Would it be a good idea to be able to see who downvoted you?

Since they're bringing back the downvote, do you think it would be wise to implement an option whereas you can see who was it that downvoted you?
Not that you would get a notification for it, but instead you could see the people once you hover over the downvote icon or something like that.

And If you have a different idea, feel free to share.

• Yes, I would like to see who downvoted me.
  • No, I don't want to see who downvoted me.
  • Fuck you, I have a better idea (write below).

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a good idea. Trust me, it will create a lot of unnecessary drama between members. I've already been on forums that let you know who down voted your post or gave you negative reputation votes. Even right now on GAG, when people disagree they actually have to leave a public comment, and most of those comment threads get very heated. I can't imagine what things would be like here if simple down votes were made known to the OP.

What Girls Said 10

• No it's not and it's been explored and discussed with GaG www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1717399-would-you-like-to-see-who-upvotes-your-opinions

• Nope... that's not a good idea..

• I think that could introduce more problems? Wouldn't it

• I feel like if we could see that then it would lead to more arguments and issues between people on the site.

• I doubt it. I think that the downvote is a good thing but being able to actually see who disagrees with you is going to lead to a lot of arguments where people decide to call each other out and make a huge fuss.

• I think I'm fine with just the downvotes back

• I don't even care to know who has upvoted me. Useless information in my opinion.

• Don't hold your breath on GAG bringing the down vote back. It's coming just like the Follow question was coming back.

• No i don't think that would be a good idea. Knowing who didn't like your answer. That is asking for trouble because it would create tension and fights on who is wrong and who is right.

• Yesss
    I wanna knowwwww hahaha
    Also you likes my opinions too.
    Like they do with mytakes

What Guys Said 7

• no. a lot of the people on here are super butthurt. if they see who downvotes them, it'll be 10 fold and people will get super pissy that she downvoted him last week 3 times and only upvoted once. so he'll downvote her 5 times and only upvote 4. stupid shit like that.

• I don't think its a good idea to let people see who hates their opinion. Unnecessary drama.

• Yes. Then I can go after them, and their families.
    lmao

• I don't think that would be a good idea, and would actually be a good argument against bringing it back. I want it back, but I don't want it turning into something else to cause hostility.

• I'd be fine being able to see it because I'm not really offended by anything, but I can already see people coming who block everyone who downvotes them, so no, I'd rather not have that.

• Nah, it's a bad idea. You'll have war breaking out on every post... LOL.

• Yeah... then we'd know who has balls here... and who doesn't...