Question asker picks mh while typing an answer?

You type out a long and thoughtful answer to a question. They pick a mh right before you press submit though.

Question asker picks mh while typing an answer...?

Has that happned to anyone?

What would you think?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Never...

Although now questions get closed after choosin' MHO... so if they choose I won't be able to post ma answer... it sucks...

Although I'd not mind if it was already chosen... I almost never get selected anyway...

• Yeah I would feel frustrated if I spent the time and energy to write a thoughtful response and not get to share it.

What Girls Said 7

• You have no idea that crop really does piss me off especially when I know my opinion is better or when some users like litterally only let 5minutes go by before selecting MH and not giving anyone else a chance.

And now it's really f***** up because I'm fine without getting MH if I came to late I came to late. I would at least still like to share my own personal opinion or help the QA and we can't even do that anymore because of that stupid close rule GAG made -_-

• And yes it happens to me more often than you think I'm litterally know for typing short stories/essays every time I leave an opinion 😕

• Oh trust me, the admins know that I, a tolerant and objective long time users that LIKES change... absolutely despise the "closing of questions" feature.

• I like the dog gif, that's cute.

I haven't had that happen to me.. Yet.
    If I took the time to type out a well thought answer and was ready to submit it and the opinion owner chose MHO well before I even submitted it, I would feel bothered and gutted (mostly annoyed).

As much as I dislike that update, it's something I would have to get use to. It kind of sucks to be honest. I guess Gag wants more questions to be answered and people don't select MHO so I guess this was there safe bet..

• A confused dog.

I'd feel the same way.

I bet they will change it back or at least modify it.

• Hope so.

• I don't care. I answer questions to help the asker, not to win MHO.

• If they pick a mho, you can't answer the question though.

• Oh, is that part of the new update? That is annoying then.

• Yeah once an answer is picked for mh, no one can answer the question anymore 😐😕

• Feel confused about answering to any further questions for the time being 😬😬😬

• Sometjing Similar happened

I typed an answer and just when I clicked send, it says the q was removed or something.

• I've had that happen a few times too. I can understand gag doesn't want those questions on here though. Still can be frustrating.

• Yes, yes, yes! This happens to me too all the time! Also whether it's a question or a comment I'll be unaware that I'm blocked by the QA or the opinion owner after I thpe all of that 😒

• This is part of why I hate the new update... and also why I never give well thought out answers 😉

• I think it's one of the worst updates. I'm really surprised the person that thought it would be a good change is in a position to make the change. Seems like a bad business decision in my opinion.

• Completely bad idea. I'm still one step closer to leaving because of it.

• I bet they alter it or maybe even change it back 😊

• You would almost think so with how quick some pick MH.

• Lol you mean like @Jared___ at least before he deleted his account? It would be like a minute before he selected MH and would be off to a new question 😂

• @DivaMonae I have come across some questions asked 48 minutes ago with MH given 47 minutes ago. It had to be the first answer. I hear that GAG has put a time limit back on giving MH.

• Allegedly it's happened :/

What Guys Said 10

• There was another question about this same new problem yesterday. It really shows contempt on the part of GAG for people who go to the time and effort to type out a thoughtful, lengthy answer. And then, write when they go to hit the "Send It!" button the question gets closed. Like wtf? How low is that? GAG needs to realize how disrespectful that it to it's own community of users.

• I agree. Gag meant well when trying to take less admin focus or resources on certain types of questions. Their strategy to try and do it has been very poor though. Seeing stuff like this, I've realized if I wanted to make a rival website I think I could draw more user interest.

• If you feel that your answer is thoughtful and profound and you want to share it with the rest of us on here you can always turn it into a myTake.

Yes it sucks when it happens but there's nothing you can do except make the best out of it.

• There is this guy, forgot his name, who gives out MHOs a few minutes after posting the question. Dafuq is up with that? Why then even bother?

• I think I've seen that guy do that lol. He seemed to live to give it to girls.

• I have once gotten it pretty fast from him and then other times I haven't. I see no logic in the way he gives them but yea, sometimes the girls are a factor.

• i can't even focus on answering this question cause of dat golden doh

• Yes, it happened to me on Friday. Upon submission, I was greeted with a message saying the question was closed, as I noted the asker had selected both MHOs while I was typing. I was disappointed to say the least. This closing out a question once a MHO is selected is beyond any logical reason.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I bet gag will eventually stop closed questions or modify them in another way. I was inspired after spending a little while writing an answer and wondering if the asker had selected a mh.

• Quick, do it now!
    Give me mho!

• Yeah, several times. Usually I can get used to the updates around here, but I think they really fucked up with this last one.

• Nothing cos idc? Lol wtf.

• Lol happened to me today

• I don't care... and it hasn't happened yet that an MHO is chosen while I'm typing.

However it's annoying to click on some question to reply only then to see that it has been closed; but heck I just go to the next one then, because the only time I'll be pissed - and leaving this page - is if the site owners remove the option to get xper points