Too many ads on here?

Is anyone else experiencing this when they're on this website using a computer?
It seems like a recent change or something but everytime I come on here using a computer all these annoying ads start coming up on my screan the worst are the ones that are videos that automatically play and scare the shit out of you because you didn't expect it.
Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I know what you're talking about its been happening to me a lot too especially the video ads its extremely annoying
    I'll be on here and scroll through the questions it gets to about 5 questions down and there's a video and once you scroll past it then goes to the right-hand corner of your screen and starts playing itself the only option you have is to cross it off everytime which gets very tiresome

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't even try going on this site through a computer anymore. Seriously, it slows my system down, I can't type, and as stated, the ads are terrible. Get it together please, GaG.

What Guys Said 12

• The only thing that's bothered me recently is it has been policy that ads will be suppressed if you post 20 opinions or more in a day. But the system seems to be broken, which surprise, surprise, began about the time as the last updates. Now, I experience no ads, then get a message saying I have posted 20 opinions and will be ad-free for the next 24 hours. Right after that message, the ads turn back on and stay on for for anywhere between 12-24 hours. It's almost like the rules have unintentionally been flipped.

• Hahahah awesome Hahaha, I just use adblock though, so it only bugs me on the mobile

• See if the same works on firefox.. And give the normal adblock a try

• @mikemx55 I'm getting close enough to level 7 where I won't have to worry about them anymore, so I'm not going to waste my time. It's only a minor annoyance.

• For the lower exp people commenting here, a thing you should know is that after exp level 7, you won't be seeing any adds anymore.

• Why do people under level 7 have to deal with constant ads though? I'm level 6 and for people who are just starting out on this website im sure they won't stay long if they're constantly have to click off ads that slows your computer down?

• That's for encouragement I would guess. Besides, the lower level you are, the faster the growth rates. I reached guru at 20'000 exp points and I need 50'000 to become a master. That's more twice as much as I have gotten so far. To get from level 6 to 7, you need to go from 2500 to 5000, twice the amount you have thus far BUT very little in comparison.

• UBlock Origin. Don't tell anyone I told you.

• Higher xper ill fix that.

• from level 7 or so you won't see ads anymore.
    or use an adblocker like adblock, ublock, or another one. but be aware that sites like this couldn't exist for free if everyone would block the ads, so leveling up quickly would be the better way

• google chrome adblock ;)

• Use firefox and the adblock plus add-on. Site looks MUCH better.

• I have blocker and I've never ever seen any add.

• google chrome adblock or answer 20 questions lmao

• It crashes my browser unless I have adblock on.

• Boy, if you think it's bad now just wait until GAG releases an app !

• Not me

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, those users under 7 Xper will see ads. However, you can install Adblock on your computer through your browser to hide those ads.

• I haven't seen any ads in a long time so I can't help you. Have you tried an ad blocker extension for your browser?

• Omg just get ad block plus

• Download ad blocker

• It's how GAG makes money. You didn't think this site was free did you?