Should the 48 hours rule be revoked entirely?

• Yes, Question asker should choose for themselves when to close
  • No, I like the new update
  • Other, please explain.
Shoutout to @DiogoRibeiro for believing in this "brilliant" idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it should be. What happens if your not here every day like some. All those closed questions suck.

Most Helpful Guy

• It should be closed when MHO is selected.

That means autoselection if the QA doesn't.

No closing if there is no MHO.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes! I would prefer to choose when I close my questions. I'd like to have them open at least a week at least.

• I like the new update personally because I hate getting a lot of notifications from new opinions on the same question every day but at the same time it might increase opinion hijacking which is really annoying

I think they should increase the days to 5 days

• I think it has been.

What Guys Said 8

• We're looking into data to evaluate if that number needs to change. It could be bumped as some other people suggested.

But as we've stated before, introducing closed questions had a clear goal that was achieved. The number of opinions per question is up, the number of opinions with no questions fell 49% and the time necessary to get the first opinion is also down 29%.

Thanks for the shoutout. :)

• And what about questions that fails to get any answer at all within 48 hours? One thoughtful opinion in 1 month tops 20 stupid opinions in 48 hours

• Our long term goal is to make GirlsAskGuys more useful for everyone.

We are following this and other questions with feedback very closely, but we're also looking into data and other signals to evaluate the decisions we made.

• From my perception, said "feedback" has been objectively negative so far. How does that fit with making GaG useful for everyone?

• Id be down with it being bumped to 72 hours but otherwise im not too bothered.

I think they are right that questions that haven't had any new posts for over 48 hours are unlikely to get any additional posts after that 48 hour period.

• you can choose if you want to close a question or not

• Then I choose for my question to stay open indefinitely, even though nobody posts anything and I already picked MHO

• Yes but in that case you cannot post more questions...

• Yes, it should be revoked.

• Yes it should, I agree man

• yes! yes! yes!
    it's so annoying...

• I like the new update

• YEEEEESSS I CANNOT STAND IT AT ALL!!!