What's your excuse for going anonymous?

I get it, sometimes questions are too personal but why ask, "what's your favorite color?" anonymously?

So what's your excuse?

Do do you go anonymous often?

Most Helpful Guy

• I almost always post anonymously and will often close a question if the anonymous option is blocked. I am a private person and I don't appreciate someone wanting to take that option away from me - no answer for you if it means I have to be "public".

I want what I have to say to stand alone and be as helpful as possible without worrying whether it is consistent with other things I have said. What I say is personal and from the heart.

People get personal on GAG and sometimes insulting, I want to opt out of that. When I have gone un-anonymous I have been made to regret with abusive PMs by trollish GAGers.

Anonymity is a privilege that too many on here abuse to post trivial nonsense but it is also a useful tool to enable though of us that are more reserved to speak our minds and be honest.

I also don't have a favourite color, but I sometimes hate cyan.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your right hand doesn't need to know what your left hand is doing.

Aka not everyone has to know your business. And asking questions could lead to that.

What Guys Said 34

• 1|0
  • 4|0
  • I only go anonymous when I feel kind of uncomfortable with what I'm writing but still believe it would be helpful to the asker or whoever. Make sense?

• I just don't want people to know that it's me, that's excuse enough. However, I can count on my fingers the times that I went anonymous, can't even remember the last time.

• I don't have any excuse. I never go anonymous and there is no need for me to anonymous!

• I don't go anon

• Sometimes I do it to avoid being blocked. If I disagree a bit more than usual. I think I don't do it often enough and that's where I got all my haters.

• I go anonymous once or twice a year... some info has to be really personal before I'll hit the anon button.
    I think some user just want to be anon full time. A little bit exaggerated as far as I'm concerned :-(

• none. i never use anonymous and always i make a question i dont allow anonymous. i think doesn't make sense.. u dont have too put nothing personal on the profile and u just get the name u use here associate with the question. there is just people afraid of show themselfes like they really are.

• I have never posted anything anonymously!

• To be perverted.

Oh, shit! Cover blown! Abort mission!

• I do when it's a question about sex or about something personal and the asker is anonymous but if they're not anonymous I generally inbox them because I don't care about xper or anything like that I joined this site to help people as much as I can

• Lol I don't have one because I never do, my opinions are always out in the open.

• I go anon maybe 10% or less of the time, mostly if I find it too personal or if I think people will misinterpret my sense of humour.

• I have a reputation to keep up

And sensitive fuckers I don't wanna piss off

• I've never gone anon. My profile is private so I don't I don't need to go anon.

• I contradict myself a lot.

• I have never gone anonymous. I dont see the reason why anyone on Gag would need to

• i dont get that either.

i say whatever and dont go on anon

• I never go on Anon

• i dont understand.
    and why do lots of girls keep private profiles... if its a profile, GaG wants..

• Fun.

No.

• I personally think it's because the option is available for said people to do so.

• Haven't used it yet

• when it was a shity question maybe xD

• Just to mess with Ü

• ill go anonymous but then if im chosen as ba (most honest) ill come off anonymous

• Bringing unknown facts to world but one day I will show who I am and that day you will know the real fact.

• Because sometimes i need to be blue and sing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmF_2u-9nk

• Because I'm an insanely private person - both in the real world and online

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 19

• I only go anonymous when I go into too much detail about a situation I ask about.

Like typically I try to word the question as a general one, but pertaining to something I'm going through. And sometimes I find myself delving into personal details about it on someones opinion. And sometimes it may have to do with a gag user I know, so, while they'll probably pick up on it if they do see the question, it still makes me feel better to remove my face.

• I hardly go anonymous. I will sometimes retroactively when an opinion of mine blows up and gets crazy popular in a negative way. Sometimes I'll ask an off brand question anonymously.

• I don't go anon.

• Well besides personal things I sometimes go anonymous when I troll... You may or may not have just given me mh 😉

• I haven't gone anonymous since I first started using the site to be honest. When I did, it was because I was asking questions that were extremely personal, so I didn't want my username or photo attached to them.

• I normally don't go annon.

If I do it's because I'm asking something to personal that I rather not have others know. Which again is extremely rare.

• Because I'm a weak ass, wimpy ass bitch that's why lol. media.riffsy.com/.../raw

• I don't ever go anon.

• I don't go anon ever. Like this is me and I own this comment. Let the haters hate!

• I haven't gone anon in forever. Before it was mostly for sexual questions.

• I rarely go anon. If I do it's a subject of very personal or intimate details.

• I go anon when I want people to be brutally honest.
    I also do it to compare my anon answers with my non anon answers. 😀

• Only if it's anything embarrassing (the question cuzzz them creeeps are coming)
    But I hate it when people insult or say bitchy stuff to other people on here when they are anonymous

• i don't go on it lol. i'm not a =^.^=

• I don't go anon. I probably went anon like 10 times on my CommieDearest account.

• What is your excuse for NOT going anonymous?
    Exactly...
    See, my point is that I don't feel like I have to give an excuse to anyone why I prefer using that particular feature.

The option is there, so I use it.
    As to why I prefer it... multiple reasons.
    I have already explained them in other questions.

• Keeps people from being biased. Makes them take my questions/opinions at face value...

• best answer right here. ill prob get more replies if i was anon. i destroy people here with truth.

just too much bs on gag i can't help it

• Yes, I do

• I've gained followers after asking a sexual question before and whatever other questions I asked they would send me messages about my questions and make them sexual in any way they could.

I go anon 90% of the time

• This this this pretty much sum up what I wanna say. Just because we ask sexual questions they assume we're open to sexting with any strangers.

• @desidoll Yeah I had a lot of newer accounts that sent me messages just like the ones I blocked, some of them even said that they were back. It's definitely scary

• Omg they don't even feel ashamed to admit that they're the same person? Seriously these creeps really need to get laid in real.