Seeing the various updates GAG has brought, if members had the say... what changes would you bring?

-Ability to disown opinions? (
-Having a set limit every month on opinions and questions you can permanently delete off GAG
-Different rewards

I can't think of anything else, what do you guys suggest?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a commander in chief of GaG I would like to make changes and these are as follows

- Ability to edit post
    - no private opinions
    - Amazon Giftcard back to 5000 points or 5500 or 6000 (its negotiable)
    - Keep it simple, easy to use
    - Don't make drastic changes at one update that users would be left unfamiliar
    - No closing of question. Instead just stick with mute
    - You can downvote an opinion or a question
    - Much more freedom of expression
    - Pizza on Fridays after a long shitty week
    - Party every 2 weeks on boring Sundays

#MakeGaGGreatAgainOrGreater

• I think they should introduce a feature where Gurus or Master levels can edit their opinions so it gives those who want to edit a chance to do so but also prevents trolls etc from deleting their content.

• wow thank you very much for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like they just never used this website! How would they know what we like? They never even ask! And if we all agree that it sucks they still don't change it!

What Guys Said 11

• I would take away that stupid "Private" option. That is what PMs are for.

I would also take away that stupid thing of questions closing.

I think I would bring back the down-vote option. People are aloud to disagree with what a person says.

I would make it so you can't be on anon questions or opinions for anything apart from "Sexual behaviour" or "Sexual health" and if you post in those topics when your question should be in another topic I would make it so your question gets moved to the correct topic and you loose anon.

• I just think if you are going to say something then have the guts to show your face.

• The recents changes have been of no use I agree with you there. I don't think many people use the private feature but like you said it gives a leeway to trolls and perverts.

• Yes it does and that is why I hate it.

• 1) Question closing is not a bad idea in and of itself but it should be pushed back to an entire month and not the practically 5 minutes it is now.

2) Downvoting should be brought back but we should also have the option of knowing who downvoted us.

3) Limit the amount of anon posts a day.

4) Take away the god-awfully stupid private opinions. OR at the very least have an option where the question can be EITHER only private or not.

5) On our personal profiles, give us the option to organize posts more. Currently we can only do so with opinions that have or have not received MHOs. Perhaps we should be able to see all of our opinions in descending or ascending order based on upvotes or even dowmvotes.
    The same goes for questions and takes - descending or ascending order based on how many opinions were posted or how much it was liked.

6) Don't stop showing the time of the post. It's annoying when a question with no date could be 3 months old or even 3 years old and there's no way to tell.

• -Install a "Take A Penny - Leave A Penny"Jar
    -Dress-Down Friday's
    -Out-A-Gay-Moderator Wednesday's

• -A posibility to proof read an opinion/comment before posting. Or a possibility to correct it within 10 or 15 minutes after posting. If the software shows the moment of correction, mods could see the original if some member abuses it or if there's a discussion about it..

• No more anonymous option, or at least on opinions.
    No more blocking system.
    More freedom on what to post and say.
    Oh, and get rid of the private thing the added on the last update.

• They could bring back the feature to change your username

• The blocking system makes sense even if it's sometimes used inappropriately

• @aoifeislovable I don't see how it makes sense. If that person is harassing you, talk to an admin and they'll ban them. If they insult you, same thing.
      I've been blocked by many people, and ALL of them were because they disagreed with my opinion. I have never harassed anyone, and yet, I get blocked, and stopped from expressing myself.
      And it's not just me, many other people here get blocked by those who don't agree with what they say. That completely goes against the purposes of this site, which is the exchange of opinions

• If I had the the final say in it.. I would love to see where an opinion could be edited.. at least for an hour or two anyways.. not to delete it.. but just to correct it if many spelling mistakes were made or that it just did not make as much sense as the opinion owner first thought before he clicked send.. but the way it is now.. the one who reads back his or her opinion.. finds this out and says to self.. wow I wish I could edit it.. but you can not edit it.. to make it a bit better

• For me it's just the questions closing... compared to that elephant in the room, nothing else bothers me

• I would get rid of 90% of the updates since last year.

