Are Girls on GaG really as clueless as they seem about guys intentions?

Seems like girls are shocked that guys on here primarily want to experience orgasms and

a) don't care about the girl's personality
b) don't really care about her looks as long as she's not fat or ugly
c) don't really feel responsible to consider her feelings so long as he's upfront about his intentions
d) don't need to like or even get along with the girl he's having sex with generally
e) will talk to a girl who's personality is a bit dull/lacklustre to him and laugh/have fun/get to know only and i mean only because she's cute to him in some way that sparks a sexual attraction.

I feel like it's been this way since the dawn of time. Why would GaG be different? Yes there are many counter examples especially on this site in particular but the greatest common denominator will always be "the pigs"

I get not liking them and even fighting them... but being shocked by their presense?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't surprise me at all that those kinds of dudes exist.

What shocks me is the women that are shocked by it. :D I figured most chicks think all men are just coming after them for some booty and don't care what desperate means they have to do to get it. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmz4KDE5z3I

Most Helpful Guy

• What actually shocks me is that women don't actually consider that there are actually other women who think the same about men. But to that extent, their presence shouldn't be as shocking. There are far worse people out there.

What Girls Said 10

• I always thought so... but as soon as I say this I get attacked by all of these GaG guys who see themselves exempt from this.
    Ridiculous.

P. S.
    Not saying ALL guys are like this, but the majority.

• No, I'm not surprised by any of that information you stated but then again, if you're really cynical, you already expect the worse.

• Because the Internet allows them to get away with behavior like this more than it does in real life. I'm not saying that I get shocked by this sort of behavior from some men on the Internet, just saying that the Internet allows people to spill there true intentions more.

• ... wait what?
    Are you saying that this view of men as wanting nothing but sex and stopping at nothing, even knowingly hurting a girl's feelings, to get it, is unwarranted is incorrect?

• no, but some girls on here seem so shocked when a guy is willing to hurt a girl's feelings and to me it should be pretty typical, no?

• i would argue that it makes the world go round for you especially.

see when you don't see sex as that big of a deal you'll do it with a lot of people. when you see sex as this cherished form of intimacy then you'll reserve it for someone you really care about so for you sex is the holy grail

• sex is important to me to have with someone who I've already developed feelings for, gotten to know really well and fully trust.

I obviously feel like sex is a big deal so would never feel like being a complete jerk to someone and justifying it by saying that 'at least you're getting some dick.'
      That sort of behaviour is best left in the animal kingdom.

• nothing here surprises me

• Yeah I find that behaviour shocking.

• Yeah I already knew that when I was in junior high school, which is WHY I never trusted most guys and still don't. Apparently that makes me "insecure" said by one dumb asshole!

• Yes, I am shocked. How can you not respect and care about a half of the world's population? Are you selective sociopaths? I really pity you that you have no greater goal in life other than sex.
    I hadn't known that there were so many shallow lowlifes until I started using the Internet.
    I'm glad I did, I'll be sure to stay away from such people.

• Nah, nothing really shocked me... just like, "oh yeah, this is what i thought in the first place."

• yeah always :/

• lol but you're 21...

• what about my age?

• you're too old to be that unaware you'd know that if you thought for a second instead of just parroting my question back to me

What Guys Said 5

• Obviously to set a question up as to suggesting ALL are like this isn't accurate. My opinion for MOST people on this site Guys or girls are a very socially awkward and fear the opposite sex. They may interact with them and have sexual relations however they are too afraid to communicate and to really get into that persons soul and heart. The questions that pop up on here year after year are just dumbfounding to me. Most GAG'ers and inexperienced and it shows through there answers questions and comments. I am on this site again after having accounts deleted for slamming all the scared little boys and girls because they are fearful to ask a person out or what are they thinking. I just sit back and shake my head because today's kids are just very socially awkward and act out in extreme ways because their fears and sensitivity's are all focused on being liked followed and shared. Real life people don't put more influence what we do on social media. All of that is fake.

I wish all of you will shut the phones off and computers and walk outside make friends and enjoy your day without the motive hurrying back to post what you so bravely did. I am glad you did what you did for yourself but nobody truly cares you to post about it. Same thing for opposite sex encounters. You will not find happiness if you do not spend time with others personally. So this is why you are all having issues with others intentions.

• Modern sexology and the psychology of attraction both disagree. Doesn't matter; social myths are rooted in social concepts.

• I can't disagree any further...

• Rofl at mad butthurt feminists in comments

• "Primarily" may be a contentious point. If you downplay that to 'often' or 'most are interested in and some primarily pursue' then i think it's a slam dunk.

Why are girls confused?

I think because of the big lie we tell kids growing up.

We tell them guys and girls are the same. And they believe it.

So if they dont' want sex without feeling 'trust' and respect at least, and some closeness they assume a guy wanting sex with them must like and respect and feel close to them.

If they consider personality important in a sex partner, they think guys must consider personality important in a sex partner.

If they'd only have casual sex with someone really hot, they think guys would only have casual sex with someone really hot.

Some finally get all this to sink in, and then believe what you've written, replacing 'primarily' with 'exclusively' and then they're depressed.

Or they got the message growing up that 'bad guys' are as you describe, but 'good guys' are entirely different.

And the reality is most guys have both impulses to some degree.