Would you like to have the ability to skip the "Preview" step when asking a question?

Would you like to have the ability to skip the We have been trying to keep an open line of communication between the GirlsAskGuys team and you, our community, so this is a good chance to make your voice heard before we make a change.

Right now, you need to preview a question before asking. We are considering making that step optional. You could still preview the question if you wanted, but would also have the option to publish it directly skipping that extra step.

What do you think?

• YES, give us the ability to skip the "Preview".
  • NO, keep the "Preview" step as a requirement.
We heard you guys and girls. Thank you! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the preview. It's a good way to look over things and make sure you didn't typo or leave anything out before submitting it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep the Preview as a requirement. Obviously it doesn't do much good for an awful lot of people whose questions are garbled, misspelled mush. But having it as a requirement probably helps clean up some of the mess.

What Girls Said 5

• noooo i need it lol! i usually make at least one mistake because I'm typing too fast 😂

• Why get rid of it? I would say make it a requirement. There are too many grammatical and spelling mistakes as it is.

• I think having it as a requirement is good. Like for me sometimes I don't proof read or my phone types in dumb shit... So I need to see it again. It's like a reminder that," hey this is your question.. Make sure it don't sound dumb!" So I like it.
    Take care

• I like the preview step because I can check to see if I need to edit some sentences. The preview step doesn't bother me at all.

• No keep the preview step

What Guys Said 11

• Honestly I've seen a lot of stupid typos in my preview sessions to know that it's quite a damn necessary step, as long as the GAG editor doesn't magically forget all content or something. Ah, the woes of using a web page instead of a native app... if only there was an Android app with proper state persistence across configuration changes and process deaths.

• there are so many other things which need to get fixed/reworked but instead we are talking about the next useless thing...

it's one click more or less, people who don't check their stuff won't do it with or without preview page. it doesn't matter at all. if you wanna make it optional just do it, adding that button takes about as much time as writing this question.

much more interesting would be the possibility to preview our opinions/comments (optionally).

• it seems extremely petty.. but whatever the masses want.

• No, in the absence of an edit function (hint, hint) after posting, the preview is one last chance to review the question and the only time to see the question as others will see it before distributing it to the masses. I often find one or more changes I need to make before submitting it. If you do decide to make it optional, make the default to show the preview, forcing the member to uncheck a box to bypass the preview.

• Yes, yes, yes I would love that, that or the ability to edit what we say once as I and many other people sometimes make mistakes when we are typing to fast and require the ability to edit or preview our opinions.

• I always find spelling and grammar mistakes, even after checking before the preview. The amount of mistakes would probably draw attention away from my actual question lol, or turn people off from answering.

I would imagine that, for a lot of people, they wouldn't be fully understood with their questions and MyTakes if the "preview" button was removed, so I think it would be a bad idea.

• I like it to see how it will look and maybe reread it again to make sure there are no dumb mistakes.

• Keep it that way. I make so many typos when I write questions or opinions, so its good to have to preview it first.

• That would be like asking for the murder weapon to finish G@G once and for all.

• OMG no, it's really helpful for catching mistakes.

• 0|1