Do you think gagers tell people what they want to hear when it comes to how do I look?

Maybe not every time but for the most part.

Looking through the posts, which I rarely throw in an opinion on because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and I feel like a lot are asking for attention, I've realized a pattern. Obviously less attractive girls can get over whelmingly positive reviews when they ask if they are pretty or if they are prettier than the other while decently attractive girls get nit picked when asked if said decent looking girl is more attractive when compared to another girl, pretty or not.

I feel like instead of being blunt and honest with people, everyone just tells them what they want to hear which in my opinion is just wrong. I just don't comment to spare people feelings while others are giving counter productive, un honest answers

• Yes, I feel like people say what they think the poster wants to hear
  • No, I feel like people are being genuinely honest
I don't mean you personally exactly, I mean as a rule of thumb for the rest of the community.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Yes, I feel like people say what they think the poster wants to hear" for an easy #MHO me personally I just say whatever comes to mind about ____ rather they like it or not >_< LOL

• Thats how it should be and what this site is supposed to be for. Now everyone has to be completely politically correct and hurt no one's feelings or they're dirt. I saw a post earlier where someone thought her boyfriend was cheating and she posted the other girls picture. She is obviously pretty but there are a lot of people tearing her down. Then I see someone who looks like her parents were cousins and everyone says she's gorgeous. What's the point of asking if everyone is just going to lie to keep you happy?

• @Afro-dite9 fuck these uptight ass people on this site LOL

• I second that Lmao! They need to understand we don't be serious, sometimes nigga's just be bored lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I dont trust gaggers that much anymore.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, that is absolutelly true. For me though, if I have nothing nice to say, I just say nothing at all.
    I think that someone that posts something on that section, is already aware of how they look like, so they may already have confidence issues, and they are looking for a boost, or to somehow believe that it's all in their heads. To believe that someone out there thinks differently and that they shouldn't worry about it.
    That is why I only answer when I do see something nice, but by that time, there are already so many comments, that I just end up not saying anything at all, unless it's something that I have like a fetish for.

As for people that in your (and mine) opinion lie: I think that it's bad, because the asker must know that it's not really true, or it may be giving them false expectations that the world out there sees the same as those positive comments, when it's not true.
    But I wouldn't have the courage to say something negative as well, as I wouldn't know how to choose the appropriate words. So I imagine that if I posted a pic myself, I'd prefer not to have any answers, than to have them negatives, because I already know what I look like, I don't need someone to tell me that when it took me all the courage in the world to put up a pic of me. I imagine that the silence leaves the person in the same stand as they came in: they don't know how many people saw it or not, and they just get ignored like they already do in real life, so no harm is done in my opinion, but that never happens, and like you say, there's always the "you're a beautiful woman" comment...

• And that is also the reason why I never put a question in there, although I wanted to.
      I will stand in the exact same place as I got in: I don't know if they're telling me the truth, or just giving me some confidence, because deep down, that's how they also feel, and that's what they wished someone told them, so they think it's a good action to tell it to someone else, because it will "make my day".
      I will never know what they are really thinking (But I noticed that what you described is only done when the asker is female though, the male ones get ignored, or they are already handsome, cause the not so handsome, don't have the courage to put a pic up)

• Also because pictures are VeRy deceiving, and if I chose one, I would obviously pick the best, and then I would know that it didn't really represent who I am, but just a lucky angle. I have to admit that I do like about 3 of my hundreds of pics, and I would only put one of those 3, because people don't need to be exposed to the real face... that already happens in real life.. I don't need to torture the ones that don't know me as well.

• Most people give their opinion when they have a compliment to give. The question asker will likely get comments from people that find them attractive. I just saw a person say the asker in unattractive and the asker said "shut up" and then asked why they are body shaming.

• I've seen both those who are honest and those who are clearly lying.

I personally don't like to lie, though, so I typically don't.

• You are absolutely right. I have observed this pattern too. Sometimes I get confused as why are they complimenting so much...

• I'm always honest

I haven't got any reason to lie

• Well I always do, cuz my mind doesn't let me say what I don't think

What Girls Said 5

• Most yes. I personally don't

• I voted B but meant to vote A. @.@
    I have noticed this pattern too.
    I don't comment much on HDIL posts, but if I'm going to post something I'll be honest about it. I don't know why the majority of people lie. >.>

• a lot of people leave really mean opinions on those, so I doubt it

• Totally. People are seldom honest here with rate me questions

• no people are brutally honest most of the time