Why are questions for the other gender hidden?

I think they introduced it with the last big update or the one before... it makes no sense. If a guy asks a question only for girls (or vice versa), don't you think other guys might be interested in the answers too? Additionally, people are more likely to ask the same questions again which makes it more repetitive...

Anyone feeling the same? I haven't seen this being discussed, I don't know if it's because people don't care (or like the change), or simply because they didn't notice... I only found it accidentally out myself.

• Agree, this is nonsense
  • I'm indifferent
  • Disagree, it's better this way
here is an example of what I mean. It's most obvious on sexual topics

http://i.imgur.com/xwQc4s7.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• It should be an option. We should be able to select whether we wanna see questions we can't answer or not. Some people find unanswerable questions annoying and irritating. Other would like to see the answer to know how the opposite sex feels.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi. As @xHoneyxBeex pointed out, this has been like that for some time now, ever since we introduced the ability to ask questions for specific genders.

But it's always good to hear from you guys. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

• Ehm, I'm sure that until a couple of weeks ago you could limit questions to a sleuth gender but see them all. I'm 100% sure because it happened often enough that I read questions only asked to girls and I was annoyed that I couldn't comment on them so I had to message people if I thought it's something important.

• Thanks, man. This is very helpful. Specially the notification issue. Are those really all related to the same reply? Is this recent or something older than a week?

• yes, they are on the same opinion (even if they were different ones it should show the picture of the person who mentioned me and not someone else).
      it's just one of many examples, I have the same with discussions from today.

the mentions on this one
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1935708-who-s-fault-is-it

resulted in this
      http://i.imgur.com/woaXI59.png

the same as with the other example. the last mention is in the middle and the only one with the correct picture and a quote

What Girls Said 8

• I couldn't see it it's too small however I'm sure I know what you're talking about.

It's one of two things. A while ago they allowed QAs to select whether they want males to answer females to answer or both.

If that's not what you're referring to then it's just a coincidence. Like I said before you can select a specific sex so I'm pretty sure the qa did that. But even whenbtgey do that people of any sex can view options they just can't leave an opinion, comment or upvote if you're not the sex the QA asked for. Now the reason why you can't view the opiniins is do to the fact that the QA also selected a new feature called Private that prevents anyone other than the QA and the option owner from seeing the opinion owners option and their comments.

• This is not a new update, it has been like this for quite some time. When we launched the ability to ask a question to girls only or guys only, many members stated that they did not like seeing questions that were only for the opposite gender. So that's why they are hidden. We appreciate your feedback though! As you said, I haven't seen many specific questions about this and it's good to hear the community's thoughts. :)

• okay thanks. if it's only based on community feedback then making it optional in settings would be a good idea because even small minority groups can be quite loud.
      there haven't been too many votes on this poll yet but you can see the tendency

• I think that's happened for a couple of months now. The opinion owner has the opportunity to allow a certain gender to comment on their question (not allowing the other gender to comment) I know it's weird. It's always good to get advice from both genders, regardless if is a guy topic, vice versa.. But I guess they just want a certain genders advice

• I know that you can limit the questions only to one gender, but until a couple of weeks ago you still saw those questions... now I can't see them anymore, that's what I don't like

• @AzureGirl I never really noticed 😐 Lol

• Haha okay! No worries :)

• What? I didn't even know that happened now. Weird.

• log out (or just open GAG in a private tab so you can directly compare) and you'll see that there are a bunch of questions you don't see. first I thought people blocked me but then I saw that they are only questions only for girls

• Yeah, you can see them because you're a mod :) When I became a mod, I could see both gender questions too, it's so that we can moderate and monitor the questions a little better, otherwise we'd probably all be really biased :P

• @fauchelevent ah, that makes sense, thanks! :)

• I don't like seeing questions I'm not Ble to answer. Waste of time.

• oh awesome, I didn't know they did this shitty crap.

• I disagree with the gender blocked questions. But if I can't answer it I would rather not see it.

• I noticed and it pisses me off honestly

• apparently it's how it meant to work from the beginning and seeing both might have been a bug... but yes I hate it and looking at the vote I'm not the only one. it make no sense at all

• 100 % ^^

What Guys Said 3

• I'm a super moderator (well, above that by one anyways) so I personally see those questions.

They barely get any answers and it's actually frustrating when you'd like to answer it and you can't.

Imagine closed questions where you'd like to answer. It's exactly like that, except it's not closed.

I hated that update, I still don't really like it.

• Dood this is the next tumblr shit. I once came to this site on a daily basis but now this shit is goin viral, and now imma switch to some English forums where my brain serves a better usage

• Yeah this is nonsense.
    By the way Hi... long time no see...