Do you think it's rude to tag other people in a question description or update?

If you aren't happy about it and a user keeps doing it do you think GaG should stop it?

Personally I think it's a bit rude and borders on harassment when the person doesn't want to be tagged, it's also a member post.

What reasons do you think GaG would have for allowing it or not stopping it when asked by the individuals?

• I think those tagged should be able to report it and GaG should remove the question
  • I think it's fine to get tagged even if you aren't interested and this form of self promotion is fine
  • Other (please explain)
  • I hate you, I hate your question now show me the results...
@girlsaakguys
@menguc

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're fine with it, you're fine with it. If you dislike it, maybe pm them and tell them that you don't like it, or you can tell them on the question to stop mentioning you.

What Guys Said 9

• Mass tagging should be banned.

With the new update you can chose to be notified if someone you follow asks a question. there's no need to tag people. However, if someone has chosen to disable that feature, that means they dont want to be notified and it certainly means they dont want to be tagged.

In conclusion, mass tagging shouldn't be allowed because if someone wants to see your new question, they will find a way. If they dont, you will only annoy them.

• Yes its rude.

• It's self promotion, in any other form it would be removed and as you said, with the new updates there really is no need.

• No, I don't think it is rude if the person has not told you to not tag them. However, if a person asks you to please not tag them then that should be respected. So if they keep tagging you when you have asked them not to then it is a bit rude. GAG can't remove tags in normal situations. However, if they are used to draw the person that is being abused to the talk about them then GAG can delete the comment.

• Also it gets a bit much if a person tags you over and over and over and over.

• Pfft… whatever right back at you! I am not making rules up. They are the rules. If you don't want to believe me then I don't care. LMFAO.

It is not weak just because I don't agree with you. It is not weak for me to say that because it is true, it is not the worst thing you can do here. You just don't like the fact I don't agree with you. Also like I said for about the 3rd time now you can block them. I am done wasting my breath trying to explain it to you.

• The only weak argument around here is yours to me just because I don't agree with you.

• If you over do it all the time it can be to much. I never tag people when putting a Question together

• I voted B), I personally don't mind. I'm glad to know there's someone who's interested in my opinion. That's just me, though.

P. S. it's only a member post if it's negative.

• No, it's not rude but then I would say it's not a suggested way to go about that.

• I rarely, if ever get tagged anyway, so I can't say it bothers me that much.

• I'm okay with it as long as I know the person. if it's some random person to a question I probably can't say anything about then it's annoying

• I asked this as i tag people for my questions. If anyone doesn't like it, they can just tell me and i will no longer tag them in future questions. But i haven't had anyone complain about that yet

• I think you should post a question and get consent from those you tag... then carry on, it isn't spamming if you consent to being on the mailing list...

• whatever you think it is, the people i have tagged don't have an issue with it regardless www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1927084-do-you-care-if-i-mention-you-for-my-questions

• I asked this question because someone told me they find it incredibly annoying and other people have had posts removed for self promotion...

• Not rude, but potentially attention seeking.

What Girls Said 12

• It's very rude. It's considered spamming to go say "hey look at my question" so why isn't it spamming to tag a ton of people?

Like I've had to block people because they wouldn't stop tagging me. IT'S ANNOYING. IT'S HARASSMENT. MAKE IT STOP.

• I think if the question asker just adds a huge copy/paste list of users in a question or update, then yeah that is annoying and counts as spamming. If your question didn't get that many answers then you have to deal with it. There's a reason why people decided to not answer your question. There are other ways to bring attention to your question, for example featuring your question for 750XP.

• Usually i think people dont answer cause it isn't seen in the feed by that many people at the time

• @Facepalm exactly, and not everyone agreed.

• @Facepalm i took them off afterward.

• I'd say it's only rude when the other person makes it known that they don't want to be tagged. However, as a mod, I'd like to point out that it doesn't count as a member post for us to remove. We can only remove member posts when they're negative about someone :)

• I know it isn't a member post, but I would say it's self promotion and spamming to a degree - and I was under the impression that wasn't allowed.

• Okay, well, here's what the mod guideline says about spam:

'Questions/myTakes/Opinions/Comments that are posted for the sole purpose of advertising themselves, their posts, or a product are considered Spam. Also, posts that solicit members in any fashion are considered Spam... If you encounter any Questions or myTakes that are copy/paste from other sites please use this reason to report.

Posts that should be hidden with this reason:
      --opinions that repeat another user's opinion
      --copy/paste content
      --short, unhelpful opinions that lack relevancy
      --posts only advertising a product or link
      --questions or takes only asking for others to chat/message.'

So, whilst tagging a lot of people in a question may be irritating for you, it wouldn't really class as spam. It's not promoting themselves, it's promoting their question and that's totally fine seeing as the site offers the feature function for XPER anyway. If you're tagged, just tell them not to tag you again.

• Copy paste content... yep.

Soliciting... yep.

• Wtf? You think it's rude and tag a bunch of people, how is that not hypocritical? Anyway, I think if someone doesn't want to be tagged they should be able to remove the tag from the question and stop the ability to be tagged in that same question again.

• I agree. I think people should get consent from users *before* they start tagging them full stop. It's rude to just assume that someone is going to approve of you tagging them when you haven't even asked them first.

• You're being totally contradictory here.

Anyway, I don't mind being tagged in relevant things. Someone tagged me in a comment recently as he knew I was a kick boxer and someone was asking about it. I then gave insight to the person asking, from my own experience.

Being tagged just to get more comments annoys me and I would ensure I don't comment on it at all. I would probably report them for spamming people.

• I don't really care.. it's fine.. but yeah it can be sort of spamming as this is done to get more opinions.. which should be done by using your xper to get the question featured.. and we do remove the comments in which members ask users to give opinion to their questions as spam... not sure if this is allowed or not.. maybe admins can make this clear.. 😕
    @xhoneyxbeex
    @GirlsAskGuys

• Posts about rudeness and borderline harrassment of mass tags in Questions/Updates

Proceed's to mass tag in her update

• so if u think that then why did u do it?

• I don't really mind too much. I will say that if a user expressed that they don't want to be tagged then their wishes should be respected.

• So say the question asker who tagged what 20 users!

• Fuck me GaG users are dense sometimes. Anything other than black and white large print with simple words seems beyond most if you.

• My my touchy today aren't we eh?

• I've had enough of explaining quite obvious things to people.

• No It's not rude at all, if you do not like it just ask whoever is doing it it stop

• So you think this kind of spamming is Ok? That self promotion is allowed on GaG in some ways, but not others?

• O no I do nat agree with spamming I think those should be reported