Are you happy with the changes G@G has made?

I have been a member on this site for less than a year and I have lost track of how many times G@G has made changes to the structure and appearance of the site. Some of the changes have represented improvements, some of the changes may have been well intentioned but were counter productive, and some of the changes simply seem to have been made without regard to the concept of being user friendly.

Now I see others posting questions and comments about users leaving G@G in significant numbers. I love the concept of G@G but am concerned about some aspects of the site. What are your thoughts on the direction G@G should take? If your greatest concern is not included in the poll options, please express yourself in a comment.

• I am very happy with G@G as it currently exists
  • I intend to leave G@G and nothing it does will change my decision
  • I want G@G to stop making so many changes to the site
  • I want G@G to do more to eliminate the trolls on this site
  • I want G@G to exert more control over offensive content
  • I want G@G to exert less control over offensive content
  • I want G@G to poll users before it makes any more changes

Most Helpful Girl

• they should make an update.. to never being able to update again.. wtf people.. just stop already.. they change it more than girls change clothes before a date..

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted for stopping changes. I would also vote, if I could, for a poll amongst users before any change is implemented, and for GAG to LISTEN and ACT on that poll.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't like the new closed questions feature. I agree completed questions should be closed and removed from feeds but I think 48 hours of non-activity, especially in the first few days of posting and for lower ranked members, is too soon. It would be better if a full 7 days inactivity was allowed first. I agree with closing after MHO is chosen. It means the Asker has received an answer they are happy with and gives them some control over when they are happy. It might also discourage people from voting MHO just to get the points before the question is fully explored.

I also don't like the private comments feature. I've seen mods complaining about it being completely unregulated and I agree it leaves people wide open to abuse. If a conversation needs to be private it can take place on messaging. If it can't because the Asker is anonymous then they are probably anonymous for a reason.

@girlsaskguys need to speak to users more before making changes, and they need to promote the conversations more so more people respond. Maybe a notification to tell people with a link to the conversation.

• I think closed questions is pretty useless, and don't really see the need for a private opinion. As for the constant notifications, I like that I can just uncheck that option in my settings while other people who may enjoy that option can use it. The poll notifications were a little much for me lol

• People will Continue Leaving and Grieving. xx

• If they could just be consistent about the rules, that would be great. If they could design an update that actually worked properly, that would also be great. If they could implement the changes that the userbase actually wanted that would be best.

• fairly disappointed. I like being told when someone I'm following ask a question and the notifications options, but the rest sucks

• İ dont know why they decide to change this much. Change is inevitable but the frequency is important. These recent changes that i am not really fan of. Maybe i missed when they asked if we want change? I am sincerely asking if they ever asked. If they dont they need to understand we are the users of this site. There should be more interaction between admins and users.

• Not a fan.

• No. I think they're dumb. I don't get the point of closing questions and private answers. Anon is private enough.

• I'm not a fan of this latest update for the most part. It'd be nice to be polled of specific potential updates, not just generic ones about wanting to update content.

• GAG did some kind of a consultation with the users but never gave them what they really wanted.

• Me too behonest no there to strict now and my computer goes out slso i hate the ads

• I like some changes, while others not so much

What Guys Said 11

• I believe we should have the ability to closes questions and poll on our own. You should encourage the users to do that also because i like seeing poll results without having to dig through. You should probably have a tab between replies and mentions for that (polls you voted on). Your polls showed A VAST MAJORITY of gaggers wanted downvotes and gag did other things.
    1 DO ELIMINATE TROLLS (im not one but how could you without deactivating others
    ! DO NOT CONTROL OFFENSIVE CONTENT (what offensive content, the person chose to ask or click question and they usually set them selves up or the offensive content is how they actually feel.
    1 DONT FIX IT IF IT IS NOT BROKE IS SOMETHING I LIVE BY.
    2 ALSO PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT SO DONT TRY TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY (that is not possible).

• forgot to add something on trolls line... without deactivating others who aren't trolling on accident, people were complaining about getting deactivated too easily on another question)

• i have read another post and on the trolls part, they have to be APPARENT TROLLS with VERY OFFENSIVE post. The reason why i said apparent and very offensive is this site is made to get everyone's opinion and some may voice their opinion in a different way. Stopping trolls can case a lot of accounts to go down in the crossfire. (wow i respond to my own comments a lot lol)

• No I'm not. The notifications were barely working yesterday and I'm still not sure if they're working now. Chances are, if someone replies it might not work because yesterday it both did and didn't work.

• this has been the worst update since I've been on GAG and it's the first update which actually managed to take a lot of my motivation to come to here.

I'm not against changes, but I'm against shitty updates like this. there are many other things they could work on improving but instead they come with this shit.

• I think they should think their changes through. Of course, it's quite clear I expect too much.

• I am NOT happy with G@G's current state of existence.
    -don't want questions to be closed.
    -private opinions are useless
    -and I still want down votes back >_<

• Until my phone blew up with notifications on everything and I had to shut a lot of them off in the settings menu it seemed okay. Still trying to figure out when to use the "private" option to a response.

• For me, I want both fewer changes just for the sake of changes and better control over the trolling.

• gag should ask us before they make any changes and no I hate the latest stuff

• It even got nerdier and more desperate lol

• Yeah, they should stop making so many changes.

• Only thang I dislike's I can't answer to a question if MHO's been chosen already... apart from it it's OK...

Wot I dislike's people's obsession about feminism and black/white differences... is it possible for admins to do anything about it?