GAG STOP CLOSING QUESTIONS?

It's annoying! I was writing a whole text and while I was writing the Asker chose his MHG so the question got closed, I WROTE a whole text for nothing smh... this new feature is stupid!

• Yes. This feature is useless >:(
  • No I like it this way.
  • Meh I don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 33

• Aye I'm with ya on this 1 my #Waifu since my dumbass just did the same thing like WTF were they thinking with this stupid ass update?

i1127.photobucket.com/.../hulk_smash_loki.gif

• If the question is CLOSED I dont want to SEE IT IN MY FEED NOR AT ALL. And while I'm at it "THE SAME THING GOES FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ME BLOCKED" like if I can't "interact" with them yeah... lol

• Perfect gif.. 😑😑😑

• Probably the rat gif scared em off xD

• Worse than useless: annoying.

• I am not a fan of this feature either, I sure hope this change gets reversed soon!

The admins already know about my distaste for the "questions being closed" feature, when I have been ok with most of the other changes this site has made. I'm not one of those users that outrages at every little change GaG makes. In fact I don't think I have ever objected to a change to this site as strongly as this one.

Hopefully @GirlsAskGuys will understand my objective mindset... and actually listen to me. :)

• You have to be joking, my friend. Listen? As for as I know, they've SAID they will bring back downvote, but it's yet to happen. I don't know of any other time they've listened AND acted.

• I completely agree, I've never seen such an annoying update in my life, on any social network...

49.media.tumblr.com/.../...yhsGur1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Yours is probably the best reason so far as to why this new question closing thing is nuts. You went to the effort to write out a long answer and you got left hanging by GAG's newest change.

• I think it should be the asker to decide when it is time to close it's own question!

• molotov solution baby

• How about we have an MHO boycott?

OH WAIT NEVERMIND THEY CHOOSE MHOS RANDOMLY IF WE DON'T

THANKS GAG HOW EFFICIENTb

• it's the worst! especially the automatic closing after 48hrs x_x

wtf whoever thought that's a good idea...

• #GetGAGBack

For what it's worth I up-voted most everyone's opinions hoping that they get the message to fix things.

Usually, after any change to a social media site there will be people who complain but after a while they get used to it and stop complaining. In this case I think we should continue to complain until they fix these bass-ackwards updates.

• So true, people's good questions used to be answered 5 days later by legit accurate answers. Now the good oppinioners always come only to find out that the questions are closed...

And people love to answer stale and old questions too, so stupid.

I swear, gag staff are on heavy hane.

• stupid how they added all those notifications and added icons on the sides.

• yeah I started using it way less!

• This topic should get more likes just so they know that their pissing people off.
      Do they care?

• You posing this question supposes that "they" will read it and care. Your first mistake.

• One thing I've already noticed with these newest tweaks is that prior to today, you had to have at least 4 opinions to choose MHO or you had to wait at least 24 hours to do so. Now, it appears you have to wait 24 hours regardless. It's a very, very small step in the right direction.

• Totally agree and keep that rage alive, trust me if enough people are pissed about and outraged about it for a long enough time they'll change it back, that's why they are giving us back the downvote option.

• GAG is trying to be over clever and it's just not working.

They just don't think it through when they come up with some idiotic update.

• I'm not a fan of this feature. I don't see the purpose behind it.

• I don't think it will be up for much longer... I still haven't found a single person who agrees with this... Everyone is complaining.

It makes sense for the polls, but even that, it should be controlled by the asker

• And I hate private opinions too that just means you have a chance of getting less points cause i never get invited for private opinions :'( lol and that's what pm is for.

• I'm still on the fence which one is the worst, removing the downvote feature or this one.

• I think they are doing it to take some of the questions off the server rather than leave them open ended! It may be just a matter of cleaning house.

• How does it get locked? By the person asking the question?

If I see a heated argument in play, my usual reaction is...

"In before the lock"
    http://letsgokings.com/images/smilies/lock1.gif

• It gets locked as soon as the qa selects a mh or 48 hours after the question was asked.

