Anonymous problems?

Its march of 2016 and we still dont have the option to block anonymous people. Instead we got a new like button and notifications. This isn't any different from EA. I've seen similar questions to this multiple times. Someone even said that it can turn into harassment. I dont mind ano users since people have a right to privacy but at the same time we dont always need to report people especially over trivial things which is why we have the block option.

Most Helpful Guy

• you can block anonymous people from your question, but you can't block an anonymous poster permanently, because that would contradict anonymity altogether. if say one day, you try posting a comment on someone else's opinion, and you can't because it says you or them have been blocked, well now you that they were once an anonymous poster you blocked, thus making the anonymous feature pointless.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's so bad :/

What Guys Said 7

• You showed exactly how to deal with anonymous posters with this question:
    Do not allow people to post anonymously.
    People can either answer publicly, or they can answer privately, but you always know who answers.
    Most people will be willing to answer privately, because that is close enough to anonymous. By not allowing anonymous, you cut out very few legitimate commentors.
    I imagine the coding for trying to block an anonymous post, without it blocking ALL such posts, or without it allowing the blocker to find out what user account they blocked (which would violate anonymity) is rather hard.

• Do people not get it , if people could block anonymous , then if you are smart you can figure out some fallacies..
    What will it show in your block list? If it shows the name of the blocked person , then no point of the anonymous feature.
    If it doesn't show in the block list, you can possibly never EVER unblock the person again

• Don't have any problems me, I don't think it's considered harassment just don't respond and you won't give the trolls any b8.

• What if you block someone you are following that went anonymous?

It would give their identity away

• I dont know about how other people who complain about this feel but I dont see that as an issue, it would benefit us both.

• "Anonymous posts are not allowed". Problem solved no?

• If you want to block negative comments and want a safe space turn off your phone and computer

• didn't mention anything about negative comments since that comes with non ano users obviously. Might as well remove the whole block option and report option with that mindset smh.

• I get treated worse in real life you can't compare that to the internet. I dont see why you're making this into a big deal.

• If you live in a middle class home with asshole parents but I'm sorry I can't give it that to you but what you're doing is a big deal because many more want to censor the Internet

• I don't know why I use it.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not sure if this is what you mean but instead of stopping people from going anonymous, a user should have the option to hide all anonymous opinions and questions, that way they aren't bothered by them. But the anonymous user is still being granted their anonymity and only being answered by people who are okay with their being anonymous.