Do you still want the downvotes back?

I was actually quite indifferent back before. But now with current updates with the private opinions and all. I don't think it really matters any more.

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Indifferent.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Nope. In no way are they productive or add to the GaG community.

They mostly make it easy for negative trolls to be lazy and do their thing, IMHO. If you want to tell someone that you don't like their opinion, then tell them why, otherwise, what good does it do?

LOL @ the gender poll results so far.

• We were promised downvotes! So yes we demand to have them gosh dang it!

I want to know who hates me and my awesome ideas! :D

• I never wanted them back.

• I don't care for 'em, so eh... whatever.

• I'm kind of indifferent to the voting. With that said if you can upvote a question you should be able to dislike or downvote it also.

• Yes, maybe the tension will ease if it does. Plus i am curious as too how many people will down vote my opinions :)
    take care

• Yes, I really loved the part when people who just didn't like you would down vote everything you said out of spite, was pretty funny lol

• I don't want them back.

• I used to. But right now, I don't care anymore.

What Guys Said 14

• I do. not everyone replies to people, and so comments people really don't like, rather than getting some reply, or downvoted, are instead just reported for removal.

I know full well many of my comments would get down votes. I'm not happy about that. even when being a dick, my intent is VERY RARELY to offend people. But seeing that vote at least shows me some reaction to what I posted.

• I don't "want" the downvotes back, but pretty much every user wants it back, which will make them happy. All I want is to have happy people around me, so that they'd post good things here and help me directly or indirectly.

People still want it back but the difference is that G@G has introduced much more bitter things. It like curing the headache by hitting a hammer on the foot.

• I miss it a little bit, but compared to the closed questions, that is nothing.
    Opening questions must be a priority before anything else.

• Yes. I'm not going to debate it more for now because, to their credit, they said that they listened and have decided to bring it back (though I'm starting to get a bit impatient since that was awhile ago now).

• I wanted them back, but now I care more about removing the auto-closing on No Opinions questions.

• It would be nice I guess. Rarely downvote anyone unless their answer was insulting or something like that.

• Well yes, how else you want to reward really retarded opinions?

• Only cowards downvote. Real men comment their dissatisfaction and leave their address.

• I never cared about the downvotes, I don't miss them at all. but I want that they change the things from the last update back!

• Yes I do, but looks like this gif will haft to do in the meantime.
    cdn0.dailydot.com/.../downvote.gif

• I need them back so I can see how many people just love my snide comments!

• Yeah, I thought they were bringing it back...

• Downvotes are a good way of seeing which answers are controversial.

• Yes, chief I want it.