• Yeah, what is the point in closing questions on a Q&A SITE?

• They would at least have to wait for a minimum of 8 days to close a question... now some people are quick to chose most helpful and their questions get closed after a few hours :o

• it's really unnecessary!

• I can understand why, content creation, but this doesn't quite solve the problem. But for anyone that just started using the site wouldn't know any different

• I agree, I can't stand that

• This feature sucks almost as much as your cooking >:(

• Yes I don't like this feature too...
    It's restricting... :-(

• I completely agree. I don't even see a point in it, it just seems useless to me

• It so convenient

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 22

• I actually like the idea with a question closes when you pick MHO. Since that would fuck the person who picks MHO extremely fast. Which would make me hope it would make those people stop picking MHO before it's even been 1day.

Though I do not like the fact that questions could be closed after 48 hours. If they have to close a question with or without MHO. I rather they would wait 5 days after it's been asked. Since normally after 5 days majority of questions are dead. With nobody adding anymore replies to them.

• If anything the person who picked MHO that second is the one to blame. Since they are being the jackass for closing the question on purpose so soon. Which to me proves they are a crappy person to follow or to ever bother with their questions.

In your case they should try to fix it so if your already typing in the Opinion box. That you should be allowed to still send your comment. That the closed question part should only takes affect if you haven't clicked and are typing in the opinion box.

• @Red_Arrow @Mustachekitteh
      yeah, I remember that being a feature too. No clue why they did away with it prior to this update.. oftentimes leaving a MHO being chosen within 5 minutes on questions that received only had enough time to receive 1-2 opinions. x_x

• @kaylaS91 yeah they should make it so you can't pick MHO for 5 days. Since I've noticed that's when people stop seeing it and replying.

• Yes. This feature is useless >:( USELESS! lol SO damn waste of time or energy!

• "A" for Absolutely, @ElissaDido and You Know?
    Just another Way to Clean house on Gag Today.
    Good luck. xx

• Yeah, I agree, it's the worst update ever :(

• I never complain about updates, but this one is hands down the dumbest one ever. It's pointless. Makes taking an extended hiatus much easier now.

• Seriously most annoying thing ever. I am getting less answers for my questions now because of all of the new features and updates. On average I used to get a larger audience reading my questions and answering now it's like less than ten.

• This is literally the worst update ever. You can't even get enough opinions anymore and it makes gag suck

• ouch =/

yeah it's quite ridiculous. I'm sure they'll get rid of it eventually.

• I usually try to just get used to updates but whoever came up with this one was not thinking!

• absolutely useless and frustrating

• OH MY GOD POOR SARA 😂😂 well, i totally agree, more than, once i had good advices for a question and the question was closed... that drives me crazy 😓

• It's terrible. I can't wait for it to go back to how it was.

• chose C

i'm more annoyed by private opinions
    but i understand where many people are coming from

it would be better if GaG gave users the power to close their own question or automatically close it after 2 weeks, whichever comes first. that way it would give people time to answer and prevent users from answers questions that are 3+ months old, something that's not uncommon

• i kinda don't understand it

• When I come across a question I want to answer and it's closed is the same feeling of me going to my favorite shoe store or whatever and see the sign "closed".
    "Oh no I have to go back home, I came for nothing :'( " or in this case " Ugh, I have to go back to the Live Feed, I clicked for nothing"
    Lol.

• YES I HATE that feature. It should be my choice if I want them closed or not.

• Hey,
    It's pointless i tell you. Sometimes we don't even get a good opinion or answer. It's really stupid.
    Take care :)

• Yea it's dumb as fuck tbh

• Lol I guess you were late by a minute or two :P I agree with you though. This is the most pointless feature ever. I only pick MHO after my question's already been closed

• useless and incredibly stupid :/ what have u done this time GAG? ^_^

• Another useless feature from the admins at GAG.

• I vote A

• It's annoying and sort of useless in my opinion.