Do your private messages stay around forever or not?

Im not sure if one of my pm conversations has disappeared? Do they stay there forever or do they automatically delete after a certain time frame?

I hope not because I need to keep them for reference purposes and have been given some good advice via pm.

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• They do go away after 3 months of account inactivity.
    I wish they didn't. I met my boyfriend on here and I really wish I still had the messages we sent to each other to look back on. I think it would be funny and cute. I can't believe this website doesn't keep a record of messages. Just another stupid thing about gag I hate.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They get deleted after 3 months.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Messages more than three months old get deleted. If you need to keep messages for whatever reason, take screen shots.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's better to save the web page as html. That way you can view it in a browser and search and copy /paste

• Just loading all the messages and hitting ctrl + s, or command + s

• Private messages that are more than three months old are automatically deleted by the system.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wish they were kept for all time, like questions are, but with a proper time and date stamp as well.

• They're deleted after three months.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't disappear unless they are not being used or you delete them without knowing. Or you could take screen shots for proof just in case they do disappear

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• They disappear on their own every couple of months of inactivity

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are no where to be found down the road the more you PM

0|0
    0|0
  • They eventually go away.

0|0
    0|0