Do you like the "closed questions" feature?

I just don't get it. What's the point of closing questions after only two days? That's an incredibly shirt amount of time to get answers for your questions...
What do you think about it? Do you like it?

• Yes
  • No
So far no one seems to like this feature lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's frustrating when GAG keeps closing our questions after only 2 days :O 90% of the time when I find a question that I want to answer, it's already closed. And I can't answer my friends' old questions anymore! :(

How about closing questions after 1 month, please? :-) GAG also auto selects MHOs for us after 1 month, right? So when GAG auto selects MHOs for us after 1 month, the questions could then be closed simultaneously :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's frustrating, just like how the "specific-gender-only" questions were frustrating as well.

It does force people to post "only on new questions", but it also kills no opinions questions (which kinda ruins the point of their statistical "decrease in no opinions questions".

• Well specific-gender only are quite understandable for that type of site, but closing questions that are still waiting for answers... That's stupid. And it goes against all the "do not repeat frequent questions" policy.

• I think they should have gone with the "mark as duplicate" policy that Stack Overflow has.

What Girls Said 6

• They've changed it so you that when you chose a MHO you decide if it gets closed then. If you don't close it it'll close 48 hours after the last activity on it. I just hate it that you can't ask another question until the last ones closed because it could take a week for that to happen.

• Yeah that's so annoying... You cannot post all your questions whenever you want...

• I wouldn't mind it so much if they extended the time frame. I'd like a question to be open at least a week. I normally forget or lose interest in my questions after that anyway.

• I hate it because I'm not here every day. Most times I only come on once a week & I miss all these questions that I can't answer.

• It's both good and bad. Questions should eventually be closed if inactive after let say 1-2 months but closing questions within 48 hrs (i think that's correct) is too short of a time span in my opinion.

• nope we all hate it

• I hate it! Just when people start replying and giving good answers, they close it! WHY?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes but I believe the time limit should be increased.

• literally the most stupid thing you can do to a site like this, i can not understand why they decided doing it.

• no I fucking hate it... the worst update ever -_-

• Agreed. It's too soon. I assume they close them to eventually delete them to make room for new ones but yes, way too soon.

• Then that just goes against the "do-not-repeat-a-question-that-has-already-been-posted" policy... And it's just nonsense...

• Technically it is 48 hours of no activity but I do feel it is too short.

• Nay it's stupid.