Who hates asking questions on g@g now?

I LOVE asking questions, and I loved posting questions on this site, but with the recent turn of events, it has become a bad experience.

Now they force you to choose MHO in order to close your question, and if you don't they'll close it for you. Guess I can't protest by not choosing MHO, because G@G has that covered. 😒

Now what is the point of this feature? This is a question-answer WEBSITE, and you are hindering it's capabilities with this pointless implementation. Why would you want to close a question? Isn't the point of asking a question to get as many answers as possible, even if they are a few days in advance? This will drastically reduce activity on the site.

I already addressed the private opinions. We have a PM feature already. It's redundant.

The joy that I experienced by asking questions on here has drastically fell, and now my burning questions will never thrive to their full potential because of this update. Thanks, G@G. I love you, but not this update...

LIKE RIGHT NOW. THEY FORCED ME TO CHOOSE MHO ON ONE OF MY QUESTIONS IN ORDER TO POST THIS ONE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

• I hate it now.
  • Meh, it's cool.
  • I still love it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh gosh, I didn't get that part of the update... so you can also have a maximum open nr of questions? You had to pick MHO on question A before being able to ask question B?
    That's ridiculous indeed, I can imagine they want to limit the nr of open questions to improve performance. But it must not harm the site's user friendliness :-(
    I'm in your camp :D

• Thanks for the MH :D
      Since I'm not a frequent asker I didn't hit the limit so far but I'm still against it :o

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate the fact they close my questions without telling me.
    I hate the fact I can only have one issue at a time - dude I'm female, one issue at a time doesn't happen.
    I hate the fact I'm notified if a user urinates.
    I hate the fact I now have to choose if I'm anon, privately anon, just private or viewable to the world.

This latest update has stopped me asking or answering questions. Very much considering deactivating.

Well some gag. Shite update again but this time you pissed everyone off.

What Guys Said 11

• Your questions are actually good so no issues with that BUT the majority of users on here ask useless questions like do you twerk, how does my elbow look like, whats your favourite colour, whats your favourite food, have you ever seen boobs, are you a virgin, boobs or ass, and things like that.

I believe that the intended purpose of closing the questions is to make you think before you post something. Do I really need to ask that? can't I just google it? Would other users like to answer my question? Is it a waste of a question?

• Voted "meh its cool" cause its not perfect. Its sort of a knife with 2 edges. On one hand the intentions are good but only 3 or 4 active questions is too little in my opinion. It should be at least 4 questions for the normal users and 5 for the gurus.

• Yeah there are a LOT of bugs in it with those. So they need to stop letting any questions that are closed show up at all.

• @Facepalm "I believe that the intended purpose of closing the questions is to make you think before you post something."

Thinking takes time and they've reduced our time to do that by closing questions. Also, some people on GAG may be too busy to give a detailed response right away. When they return to give a good answer they can't because the question has been closed.

@ElissaDido mentioned that she was giving a detailed response to a question but in the middle of her response the question was closed and her opinion didn't get posted.

• I couldn't agree with you more, RFG! It has caused people to close questions before the actual best answers have even been posted.

Net result: The value of G@G is severely degraded!

• Well for me I have not posted many questions on here at all.. if any.. but I have given a lot of opinions on questions.. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the question closing thing is stopped.. it is their site and I suppose they can run how they choose.. but I have seen a lot of feed back on it all negative by the way.

If I had a say in how the site was run I would take that closing thingy off.. but either way it will not push me to leave the site because of it though.. overall the site is one that I really enjoy coming onto.. but who knows.. down the road they may just change their minds on it.. I am sure hoping so and it is just some experiment also pretty sure others would like it to go back to the way it was as well

• yeah that sounds lame man.

what kind of cereal do the developers eat in the morning. fuckin a'

• I never asked much... but like I said before, I don't think it's gonna last long, this update was very unpopular, it would be wise to change it.

• I've stopped asking questions because of this update even though I have several to ask. I think we should boycott GAG and have everyone go offline for a week.

#GetGAGBack

• definitely less fun...

#GetGAGBack

• I hate it

• It needs options make it like a blog

Totally customizable lol

• I've hated it since they started nagging about choosing MHO which was like a year ago

• I like it... just a while ago I could ask only 3 every 24 hours... now I can ask like 4 or 5 if they I close 'em after 5-6 hours... so not bad at all...

• I don't like closing my questions. I actually like receiving answers on mine.

• Well there's nothing I can do about it... I'm not an admin...

I'd leave a question if it was of more serious nature... but most I ask are lightweight questions... so no need to leave 'em for long...

What Girls Said 2

• I hate it now.

• It's been a while since I last asked a question here because my profile is being watched, so every question I ask has to be previously approved. So I don't really care about anything on here anymore, having to wait for my questions to be approved is way worse than having them closed after 48 hrs.
    I'll just wait til GaG is finally shut down due to lack of users, I'm pretty positive it's bound to happen at some point.

• Why are you questions on hold for 48 hours? Never heard of that...