Will somebody know if u blocked them?

do they get a notification or like can they see that their opinion has been deleted

Most Helpful Guy

• They figure it out after trying to post on any of your non-anonymous questions, or your any of your opinions, or tries to upvote/downvote one of your opinions.

Or if they try to upvote your answer as an anonymous question asker. Because that doesn't work either if they're blocked.

Most Helpful Girl

• They can only tell if they try to answer any of your non-anonymous questions or opinions or if they try to upvote one of your posts. That's the only way to know.
    There is no such notification that can let you know when someone blocks you as far as I know.

What Guys Said 8

• No, I don't think there is any notification that will let them know that they are blocked, however they will no longer be able to reply to your questions and they can't comment for your opinions as well, they can't message you as well. for example you blocked someone then when the person tries to comment on your opinion or tries to message you for that matter , then there will be a pop up which will let the person know that you blocked them.

• Nope they will not.

• If you're anonymous they can still post on your questions, but you can't respond to their posts... At least that's how it use to be.

• No idea and don't care.

• They'll find out the next time they try and post on your question or opinion.

• I didn't get notified, and I know I've been blocked.

• oh god you blocked me didn't you :(

• They do not get a notification but they will know if they try to reply to you and can't. Also if you are on anon any person you have blocked can reply to you.

What Girls Said 3

• They don't get a notification saying "You've been blocked by X"
    They will not be able to post on your posts though.

Posts are only deleted after they've been flagged and then reviewed by an admin. Blocking someone doe not delete any posts.

• They won't receive a notification. However, they'll realize it if they try to comment on your opinion because they won't be able to submit a comment. The same goes with someone trying to message you that has been blocked.

• Only if they then try to comment on something that you've posted. It comes up in a red banner as "unable to post opinion! You have blocked the user or been blocked by the user!"