What do you think of the new GAG update that closes questions after 48h?

Or if you choose a MHO

• It's great!
  • I hate it.
  • Not formed a opinion yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate it but not as much as 'Private Opinions'.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey,
    I hate it so much. WE should be able to choose when we can close our OWN questions. We are basically forced to choose a MHO or the question is closed. What if you don't get the response your looking for or have to choose a MHO that really didn't give u a good answer but you have to choose them? Hmmmm can't tell you how many times i clicked on a question with a good response or a witty response and it's showed me it's closed. It's so disappointing. Who even made this not-so -much-of-a-change-change?

What Guys Said 14

• I actively despise the "automatic closing of questions" feature. Users should be able to close their questions, and have them disappear from the feed, at their own discretion.

I despise automatic anything when it comes to technology.

• I think 48 hours is too soon. Maybe after a like a week or so would be more reasonable

• We have to see how it plays it out in terms of making sure new questions really get attention

• I like it, because it lets people ask more questions.
    I feel like it's only a problem who preemtively choose MHO
    or those who bruise GaG by the Live Feed.

• It's retarded. I miss just being able to drop my opinion on any question regardless of the MHO being selected or not..

• What is it?

• It's perhaps the worst thing I could imagine them doing. I cannot fathom why they thought it necessary to do this. I could maybe see a reason to close a question, but after only 48 hours of inactivity or immediately after selecting MHO? Really?

• I hate it so much

• it's the worst

• Now I can ask infinite questions

• I don't like it.

• It's almost as stupid as private opinions, as they defeat the whole purpose of this site.

However, I don't care - I'm just here for the giftcard to Amazon ;)

• Not as bad as I thought actually...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• I strongly disagree with it because it promotes the idea that the dialogue is only significant up until someone is rewarded. There are so many people who may benefit from participating on certain posts but they're too busy offline to be present within 48 hours of when the post was created. It's also a disservice to GAG members because one of those people could have a solution for them and really help them better themselves and their situation.

• As I mentioned to another member and in my own response here, questions are not being closed 48 hours of being created. They are closed from inactivity, 48 hours after the question stops receiving new opinions, replies, and poll votes.

• I understand and I thank you for your feedback. We know that many people feel that 48 hours of inactivity is not long enough so we are going to consider all of our options and continue to tweak these changes in the coming days/weeks :)

• @xHoneyxBeex Thanks for clarifying. I'm too lazy to actually go and read the details of changes. It's cool how you guys try to fit the desires of GAGusers.

• dumb ass update. i love how the 'closed' questions are still on the feed. -.-

it's like "oh here look at this question! but wait... you can't answer it HAHA! "

smh.

• 😂😂😄 funny how no one likes it

• Just to clarify because a lot of people seem confused about this. Questions are NOT being closed after 48 hours of being posted. They are being closed after 48 hours of INACTIVITY. Meaning, when the question stops receiving new opinions, replies, or poll votes, it will be closed 48 hours after that point. So questions can (and most probably will) stay open longer than 48 hours of being posted.

• It is stupid. Even if you pick a MHO it does not mean that there is not a better answer out there that would be useful to us.

• Yeah it sucks ):

• I HATE EVERYTHING THAT THEY DID TO THE NEW UPDATES!!

you suck!! GAG!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

• I think it's so dumb, i mean I can't even properly get enough answers from just 48 hours

• Questions are not being closed 48 hours of being posted. They are closed from inactivity, 48 hours after the question stops receiving new opinions, replies, or poll votes.

• Heya,
    It's dumb it's so very stupid i can't even conjure up words to describe it. The whole point of this website is too get opinions not to rush and close questions. If that is how it is going to be then what is the point of asking anything anymore? You're rushed to choose MHO, Your question closes after 48hrs (seriously) and you can only like and reply :\ like what the hell. All us GAGers hate it!!! Did you hear that GAGCOMMUNITY? #BringbacksimpleGAG

• Hate. It.

• It sucks badly.