Are You Like Your GaG user account?

Some say your social media accounts aren't you but who you want to become.

It's an alter ego that has to be maintained. Which forces you to write more or post more pictures, etc. because it makes, in a way, that person real.

As an experiment, I've asked a lot of very active users on here if they're like how they act on the site and they usually will say yes, but then when i talk to them on Skype or on the phone they are generally much different (usually more sweet/passive.) So, I'd love for people to be really honest even if they feel like it looks bad to have an alter ego. Feel free to use anon if you're really that worried.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who I am on GaG is not a lie in terms of it representing who I am. Everything I say here is true. Though you're right in saying that, in real life, I'm a lot more passive.

I really am a very sexual person, all that's true. I'd just never be half as open with people I know in person about details about my sexual activities and such. I'm generally someone who prefers to keep to myself unless we're really close so I guess that's where I differ from my 'GaG person'.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. I'm a warm nice goofy lovable person to everyone who is nice, an asshole to people I think are bad people, and a juggernaut to people that challenge me. I'm confident and comfortable with myself. I don't have much of a filter... I'm honest and sincere. I make people around me laugh on a regular basis, and they tell me things like "You're so bad" while they crack an evil smile. :D I tell a lot of inappropriate sardonic jokes... even in front of my own mother... All my "stories" I've told on here are real. All the physical shit I've said related to my body is real. I am pretty damn smart in real life as well. I don't post pictures of myself, but am pretty attractive... When I started on this site I was completely anonymous because I wanted no recognition. I tend to be reserved but confident in real life as well. People kept bitching that I wouldn't say what I was saying if I wasn't anonymous, so I switched to non anonymous and said all the same shit... Tis who I am... Anonymous isn't a mask for me.

What Girls Said 12

• Im pretty much who I am tbh... I may not be as open to strangers as I am here but to friends, definitely the same as I am on GaG. I can be a bit more rude in real life though. I also always get into discussions and few disagreeing arguments in real life so yeah, nothing that different to be fair.

• Haha, maybe? Im way sweeter and timid in person until I get to know you. Why? No idea. I also have a very soft voice and people usually ask me to speak up or repeat myself. *shrugs*

However, I am blunt like I am on here. If you ask me something, I'll give you an honest answer.

• Having an internet alter ego is overly done. I'm just as big a bag of dicks irl as I am on this site. Probably worse, because if people were to ask me irl the stuff they post up here then they could also see the super judgmental stare instead of trying to discern it through my words.

• Pretty much just like my profile... Except people get so taken aback because I look so young and sweet. xD

Hahah Oh, the irony!

• Shit my secrets out... now I need to move the bodies.

• In real life I am quiet but if you asked something I will be blunt just like how I am on here. So the only similarity is that I am blunt.

• I represent me when I'm here on GaG. I speak the truth, as i just generally want to help people.

I'll stick to my novels when writing about other lives.

• Very much accurate I think. @suitandtie could give you a less biased answer about me.

• I am very much like my persona on GAG.

• its a pretty accurate representation of me

• I am who I am no matter any circumstances, that being online/social media or in person. I guess it just doesn't bother me what people think or what image I need to make because the only image I care to make is who I am. I don't pretend nor do I try to show people something I'm not. Life's too short to worry about things like that or to be someone I'm not or to try create a different image

• I think I come across as too sweet on GaG , but in reality I'm far from it. I'm an exretmly assertive person. I am a genuinely compassionate , caring person but in reality I never allow anyone to take advantage of me or manipulate me. Which that doesn't come across on GaG. I don't pretend to be someone I'm less tolerent of ass-holes in real life than online.

What Guys Said 15

• My GaG account contains my philosopher personality, which is half of me so I'd say it does contain a part of me, but nothing I say is fake or acting. I'd indeed act like I do here in real life, but probably only during a deep conversation.

• kinda, i guess? i mean, i'm not paper white with a backpack on and surrounded by green on a black cliff. also, i generally believe in what i say on here, but i might say it in a different way. definitely not as blunt, but i'm definitely sarcastic and just as witty (probably wittier) in real life

• Well, I give a shitload of relationship advice on here.
    But in real life, I've never had a girlfriend, and nobody asks me for advice.

As for my avatar being the "old fashioned" one, that's actually representative of me.

• It's pretty accurate. I don't have the time or energy to create multiple personalities.

• Lol. You should see how many people's shit list I'm on for keeping it real. But its totally worth it.

• Im different in the way I dont get to discuss with people what I discuss with users here, I like giving advice and reading other people's opinions. However in real life I dont come across such personal topics that often.

• nope I`m more 3D
    my personality here is the same as in real life

• I'm definitely not an orange xD
    I'm a shy guy, that's the only difference.

• Im just as perverted and flirty in private as I am in the open.

• I don't know I like it or not, I just join here a while, So I have no answer!

• I'm different from my GAG persona. I'm really shy and quiet on here but I'm extroverted and outgoing in real life :)

• I would say anything I post on here to a person in real life. But some comments might come after a few beers! lol and I rarely post anon.

• The only difference between me on here and in real life is that I'm not as shy on here

• Ohhhhh I'm very much in real life like my alter ego here on GAG

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/Cletus.gif

:)

• I'm usually apathetic... apathetic in real life and apathetic here...