Where did the good gag go?

I haven't been on gag in ages. I see no down vote button. And who's idea was private opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• no one knows.
    downvotes are coming back after people were complaining too much, private options... no clue and the automatic closing is the worst.

Most Helpful Girl

• We're trying to figure this out ourselves to. Slowing but surely stripping the fun away from GaG. I also hate this new notification set up. Every little thing that happens, 40 notifications which 35 of them have nothing to do with me. It's worse than Facebook.

• Yes! I'm really confused with the whole thing. They hate us. Lol

• True. G@G has been pissing most of its users off pretty bad, judging from the opinions on here. There are still program glitches happening from the last changes.
      all we can do is roll with the punches and do what we can, though many are just jumping ship.

• @Red_Arrow

I'm trying to make it to Guru before I jump ship but damn GaG is making it a little tough.

What Guys Said 17

• I've been on a crusade for a long time to stop the frequent and apparently random changes the staff keep making to the site. I've seen no vehicle for collecting user feedback. It seems they have a owner knows best attitude. It's infuriating. Even more infuriating is the absence of any info on what changes they made, why, and how to use them. It's the strangest major site I've ever seen.

• There are lots of changes:

1. No down-vote button.
    2. The private option which is so people can post an opinion that only they and the asker can see.
    3. Questions close automatically now if there has been no new opinions in 48 hours.
    4. Questions close now as soon as you select MHA.
    5. You can only have 4 questions open at a time so to ask another question you have to close one.
    6. Most people can only ask 4 questsion in 24 hours.
    7. You can not select MHA until 24 hours after the question was asked.
    8. To disavow a question you have to now wait 48 hours.

• The private opinions are supposed to be between the asker and the answerer... I guess they'll have their value though not to me. I'm indifferent.
    The downvote button has gone but there are ideas to put it back with a different name (disagree was the leader shortly before the poll from the admin team was closed). So that one may come back with a different name :D

• The culture is a bit shittier too. I remember on my first account it was better lol

• Social justice warrriors killed it.

• Right 😂

• yeah we should all start to actually bully them and show them what real bullying is. They get super ultra butt hurt by the most micro things that doesn't even concern them most of the time.

• My Bama boo is back! :-D

GaG has underwent some controversial changes in the past few months. The most controversial ones of all are 1) the dislike/downvote button being gone, and 2) questions being "automatically closed" to new opinion posts after 48 hours of inactivity

I am the type of person that doesn't mind a change-up and donesn't mind changes and tweaks... and haven't complained at all about most of the changes GaG has made.

However, the downvote button removal I dislike, and the one I absolutely LOATHE is the automatic closing of questions! @GirlsAskGuys already knows about my usually tolerant and support of tweaks and changes and are very well aware about my dismay about the two above changes.

We shall see if those two get reversed or not.

• Hey daddy 😜😭 I'm back for now! Lol it sucks that I can't even show disagreement without commenting and starting an argument lol

• Oh that happened like 2 weeks ago

You probably haven't even noticed "CLOSED questions" yet.
    It's the stupidest thing ever.

• Lost in deep deep shit

• Welcome to the jungle/lab lol.

https://youtu.be/kr8-E8may2Y

• I ate it

• Might be up your ass, Go look real quick :|

• Sorry to let you know that, gag has lost its virginity, and in last few months has been fucked like a whore by the admins.

• I actually like private opinions. I've answered more questions than I typically do because of it

• Seems cowardly. If you feel a certain way about something or went through something why does it have to be private 😂

• And if you're anon the operators know who you are. so it's the same thing. Only a select few can see your answer. Why so private 😂

• Ohhh okay 😛😛😛

• Where did this question go?
    Nowhere, because it's asked every freakin' week and always has been.

• Well I haven't been here for more tHan three months. So I needed to know 😂 and I didn't wanna search lol

• what do you need a downvote button for? just rip them a new 1

• It went down the toilet

http://i.imgur.com/ncwonit.gif

• Yeah it's been a long time since I've seen you. You know they are broke so they are doing what they always do.. make changes.

• They need to get it to-fucking-gether. My favorite format is the one they had early 2013

• Yeah.

What Girls Said 7