In a recent question: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/girlsaskguys/q1928980-do-you-think-it-s-rude-to-tag-other-people-in-a-question-description
It's been brought to my attention that a few people think tagging people to answer your questions should be considered spamming and thus removed.
I tag people for two reasons:
1. to guarentee people at least see my questions so they have an opportunity to answer them if they wish, Sometimes people don't see them in the live feed
2. I like lots of answers for my questions cause i like hearing different opinions for them
I do have a couple guidelines for tagging mainly:
1. I don't tag people i don't know on here well
2. If the person wishes not to be tagged anymore they just tell me once and i will no longer do so
3. most of the people i have tagged are ok with me doing it http://www.girlsaskguys.com/girlsaskguys/q1927084-do-you-care-if-i-mention-you-for-my-questions
So with that, how do you feel about me tagging you? you ok with it? should i stop? do you want me to tag you?
- I consider it spam and you should stopVote A
- I'm fine with you tagging meVote B
- I'd rather you send me a PM for the question instead of tagging meVote C
- I think something else (please say)Vote D
Most Helpful Girl
I explained on that person's question that I don't consider it spam because you're promoting your question more than yourself and you're totally allowed to do that on the site, it's like why the site offers the feature question option for XPER. So yeah, I don't think it's spamming and I wouldn't remove it unless you constantly posted updates tagging people multiple times on the same question. If I don't want to answer the question or don't have anything to add, I just ignore it, it's not like it's a big deal and for the others, I enjoy your tagging me because you ask questions I usually enjoy.
I'd only get annoyed with you doing it if we'd never spoken before or if I'd asked you to stop tagging me and you continued, or if it was a question that was specifically aimed for me or would have been better asking through a PM. But your questions don't fit any of those, so yeah, it's all good by me :)0
Most Helpful Guy
Tag away Breh!!
There's always going to be dumbfuks on gag that think anything other than socially autistic questions is considered spam.1