Do you get annoyed when you give a serious, well thought out opinion on a question/take and it turns out to be troll?

I have just given a long answer to a question and when I read other opinions, I think I walked into a troll trap.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done it before. I then think to myself, what happens if they weren't actually a troll and desperately needed advice. In the off chance that they were needing help, no matter how unlikely, how many people would actually believe them? No one is going to believe them because someone yelled troll and everyone else followed suit.

I justify my answers with that. I'll give advice to people, even if it means falling into a fake question. There's always the off chance they were real problems no one would believe because they are simply uncommon.

• Good idea but it is just a bit annoying when you feel the trap spring shut when you read their comments back to other opinions.

• True, it is annoying, but I consider it just a loss only the short scheme. Rather, I see it as a long term victory if I help one person in one of these situations who actually needs it (even if others were trolls).
      I'd rather fail ninety nine times, suceed once, then give up, take the easy way out, and fail the one time I need to win...
      If that makes any sense.

• Makes a lot of sense - You are a good man.

What Girls Said 8

• It's annoying, but not as bad as you think. It's still out there on the internet, and people who genuinely have that question/thought/idea may come across it, and your answer will help that person. Regardless of whether the asker needed the answer or not, I reckon someone who needs that will find it eventually.
    I mean, thats how I found this website, multiple times googling questions and finding really old questions on here which described my situation perfectly. So it should help someone, even if it's not the intended person :)

• Yes!! . This happened to me a while back. I gave a sincere answer from my heart to try to comfort the person , but it was a troll question. I realised after the asker responded to my opinion that it was a troll

• yeah ):

• Slightly, yes.

But, if I know it's a troll, I'll sometimes give a somewhat thoughtful but sarcastic response.

• I totally understand the frustration. That's why if I even detect a small sense of trolling, I'll skip over the question usually.

• Happens to me often, but I'm getting better at sniffing them out.

• Yes I only do if it's a troll

• That's why I don't go into details anymore unless I get a response back from them

What Guys Said 9

• KDA! Welcome back.

You need to work on your troll sense. When something is too outrageous or extremely unlikely to happen, its always a troll. For example, 18 year old user having sex with stepmom. This only happens in pornos. In real life women have self respect and I dont know anyone who would do such a thing.

• That is why I make it a point to always skim through any answers first, before I start writting.

• not really, what really pisses me off is that I write a long and detailed post only to have the admins take down the question in the time it took for me to right it

• Na, I don't give long thought out answers anyways.

• Totally. Basically wasted my time and energy.

• Never happened. I have a keen eye to figure out a troll from a mile away.
    It takes one to know one.

• I feel like I have seen you on gag before with another account

• Actually I hate when people think I'm a troll whilst I never troll... I often have unpopular opinions... but it's unfair to be called a troll...

• You mean like from black teen girls who think all online behavior should be about mocking people instead of introspection?
    Yes.