As a commander in chief of GaG I would like to make changes and these are as follows
- Ability to edit post - no private opinions - Amazon Giftcard back to 5000 points or 5500 or 6000 (its negotiable) - Keep it simple, easy to use - Don't make drastic changes at one update that users would be left unfamiliar - No closing of question. Instead just stick with mute - You can downvote an opinion or a question - Much more freedom of expression - Pizza on Fridays after a long shitty week - Party every 2 weeks on boring Sundays
I would take away that stupid "Private" option. That is what PMs are for.
I would also take away that stupid thing of questions closing.
I think I would bring back the down-vote option. People are aloud to disagree with what a person says.
I would make it so you can't be on anon questions or opinions for anything apart from "Sexual behaviour" or "Sexual health" and if you post in those topics when your question should be in another topic I would make it so your question gets moved to the correct topic and you loose anon.
1) Question closing is not a bad idea in and of itself but it should be pushed back to an entire month and not the practically 5 minutes it is now.
2) Downvoting should be brought back but we should also have the option of knowing who downvoted us.
3) Limit the amount of anon posts a day.
4) Take away the god-awfully stupid private opinions. OR at the very least have an option where the question can be EITHER only private or not.
5) On our personal profiles, give us the option to organize posts more. Currently we can only do so with opinions that have or have not received MHOs. Perhaps we should be able to see all of our opinions in descending or ascending order based on upvotes or even dowmvotes. The same goes for questions and takes - descending or ascending order based on how many opinions were posted or how much it was liked.
6) Don't stop showing the time of the post. It's annoying when a question with no date could be 3 months old or even 3 years old and there's no way to tell.
-A posibility to proof read an opinion/comment before posting. Or a possibility to correct it within 10 or 15 minutes after posting. If the software shows the moment of correction, mods could see the original if some member abuses it or if there's a discussion about it..
If I had the the final say in it.. I would love to see where an opinion could be edited.. at least for an hour or two anyways.. not to delete it.. but just to correct it if many spelling mistakes were made or that it just did not make as much sense as the opinion owner first thought before he clicked send.. but the way it is now.. the one who reads back his or her opinion.. finds this out and says to self.. wow I wish I could edit it.. but you can not edit it.. to make it a bit better
- Ability to delete your question up until the point someone comments on it. It'd enable people to quickly change typos and stuff that they can't do with updates but wouldn't let people completely change what they'd written.
- I mean, I'd love to make the rewards easier to achieve but I guess GAG has to make a profit somehow. I guess just make the rewards more international (e. g. ship the shirts to the UK cause I really want one for pajamas :P )
- Bring back the downvote.
- Keep the ability to decide what notifications you'd like but take the notification bar back to how it was previously.
- Stop closing questions, why on earth was that a good idea, holy shit :P
- The mods have a page where we can see reported posts and how many people reported it. I like that but I think it'd be useful to see why they reported it, like as a woman I may not be able to see that something's offensive to a guy so I might not remove it. If there are like 3 or 4 reports from guys all saying it's offensive, I'll be sure to put more thought into it and take it more seriously and try and empathise in a way I might not have if I didn't know that it had been reported for being offensive.
I think the issue with the new updates they did. It's not what most thought they would change. So people are upset over not getting the downvotes that were promised. Along with making such a HUGE change has freaked people out. Since it ends up being really confusing on what it all means.
So each time they make any updates to the website. They need to add a video on how all the updates work and why they are here. Kind of like how some gaming videos about characters. First the person is showing a video of them playing with the character. Second they will be explaining each skill while showing what they are saying with their character, and third they will talk about the best ways possible about how to improve the characters stats. So I think gag should take the same approach. Then the second they put out a post saying they have made an update. Then make it so it's the first thing that it stays on every ones opening page for at least 1 week. That way everyone has a chance to see the post and learn more about the updates better.
I think they should give people a choice of having any anonymous questions, mytakes, etc showing up in their live feed. Since some people don't trust or like seeing what anonymous people have posted. Plus it will let gag know how much people like anonymous users or not.
- a group chat feature, or live chat at least. that will remain at the top of my list. - allow a question asker to edit their question or mytake once, if they need to after submission. - allow a max of 3 drafts for a question or mytake rather than just one. - notify us who unfollows us. - a more fun profile page would be nice. - add a food and beverage topic - i'd like to block some anons permanently, not just on one post.