So you now have to wait 24 hours to select MHO?

Sometime after today's site downtime, I noticed that apparently you must now wait 24 hours before selecting a MHO on a quesion. While I have always thought this as a more appropriate policy (instead of either having at least 4 opinions or waiting 24 hours, whichever occurrs first), I hope this doesn't mean they going to keep the automatic closing of questions when a MHO is selected. That justy stifles discussion.

If this is the new policy for the site, I hope they change the warning banner soon, as it still reflects the old policy.

That's what's being displayed now on a question with 11 opinions, 6 male and 5 female. The only reason I'm ready to close the question now is because it pertained to the slowness on the site today. But I can certainly wait unlil tomorrow. I'd just like to know what the policies are when they are changed instead of stumbing on them by accident.

Well, it looks like they did keep the forced closure of questions when selecting a MHO, even after a mandatory 24 hour wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it sucks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I could see why they think you should wait long for a most helpful opinion but strange close the question , I guess they want to move things along and get more questions

• I think that's what they have previously stated, but that argument doesn't seem to hold water with me. Just because I've answered a question that hasn't been closed doesn't mean I wouldn't also want to answer one where MHO has already been selected. I don't see the need to tie to two together. If anything, maybe they needed to tweak their feed feature to showcase questions better. Closing questions to further opinion can in no way encourage more discussion. It only has the potential to encourage the same question to be asked over and over. And I think we've have enough of that already.

• Yeah I see your point too, I've answered questions that an MHO has been picked already only because it was picked to soon

What Girls Said 4

• "At least 4 opinions or 24 hours needed to select MHO"
    Another Rule of Dumb thumb I see here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• Maybe it's just me... But I could've sworn that this wasn't the first time that they did this 😕

• I might be wrong, but I think it was always this way.

• No, as recently as last Friday, I could chose MHOs after I had received just 4 opinions, as the banner shown above states, no matter how little time had passed. I have seen questions with MHOs selected which were less than a hour old. As a test, the question below was asked and MHOs selected within just a couple of hours.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1919826-how-useful-do-you-find-the-private-option-to-be

• No, it's not like that. Before yesterday, if you wanted to chose a MHO before 24 hours were up, you had to have at least 4 opinions. After 24 hours, you could select a MHO with only 1 opinion. Now, it doesn't matter how many opinions you have. You cannot select a MHO before 24 hours are up. I think a MHO is only selected automatically after 30 days.

• Oh, now I get it. I still think it makes no sense, I don't like this new rule.

• Yeah so basically it's the same as before except questions still close

What Guys Said 2

• Despite people leaving the site on mass, despite the outcry against it- they really want to close questions on us. Apparentlly they don't give a shit about the users who make them money.
    That's ok there is another similar site in development right now I found out about and I'm sure it will be a bit of a shock when one day soon we pritty much all suddenly just go there and dump gag because they obviously don't care about what we want.
    Looks like they updated themselves right outa a job.

• It was already that way before...

• It certainly wasn't that way on Friday.

• I disagree about questions being buried, only because after I submitted an opinion before the forced closure change, I would often be presented with suggested questions which were well over a month old. I'd often comment on some, sometimes restarting a conversation on them. As for the removal of the post facto anonymous change, I can't really comment as I never post anonymously. I'll see if I can do some testing later to determine if that has occurred. It wouldn't surprise me if it did. I'm not really a fan of hijacking, but with this forced closure change, they've really left us no choice but to do so. :-/

• Ahhhh YES!!! Totally true. They're mostly from our followers but yes, it was very helpful