• I would like a short time window to delete posts that weren't carefully proofread for content or format. A one minute oops button.

• Hmm yup gag still sucks.

• I don't like it is updating me with new questions being asked, I prefer notifications if I can a response to a comment I made or to a Question I asked

What Girls Said 8

• - Ability to delete your question up until the point someone comments on it. It'd enable people to quickly change typos and stuff that they can't do with updates but wouldn't let people completely change what they'd written.

- I mean, I'd love to make the rewards easier to achieve but I guess GAG has to make a profit somehow. I guess just make the rewards more international (e. g. ship the shirts to the UK cause I really want one for pajamas :P )

- Bring back the downvote.

- Keep the ability to decide what notifications you'd like but take the notification bar back to how it was previously.

- Stop closing questions, why on earth was that a good idea, holy shit :P

- The mods have a page where we can see reported posts and how many people reported it. I like that but I think it'd be useful to see why they reported it, like as a woman I may not be able to see that something's offensive to a guy so I might not remove it. If there are like 3 or 4 reports from guys all saying it's offensive, I'll be sure to put more thought into it and take it more seriously and try and empathise in a way I might not have if I didn't know that it had been reported for being offensive.

• Yep I meant introduce different reward features e. g. let us choose a giftcard that can be used in more places than Amazon

Yeah I don't understand the closing of questions either

Maybe they could introduce the feature to disavow opinions like we can do with questions, or allow us to delete opinions we no longer want to keep e. g. from the past

• I think the issue with the new updates they did. It's not what most thought they would change. So people are upset over not getting the downvotes that were promised. Along with making such a HUGE change has freaked people out. Since it ends up being really confusing on what it all means.

So each time they make any updates to the website. They need to add a video on how all the updates work and why they are here. Kind of like how some gaming videos about characters. First the person is showing a video of them playing with the character. Second they will be explaining each skill while showing what they are saying with their character, and third they will talk about the best ways possible about how to improve the characters stats. So I think gag should take the same approach. Then the second they put out a post saying they have made an update. Then make it so it's the first thing that it stays on every ones opening page for at least 1 week. That way everyone has a chance to see the post and learn more about the updates better.

I think they should give people a choice of having any anonymous questions, mytakes, etc showing up in their live feed. Since some people don't trust or like seeing what anonymous people have posted. Plus it will let gag know how much people like anonymous users or not.

• - a group chat feature, or live chat at least. that will remain at the top of my list.
    - allow a question asker to edit their question or mytake once, if they need to after submission.
    - allow a max of 3 drafts for a question or mytake rather than just one.
    - notify us who unfollows us.
    - a more fun profile page would be nice.
    - add a food and beverage topic
    - i'd like to block some anons permanently, not just on one post.

• Those are good suggestions. I hope they do make some changes. And also bring back the feature to change our username

• - questions close a week after activity on them stops, NOT when the MHO is selected since a lot of people don't care about MHO anyway and just like sharing options and helping people

- get rid of that 'private' opinion thing, I don't see the point in it

- able to edit posts, sometimes I forget to add an important point to my post/question or realise there's a typo in my myTake after its posted and want to change it

• I know what you mean, there has been a number of times when I wrote a full answer and went to submit only to realise the question is closed

• Don't close questions
    No anon mode
    10 questions per day for every user
    Downvote
    No private mode
    Edit comments, opinions, mytakes after being posted
    No more blocking
    Gift cards for 5000

• I'd like them to at least extend the time before closing questions. 48 hours is nothing. I'd say closing them after a month of inactivity works. Giving the option to close them would be better.

• Yeah I agree, it sucks when you see a good question and want to answer it but it is closed

• Agreed. I've gone to answer several two-day old questions, and they're closed. Two days is such a short window.

• Bring back downvotes. Some people just deserve them. Seriously. And not closing questions. That's fucking retarded... as in, what good reason is there for doing that? Cuz I can't think of one.

Bring back live chat.

• Make the site work in widescreen. Half of my monitor is filled with empty space, literally 50%.