What makes you follow someone back or not follow someone back?

Some people don't follow me back and some do. Do you follow someone back because they are attractive? Intelligent? Popular? Do you not follow someone back because they are unattractive? Unintelligent seeming? Unpopular? Basically what are you reasons for following/not following someone back? I'm talking about here on GAG

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't follow back. I don't see a reason. This is not a Facebook where you have to "accept" the request and add them in order to become friends. I have a lot of G@G friends I'm not even following. The significance of following someone here is to have their opinions on top to easily read them, get their questions in "recommended questions' page/panel and myTakes in "recommended myTakes" page/panel. And their activity in news feed.

I follow the people who :-
    ☻Post witty, humorous, helpful, perspicacious, creative or in-depth opinions.
    ☻Ask clever, tricky, genuine questions and doesn't ask just for validation.
    ☻Write eloquent, original, new, beautiful and to-the-point myTakes.
    ☻Some people who think like me or are informative & some acquaintances.
    ☻People who are suffering from cancer so that I'd check it if they're online so, I'd try to make their life happier.

There are a lot of guys who follow girls just because she's good looking. And "good looking" girls are popular. Some are popular for their posts too & believe me, it can help you. Try to avoid "anon" feature as much as you can.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 4

• I follow everyone back to be polite. If I actually saw a point in the followers thing on here and actually used it for something, I probably wouldn't follow everyone back but since I don't, there's no reason for me to ignore them.

• i follow back if someone wants to message me.
    I don't really have "GaG friends," and I would rather write way too much and call it an opinion than have awkward messaging conversations back and forth.

• I always follow those that follow me. For the longest time I didn't follow anyone but, I was told by a GAGer that it gives the wrong impression then I started following all my followers.

• I follow back everyone who follows me.

What Girls Said 5

• For me, personally, it has to do with whether or not they seem like someone that has good input, thoughts, opinions, and ideas. Before I follow someone back I tend to look at their profile and see some of the recent comments that they left on another post. It may sound weird, but I want to know what type of person they are before I follow them. Are they open minded or are they close minded? All of that matters to me as I don't want to be notified about someone that does not have interesting feedback.

• I'll usually follow someone back if I know them and don't dislike them.

• I only follow the people I know in real life, I never really saw the point of following.

• I don't follow back lol and I only tend to follow trolls that genuinely make me laugh out loud.

• For me it's if they ask creeper weird questions