What makes you block people?

Is it something they have specifically done, such as hassle you, or because you don't like the cut of their jib?

On GAG, as opposed to IRL

Most Helpful Guy

• I block people who I find to be particularly stupid.
    Those who I cannot realistically imagine saying anything of value, be it now or in the future.

Most Helpful Girl

• If discussions iwth them go on forever, in largepart because they counter my replies by regurgitating what they believe to be true. Giving reasons that either are not in the least related or that have already been negated with my own approach, back and forth.
    I used to stand strongly against blocking because I'd think that meant that I was giving up or something but at this point, I can't stand how many people will stick to their guns despite their view having been completely disproven.
    So yeah, when that happens, BLOCKED.

What Guys Said 36

• Blocking people isn't a good thing, yes there is nothing wrong with blocking people but according to me that should be the last option. At least for me it's not a default option, as much as possible I try not to block people and so far in the last 9 months I have blocked only 1 person, so for me that's a last option. However if I am sure that person deserves to be blocked then I will not hesitate to block that person.

Yes, some people deserve to be blocked. I also have many reasons for which I can block people if I want too.

1. If they are outright judgmental towards me.

2. If they talk like as if they are "GOD" and they know everything.

3. They talk like as if they are giving me orders, and are of the advisory type. I mean I don't need advice if I have not asked for it but some people will just be advisory and will talk as they are giving orders and this is right, this is wrong and so on. I absolutely dislike such people and I will not hesitate to block them.

4. If the other person is not making any attempt to even try to understand me then I wouldn't want to keep contact with such a person.

5. If they are very immature.

These were some of the reasons. I have many more but these are the important ones.

• I have went an entire year without blocking a single person until recently. I have even made a list of people who blocked me and thought I'd never add anyone whom I would block.
    I used to think that blocking was for those who couldn't face reality and realize that not everyone would agree with their opinion - as is the case with most of the people on my list of people that have blocked me. But I recently realized had to do the blocking myself but not because I disagreed with them or they disagreed with me, but because they were a stalking troll that went to month old opinions and replied to them + they always messaged me. Damn shit.

• I don't really block people... thats a sign of weakness. i mean, i can understand if i was getting harassed or attacked unnecessarily and crap, then i'd just report them. but if its just someone with different opinions... im sticking to my guns. and that is usually what gets me blocked... i make one hell of an argument... you can ask @justbanANNAz i don't let up...
    crappy girl doesn't let up either... lol... she's amazing to argue with.

• i only do it for people who are disrespectful. i don't mind disagreements or conflict but i just refuse to converse with people who don't respect other people

• I don't block people ever - I let them continue to an extent that I can report them to the admin where they get taken seriously & GAG sends out warnings to them if not take their profile down 😜

• I block people who disagrees with me but cannot verbalize why and only resort to insults.
    I will sometimes block people for whom I commented on their opinion and instead of having a civil argumentation, reacted like if a hobo just licked their face. I block them only so I never make the mistake of talking to them again.

• If they keep attacking me because they disagreed with something. I try to settle things or just ignore them but it can get too annoying at some point.

• People saying stupid things.

• For me it is when people start insulting me and start trying to bully me.

• like if for some reason some dude brags about his stuff in a comment to my opinion, that´s an insta block for me. also mostly people that are not able to discuss things on a topical level but choose to attack me personally instead, cause they´re out of arguments.

• I actually don't tend to block people, or if I do it's only temporary. There are a lot of people here who block you just because they disagree with your views, though.

• I don't block people. Blocking people is for fascist cowards who want to shut down others' speech, especially on GaG. GaG is set up to best enable fascist abusers to talk shit about someone in a public area, then block them, leaving the slander up and the slandered no way to defend himself.

Personally, I think people should be ignored manually -- that is, when you see something you don't like, just get the fuck on with your life.

• mostly trolls and assholes... I have only 3 people blocked because I try to avoid doing that but sometimes they are begging for it... it would have been more but many of them deactivated, so they got removed from the list

• oh wait, you meant in real life? thought it's on GAG because it's in GAG community

• Just stupid bitches lol

• I only block people when they block me, in case they want to sneakily comment on something of mine and then block me again.

