Should there be a limit to how many HDIL questions a user can ask?

I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but there are some users who ask nothing but HDIL questions (either because they're catfish or unhealthily obsessed with their appearance). Do you think that there should be a limit to the number of these questions a user can ask? For example only 10% of their total questions can be in the HDIL topic.

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure
I think it's interesting that the majority of the girls are in favour of limiting HDIL questions whereas the boys are against it.

Most Helpful Guy

• And also there should be a once per the entire lifetime of an account for boob/butt/penis size questions, and a once per account limit for "aren't all (insert race) (men/women) (indescribably gorgeous/hammered shit)" questions

• Someone make this man an admin!!!

• But like a good cup of noodles. Like real Japanese instant ramen or something. Not that Mr. Noodles bollocks.

• That my campaign promise to *you*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, if one is beautiful, that will never change, no matter how much attention one seeks.

If one is not attractive to everyone here, that will also never change.

10 overall for all of GaG here.

What Guys Said 14

• Problems I can see with that:
    --How would one enforce it? If it was a percentage, people wouldn't tag stuff as How Do I Look and questions could be all over the place.
    --Creating crappy questions to counteract how do I look. If it was 10%, then some people could ask really crappy "how many fingers do you have?" kind of pointless questions just for the sake of filling the counter.
    --Making duplicate accounts. As seen with abusers like golden-phi-ratio man, anonymity with duplicate accounts make it difficult to track the people down. If there was a limit, people could make duplicate accounts and keep spamming their question.

On a personal issue with it, I wouldn't like it myself. I don't ask/haven't asked any HDIL questions, but I like to know that I have the ability to without limits. Even if the limits are completely reasonable, I like the sense of freedom associated with it.

Nevertheless, I feel a better option is either reporting for spam or ignoring the person spamming HDIL questions. If everyone ignored the person and people they recognize as spammers, they would cease to ask the questions I believe.

• I don't think that can be truly enforced. They'll just post it as a Guy's Behavior question or something instead as an anonymous user, and no one will know if they're past their quota. The system could, but then they'll just make a second account through a proxy.

• I think that kind of question should just be removed. I really think that looks are meant to be judged in person. Besides getting an answer from hundreds of people on the I ternet isn't going to help you with anything in the real world. I find that good questions where people need help for real situations and real interactions, or self help are where the site should be going. Plus I think that they should list every question one time in the main feed, without putting every person who answered or left a comment on every question they answered. It should be one post per question for both the actual question and updates for questions. There is too much of the same thing being shown and it makes me feel like I see the same questions for days and days. And it should be questions from all categories.

• Indeed maybe 90% of the questions here are just for entertainment and ego boosting.

• no, but they should not be allowed to keep asking with the same picture, or no picture at all! change things up!

• I don't know how common it is for users to ask such questions repeatedly.
    It does happen but if it's frequent enough to require a limitation I doubt.
    A percentage is not a good idea either, if someone asks few questions the person would be able to ask 0.3 "how do I look questions" :o

• I think that's a great insight.
    9mfeo 4 president!!

• No just get rid of the closed questions and bring back limited questions and I'll be happy.

• I think you should get one, that's it. After that? Get over it.

• Yes, but im sure its hard to do /control it.

• one per month I mean how much can your appearance change in a month right?

• funnyasduck.net/.../...-case-emotion-movie-pics.jp
    How else will I find out if my nipples are hot?

• both types you mentioned would just make new accounts if they get limited in the number they can ask

• Probably, but then you can report them as duplicate accounts.

• you know, if that would work then much more sites would use it. but the vast majority of people has a dynamic IP, means they changes automatically from time time (most of the time even every 24hrs), which means you can't block people like that and because another person will get that IP again you might block other people you don't wanna block.
      You can also force an IP reset simply by restarting your router. And if you have a tiny bit of technical know how, then you know that you can simply use a proxy server or vpn connection to bypass it too. It's usually only a desperate last resort try to get rid of someone... and I don't see GAG doing that. Because they don't even actively go against proven catfishes, they don't even have an option when reporting people.

• sry for the terrible English lol... should reread BEFORE posting submit and not after that, lol

• I don't think it's a good idea to ruin it for all users over a select few.

• If one seeks validation outside of the self, one will always be insecure as it is impossible to please everyone.

• It annoys me SO MUCH.

• You're not the only one. The catfishes are the worst. They pick some random image off the internet and then ask to be rated... I don't know where the satisfaction comes from if they get a high rating..

• its the only place they can ask such question freely

• If people would find it annoying in real life, why would the Internet be any different?

• Dimmu Borgir bruh! \m/

What Girls Said 7

• Those questions once or twice from a user is fine. I don't mind. We all crave feedback. I am really tired of the same question about whatever they are obsessing about though. There is feedback from G@g friends and then there's attention-seeking, time wasting, and unhealthy ruminations. So I voted for the limit.

• I wouldn't mind it. I just don't know how it would be implemented.

• Yes! Those are so annoying!

• I think there should be like a limit for every month or something like that.

• Can't you just choose not to see those questions?

• Can't you filter those out?

• I can, but because people are stupid and can't tag their questions properly, I still see them.

• no, I don't think, people should be free to ask what they want and if it bother you just don't respond to their ask

• You agree to abide by certain rules when you join the website. Repeatedly asking questions about how you look can be considered spamming.

• I find such people tiresome.

• let them be and don't respond to them, it's what I do