Shouldn't the question Asker be the one to have the right to keep a question openned or closed instead of GaG automatically doing it themselves?

And why not put an option up that'll let us choose if we want private opinions or not so no one gets harassed if they don't want to?

I know just where to put them:

Sorry for the shit writing, but I was using my laptops mouse to do it.

• This should be a thing because Taco the Great is right as always.
  • I think this shouldn't be a thing because of w/e stupid reason. (insert stupid reason in comments)
  • Potatoes.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of my issue with the private opinion issue would be resolved by GAG removing the word "only" from "Allow only private opinions." Ideally, this is an feature that never would have been added. It's redundant with being able to post anonymously. And yes, closing a question shouldn't reply on MHO being selected or by a 48 hour period of inactivity. That's too short and restrictive. I thought the idea was to encourage discussion. I don't see how closing questions helps that at all.

• Exactly, and not everyone has the time to make such a quick decision.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've said that same thing before. Closing questions should be the asker's choice, not mandated.

• They should listen to the users more.

• It really is, and some people do as questions that involve really big decisions/choices than can't be chosen within a short period of time.

• That's a good point.

What Guys Said 17

• I think that it should stay open so that people can still provide useful feedback even if 48 hours expired with no activity, or if mho was picked. @xhoneyxbeex

• 0|1
    • Nah man it was a quick thing on the snipping tool. xD

• ok. . . that's so much worse. But you are forgiven because your one of my followers. . . . and you're a mod

• GAG has shit staff. New update is trashkebabs.

• If I was running things I wouldn't make stupid update mistakes like this. I'd also would've never taken the down vote option down.

• So true, I do support, but G@G staff are too stubborn to care about what the community wants. This topic will probably go unnoticed by them as well.

• Taco the Great is right

• They are trying to reduce the amount of points people can earn on each piece of content because their business model doesn't work. Gift cards was a way to draw traffic at first, but it's costly so they are trying everything they can to slowly wean people off of them until they think they have a stable community. They want a lot of new content so they can monetize it and they don't want to give out gift cars ever. So they close them forcing people to create new content for the community to persist and then ban people that get close to getting gift cards.

• This should have been obviously in there from the start

• Psssh GaG peeps who do the updates don't know any better. We all know this so we have to point it out. xD

• logic is lost on GAG

• Hey, we just pushed an update to GirlsAskGuys that enables Askers to close their questions when they find convenient.

That said, inactive questions will still be closed after 48 hours without any new opinions, replies or votes on polls.

A "No Private Opinions" option is in the works and coming soon.

Read on for details: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a26119-fine-tuning-required

• You choose MHO after 31 days of the question being asked if the asker hasn't picked an opinion. Why not do the same with opening and closing questions? Plus, with some questions it does take time to come up with a good/reasonable answer to pretty serious questions.

• Voted "Potatoes," because I disagree about the first (main) question and agree about the second (description) question.

What value is there in leaving it up to each of us to determine the opened/closed question part? Maybe I don't get it.

• Because there are answers out there that are better than the ones that have been posted to an askers question, but the asker will never know because the question automatically closes itself after 2 days are up, and not everyone's on everyday to know that a certain question is up to give what could be the most helpful answer that the asker could receive. It almost would lead to more spam questions since the asker might not have gotten enough input or w/e.

• They shouldn't even do that all questions should be open don't give it as an option at all that's compromising with them.

• excellent idea, #TacoTheGreat :)

• Users would be too lazy to ever close a question, and I agree with GAG that questions shouldn't stay open forever.

• Oops accidently hit second option lol

• Seconded. Make it happen Gag. You heard The Taco.

Also, in the most non-sexual sense, in the event you're a real taco, can I eat you?
    If you're not a real taco I am suddenly not interested.

• outdoorchannel.com/.../...meme-americas-closed.jpg

There just shouldn't be any need to close a question; it should be like it was - always open, so they shouldn't have changed into into automatic closing after 48 hours or after "Most Helpful Opinion" was picked

• Questions get closed when the b. a is selected

What Girls Said 12

• Well of course but I mean before we weren't ever able to close our questions and I'm sure if we had the choice to we never would... Unless of course you're annoyed by it and no longer want to be associated with it but that's the purpose of disvowing.

Over all I think them closing our questions are stupid and does more harm than good they say they do it so everyone's questions can be answered but they're only limiting the responses that we can receive and not only that but if you don't get replies within those 2 days then you still have no opinions and guess what thanks to them you never will... So what justice does that serve?

As of now the only way to keep your questions from closing is if you're lucky and the question is popular and you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SELECT MH! Some other people have come up with another idea and that's to beg people to leave an opinion to their qiestion but I'm personally not that desperate.

• You're right. G@G is not my mother. Is house be able to manipulate these things. I'm a grown ass woman G@G!!! 😑

• i gave this opinion on another question:

"it would be better if GaG gave users the power to close their own question or automatically close it after 2 weeks, whichever comes first. that way it would give people time to answer and prevent users from answers questions that are 3+ months old, something that's not uncommon"

• Yes! Ban private opinions!

• I absolutely hate the new features

• So. Much. Yes.

• You would not believe how tempted I was to vote for potatoes but I put A because yes taco you are right! I agree 100% and I'm annoyed that they never thought of that. It's so obvious.

• Damn right they should give us the power for that!

• Closing questions is plain silly. Isn't it questions that drive this site?

• What you said makes sense. It should be up to us.

• Yes closing questions & private answers are counter productive to this site.

• Yes this is so boring now