Does a gager waive their right to be offended when they post a how do I look?

If a big girl posts a picture asking about her figure in how do i look i'm well within my moral rights to call her a beached wale without being called an ahole, correct?

Does a gager waive their right to be offended when they post a how do i look?
"Amcuteinthisbikiniandglassesright? YASSSSSSSS" - beached whale

yep calling an enourmously fat person who posts a picture asking what body shape she is fat gets your comment reported and removed. Thanks GaG.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• Pretty much, yeah. A risk of putting things on the internet is that people will say things to you that they might not want to say to your face. You ask for criticism, you have to take it as it comes and it's not always gonna come nicely so you just gotta suck it up and deal.

• I agree with the fact that they deserve an honest opinion, especially because they are likely asking for "opinions" and not "lies to make me feel better." If they get offended when you tell them the truth, it's probably because they were searching for validation and not criticism/the truth. However, there are more polite ways to tell someone they're fat (which likely they are very aware of anyway) than calling them a "beached whale." There have been studies that prove the more negativity a person faces about something they are self conscious about, the less likely they are to change. So keep that in mind.

• Lmao... absolutely. Usually the "how do I look" threads are people fishing for compliments so I make sure I'm not everyone's "bait" feeding them only what they want to hear.

• yeah mostly is a lot of bait but you will sometimes see super huge ladies like am i cute in this? and i'm thinkin... NOOOOOOOO WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK THAT? But then I'm like is that it mean? But then i'm like well you posted it i shouldn't lie...

• No sense in lying but no sense in being a total douch. From what you describe, I don't think you're a total douch.

• I wouldn't. I would tell her that she is unhealthy using medical terms and tell her how to remedy it. The amount of weight she carries in the midsection puts her in the high risk zone for heart disease and diabetes. Her BMI is too high for her blood to circulate efficiently and the panniculus she has developed is sure to bring more health risks her way, particularly as the stomach muscles distend. But if you want to be like: "Damn, did you swallow Jonah once?" it seems less helpful, js.

• I think you should give an honest opinion in the nicest possible way.

Let's say they're super overweight with a bad haircut and acne.

I'd tell them they're in fact overweight, give advice about weight loss, offer up remedies I've heard about for acne, tell them about a different type of haircut that could flatter their face much better, and then I'd find at least one decent feature they possess and tell them to play it up. (E. g, you have pretty eyes this kind of eyeliner, you have a really great smile so smile more, whatever)

No need to be hurtful, but they don't exactly have the right to be angry if you tell them the truth.

• Sometimes its better to keep certain opinions to yourself or at least say things that won't intentionally hurt other peoples feelings. And if they are asking how do I look questions in search of random peoples approval, you already know their self esteem isn't all that great to begin with.

• You're trash lol

• so much... blubber...

• @missmc3 well I never said it was ok for them to be angry.

• I think if you're asking a how do I look question you should be open to and expect negative criticism.

• Mm I you really let yourself go there didn't ya big hoss? I usually don't reply to them people swear they're cute, so I just leave them alone. There is only a rare time when I see a gorgeous guy and I'll add to the ego inflation just because.

• I would say so. I get SO annoyed when girls/guys get all hurt and mad when someone tells them the truth. I mean you asked for opinions... That's what this site is for. Don't ask something you don't want to know the answer to... Simple.

• good question. I've no idea!

• They know how they look (majority of them anyway). They want compliments, but what they really need is for people to start being honest.

• if they are asking for my brutally honest opinion I just give it to them straight.

• It does get agitating when fat girls ask if their fat and then get offended when you say yes. What are you supposed to say?
    I was reading about how in Japan everyone will tell someone if they're looking chubby and nobody will think it's offensive. That's why they're all so skinny over there. Being politically correct is kind of bullshit.

• Thats actually not why, they have a totally different diet and fairly different lifestyles. But yes, I acknowledge your point

• @RachelBrigs This too, you're right. There are multiple reasons, the above is just one of the main ones. Also their food portions are smaller.

What Guys Said 14

• Calling her a beached whale is probably accurate but certainly crosses the line of personal insults. Calling her morbidly obese and unattractive would be equally accurate and less insulting.

Whether admin chooses to protect users from embarrassment is rather arbitrary. I responded to a how-do-I-look posted by a young lady, made complimentary comments, and then she changed her profile picture to that of a young man. I complained and Admin said the user had done nothing wrong! Go figure!

• It's all well and good to answer the question that you were asked but, sometimes it's nice to consider how some other people feel. You essentially mean the same thing when you say "yeah, you're obese. Consider losing weight" and "you're a beached wale" but one might hurt someone's feelings more than the other.

• Definitely not.
    Being offended is a natural response towards criticism, of course she can choose how she wants to deal with it in her own way.
    But there is also a distinction between telling the truth (that she's obese and doesn't look good), and being downright mean (telling her that she's beached whale).

• Yes if they are fat and they ask your opinion you have the moral obligation to not lie to them just to save their feelings.

• As long as you are tactful and not unnecessarily crude, rude, vulgar, or intentionally hurtful, I see no reason why you cannot share your honest opinion about someone's picture which they willingly posted. But beware, I suspect that many pictures posted in the How Do I Look category aren't actually pictures of the askers. So keep that in mind, too.

• finally, someone on this site gets it!

• Nah, I usually use this meme and get away with it.
    img.pandawhale.com/...ng-for-compliments-lj7r.jpeg

• You can call her whatever you want but so can other people call you an asshole. Don't dish out punishment if you can't take it.

• You can say whatever you want and she can reply back whatever she wants.

We will sit here and judge you based on what you write, however we want.

Guess, freedom of choice.

• ahahahahhaahhahah omg...
    dayum DAT GUT DOE.

• LMAO!

• Fat shaming for life!

• I think they do need to have honest opinions about them. But if the intention is to hurt them then no. But if you honestly believe they are fat then say so but advise them to excersize.

• i asked a how do i look question and one person said i looked ugly as shit
    it ruined my day honestly

• Well then you shouldn't have asked...

• don't ask it if you can't take it, son

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau
      I'm not even bad looking they were mad I postedctge link on their question