WHY DOES GAG KEEP CLOSING QUESTIONS?

I'd get it if the topic has already had a best opinion thing for both genders already, but sometimes the questions haven't even been answered and yet they're closed, I mean what if someone found it and actually had a good answer but NOPE they can't reply.
Sorry this was more of a rant but does anybody even know why GAG decided this would be a good idea?

2|0
8|7

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm waiting for the day when I type out a long, well-thought-out answer for 20 minutes, and attempt to submit it, only to find that the question was closed during those 20 minutes. Category 5 flip-out coming when that happens...
    i668.photobucket.com/.../KirkTantrum.gif

5|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah it's a stupid rule made up by GAG admin.

They never think to assume, the asker wants more time to keep the question opened but made it a time limit when the question closes but without any responses lol.. dumb move.

4|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• i don't know, but it's really annoying.

4|0
    0|0
  • I agree. Annoying. And in no time at all. I'm not sure exactly how long it's open but like 2 days only maybe? I assume they close them so eventually they'll be deleted from the site to make room for new ones. But it would be nice if they stayed open a little longer.

2|0
    0|0
  • Girls keep farting in them so they have to evacuate and quarantine the situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • they close it after 48 hours of inactivity.
    I hate it too... I hope they change it back

1|0
    0|0
  • i hate this too.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are dumb asf

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I don't like it either. I like getting multiple responses from people and now that's limited unless someone wants to put their opinion on a comment already there, which makes no sense.

5|0
    0|0
  • Another great unneeded update brought to you by GAG!
    Yes it is annoying isn't it especially if your not here everyday.

3|0
    0|0
  • They believe it will allow more questions to be answered. I get that. I just wish the questions wouldn't close so soon.

1|0
    0|0
  • They didn't think it through very well apparently.

4|0
    0|0
  • Because the people who run this website only care about advertising. Have you noticed the ads are everywhere? They run it like a newspaper. A newspaper always puts the headlines splat right on the front page. And it's always something that happened that day – new questions. Again this is a moneymaker for them they don't really care about the answers just the headlines just the advertising. Soon we'll see advertisements for laundry detergent

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't like the idea.

1|1
    0|0
  • I heard it was something to do with server space on their end.

0|0
    0|0