From what I can tell of the people who blocked me, usually they did it because I had an opposing opinion, I questioned their stance on a certain topic, or I pointed out their fallacy.

• The only people I have blocked since I have been back are two stiffs that 1) have no since of humor, and 2) blocked me for a simple joke and then continued to spam my answer in comments after they had blocked me for some reason. I just didn't want to continue receiving notifications from half wits.

• Haven't found anyone annoying enough that deserves the block hammer.
    Though, I would probably only block someone if they were to bother me on a constant basis.

• When I love them and can't get over them any other way.

When someone is a real asshole and it is my best interest to block the dickwad. They could be stalkers.

• When they become continually disrespectful or hostile, or when they engage in catfishing in PMs.

• I notice most people (girls especially) do it on this site when you embarrass them or demolish them in an argument and they have no valid response; so they say something like "fuck you" or "bye" to get the last word and then block you. Pathetic if you ask me.

• People who piss me off with their stupidity. There can be no platform of logic discussion with them so be f****d and blocked.

• So far I haven't blocked a single person. Though I have been bloced by at least 5 so far.

• never blocked any one

• Asking for money, laced drugs, cop callers, annoying or they never talk to me anyways and are just nozy

• I dont block at all.

• generally, it's hate speech or trolling.

• I never understood the aversion to blocking.

This is GAG. Throwaway entertainment and procrastination. I'll deal with difficult people in real life, at work, etc. This place? It's not worth wasting my entertainment minutes on shitty people.

• i don't

• I simply dislike them. Not much to it.

• I haven't had the need to do that.

• I haven't blocked anyone. No ones has been significant enough for me to care.

• More from Guys
    6

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• i block people who are just looking to stir up shit for no reason, make personal attacks, bombard me with notifications telling me they want sex or to pm me and those who are offensive and inconsiderate in their expression of views.

• Annoying/troll people get a block from me and people who are just assholes to me. No need to have that kinda negativity in my life!

• I block because of harassment.

• I do not usually like to Block and Sock, @KirstyW but sometimes They... Leave you no Choice with their own Voice.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I've only blocked one person and that was due to his behavior turning into harassment pretty much. I told him several times I was uncomfortable with what he was saying or asking as well before I felt it was necessary to block him.

• I don't usually block.. if I do.. that's probably because that person won't stop sending sexual msgs.. or he/she is plain annoying or stupid..

• @Paris13 lol.. no.. actually he blocked me.. 😅😂

• @ShayanMortazavi1 lol.. My comments in on the question (Never happened to me before) that cinderelli and I had commented on with this Someone's question were removed so I can only say that this person did us all a favor and millions of other Blocked GAGGERS. xxoo

• @ShayanMortazavi1 his bitchy / whiny comments were removed.. but well the question is still there and so does my opinion

• If they keep sending me dirty messages.

• When they've gone too far, I block. I don't need to see their negativity. I rarely block someone on here, so if I do it's because they went too far.

• It's very rare for me to block someone but when I do it's because its been well deserved. I first talk to them nicely and if they keep on then I block them.

• Usually because they annoy me. Afterwards, I feel cleansed.

• Surprisingly absolutely nothing... As much as cramp that I've dealt with in this site I've manage to look the other way. However with other people dealing with me not so much I've been blocked by many many people.

• Them not taking the hint. I don't utilize my block button often. I don't feel the need to block every person that I disagree with. Most of the people on my short blog on list for there for being overly creepy.

• if they're harassing me online by sending me too many messages and tagging me despite me telling them several times to stop and they refuse to listen. Then, I'll just temporarily block them

• I usually only block creepers or people that are just ass-holes in general lol

• If they are racist/ non respectful and don't want to shut up about they're in my block list.

• When they're being rude, offensive and shaming others.

• Annoying
    No use in my life
    If I've found out they've done something behind my back

• I don't block people, it's weak.

• Some people on here are just rude, creepy or they accuse you of catfishing which really annoys me.

• People :)

• Aggressive or asinine behavior.

• I don't care that much to actually end up blocking anyone.

• Hypocrites

• I just block them after a constant abusive message