Who here likes the new notifications for GAG?

I personally HATE it because I feel like I'm being spammed about stuff I don't need to hear and it has NOTHING to do with me! How do you feel that it notifies you 1,000 times on things that likely have nothing to do with you?

• I love the new notifications system
  • I'm indifferent
  • I hate it!
  • Other (state below)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like them but for other reasons. you can deactivate all that crap in the settings, so that's no problem but they changed the way they are displayed which sucks.
    but compared to the other changes which came with that update this is the least problem

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind then because they are customizable. Just go to your "Settings" tab and scroll down. Choose what you do or do not want to see. :)

What Guys Said 14

• yea... they spam your shit, and half the time.. its just someone else posting on someone else's stuff... it blows

• Yes, I also keep getting so many notifications that are unnecessary. I don't see any logic in this new notification system, I think it's a part of new update

• I actually like the new system. I turned off the notifications I don't care about at all, and now I feel like the site is livelier than ever!

• glad to hear that :)

• @menguc you guys should really consider not closing "no opinions" questions, though. Maybe close them after like a month, because then people clearly didn't care. But 2 days of inactivity kills a lot of questions.

• Just turn off the ones you don't want. :)

• You can turn it off from settings / notifications and choose what you want to have and what you don't from their

• After fiddling around one morning.. and seeing the new way you can set what you want and do not want to see or be notified of.. I now have my account set up the way I like it and it has been working great.. to me a good job was done on it

• ... if you click on settings and scroll all the way to the bottom you can uncheck every type of notification by clicking in the box either checking or unchecking. Then press submit and you won't receive any more pointless notifications

• Change your goddam settings. Not that hard.

• It's basically the same if you just change settings.

• Just modify it under your account settings. I unchecked most of them.

• Doesn't it show notifiy you of the activities of people you follow?

• You can disable stuff you don't want to see.

• You can change it in your settings.

But you can't change the annoying "You've posted 20 answers. Don't you think you should go out and enjoy the sunshine?" ... when I finally get to xper 7, when it's supposedly said to finally stop, I'll never look at another message from an admin again

• I don't like it so much.

What Girls Said 5

• i don't feel like there's been any difference for me so I'm okay.

• It was annoying. But now since I turned the notifications off its fine.

• Some of it i like, some of it i hate. So it's 50/50 for me. It's cool that you can control the notifications in the settings.

• It does list too much unnecessary details.

• You do know the notifications can be turned off eh? Just go to your settings & click them off.