What do think of the new rules on GAG where they close a question?

and people can't add an opinion anymore?

I found that perhaps another reason the site made this rule was to avoid keeping a question so long here that int he long run people forgot it was posted and they dont answer anymore.
What the heck is that in order to post a new question you ahve to reach a certain level and now you can only reach 3 questions? I hate the new rules. I was trying to psot a new question and I could not because it came up with that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Horrible idea. It goes against the entire purpose of the site. They shouldn't close questions and they shouldn't disallow opinions. I really wish that they would stop trying to force their users to use the site the way that they want us to and just be happy that we use it at all.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't think it makes any sense and also 48 hrs is too little a time, at least they should wait for 7 days before closing the question.

• don't particularly like it and find it a bit annoying

• How can I reach Xpert level 7? Does anyone know? I can't post new questions anymore. The site says I have to reach that level in order to post new questions so now Im tied down as I can't post any questions at all in the Post section.

Now the onlky thing I can do is to reply other people questions but I can't post new questions on my own anymore.

• I mean but what do I have to do to reach taht level? DO i have to reply as much as I can to other peoples questions or what do I have to do?

• give your opinions. posts questions in the sections you can post.

• The statistical purpose was that by killing old questions, people are forced to answer only new questions.

Of course, "no opinions" questions are killed completely.

• That is what I said probably that was the reason to close questions that are not going to be answer for a long time but at least the site should give sometime for people to find the question not just 48 hours that is too little time. The site should give maybe 1 week or 2 weeks tuo to close an answer so they give people time to look for the question and answer it in aperiod of 2 weeks.

• like le why, so cereal

• Really don't like it especially when there is something helpful I can add.

• I think due to the overwhelming response to the site, they have to do something to reduce server space. So I think it comes down to just a matter of cleaning house.

• They need to get rid of this asap and let the people themselves decide if they want to close a question or not

• The stupidest "update" they could have come up with. I hope I don't eat my words later, though...

• It's definitely one of their least popular changes.

• I fucking hate it. worst update ever

• I hate it now I can't post any more questions as ihave to reach xpert level 7 to post more question or I have to select the MHO to post something. How can I post a question without reaching xpert level 7. This is really annoying,. I hate it

• ehm, what do you mean? if you have the maximum number of question open then you can't ask another one until you close another question. and how you ask questions in general you know, you asked this one...

• How can I close questions in what part of the site I can't do that then? I mean i want to ask a fresh new question but the site does not let me do it now

• they dont give you much time before its closed really.. quite annoying.

• I hate it

• I hatteeee it they need to fix it asap
    Of they did that and change the amount of questions we asked a day to at least 5 I'd be so happy

• hate it with a passion

• Go here and force your concerns abut it if you do not like it. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

What Girls Said 8

• Fucking stupid. I get why they feel it's necessary, I just think they should make it optional for us to have it closed. And I know they are just trying to encourage new opinions, I guess maybe they should include an incentive like +2xp if you answer a question that doesn't have an MH yet, +3xp if you're the first opinion. So like you still get one for answering a question with MH. But you get more if they don't have it selected yet.

That way, we can choose to have our questions open or closed, and it's still an incentive for users to answer questions without MH.

I sometimes get really (and still relevant) good advice months after the question had already been asked and MH selected.
    I find it counterintuitive of this site to put that much limitations on answers, when this is the whole point of this site. Lol this is literally why we joined! :x

@GirlsAskGuys
    @RedRain
    @Menguc
    @DiogoRibeiro
    @xHoneyxBeex
    @Tolga

• I understand it since maybe some people hate having a question open after having MHO put on their question. Since they don't want to look at it after picking it.

Though when the close it within 48hrs that's really annoying and I honestly hate that.

• This is the worst and bitchest feature, they put up. I thought gag was all about content and free speech.

• This is one of stupidest ideas they've had. Even if a most helpful opinion is selected people should still be able to offer their opinions, especially if they have something helpful to say. I even clicked that I didn't want to close my question in case someone wanted to add something but it did it anyway!

I'm probably going to start using the site less. This new change is going to bother me.

• It's the worst rule ever, they should change it.

• I don't like it because when i see a good question i want to add my opinion and then i see the question is closed and i'm like damn. Ill just take my two cents eleswhere.
    take care :)

• I like the rule because it allows other questions to be seen

when a user deletes their account the question is still able to get opinions which makes no sense because no one will be there to see the opinions

the closed question alert allows users to know that users can not respond

some questions do not have mho and if the user deleted their account

this prevents opinions from coming in because the system automatically selects mho anyways after 30 days even if the user is active or not

This prevents annoying notifications for question askers

• They are pimping all the hookers in gag