What's your excuse for going anonymous?

I get it, sometimes questions are too personal but why ask, "what's your favorite color?" anonymously?

So what's your excuse?

Do do you go anonymous often?

1|0
20|35

Most Helpful Guy

• I almost always post anonymously and will often close a question if the anonymous option is blocked. I am a private person and I don't appreciate someone wanting to take that option away from me - no answer for you if it means I have to be "public".

I want what I have to say to stand alone and be as helpful as possible without worrying whether it is consistent with other things I have said. What I say is personal and from the heart.

People get personal on GAG and sometimes insulting, I want to opt out of that. When I have gone un-anonymous I have been made to regret with abusive PMs by trollish GAGers.

Anonymity is a privilege that too many on here abuse to post trivial nonsense but it is also a useful tool to enable though of us that are more reserved to speak our minds and be honest.

I also don't have a favourite color, but I sometimes hate cyan.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your right hand doesn't need to know what your left hand is doing.

Aka not everyone has to know your business. And asking questions could lead to that.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 34

• 1|0
    0|0
  • 4|0
    0|0
  • I only go anonymous when I feel kind of uncomfortable with what I'm writing but still believe it would be helpful to the asker or whoever. Make sense?

1|0
    0|0
  • I just don't want people to know that it's me, that's excuse enough. However, I can count on my fingers the times that I went anonymous, can't even remember the last time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any excuse. I never go anonymous and there is no need for me to anonymous!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go anon

1|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do it to avoid being blocked. If I disagree a bit more than usual. I think I don't do it often enough and that's where I got all my haters.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go anonymous once or twice a year... some info has to be really personal before I'll hit the anon button.
    I think some user just want to be anon full time. A little bit exaggerated as far as I'm concerned :-(

1|0
    0|0
  • none. i never use anonymous and always i make a question i dont allow anonymous. i think doesn't make sense.. u dont have too put nothing personal on the profile and u just get the name u use here associate with the question. there is just people afraid of show themselfes like they really are.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never posted anything anonymously!

1|0
    0|0
  • To be perverted.

Oh, shit! Cover blown! Abort mission!

1|0
    0|0
  • I do when it's a question about sex or about something personal and the asker is anonymous but if they're not anonymous I generally inbox them because I don't care about xper or anything like that I joined this site to help people as much as I can

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don't have one because I never do, my opinions are always out in the open.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go anon maybe 10% or less of the time, mostly if I find it too personal or if I think people will misinterpret my sense of humour.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a reputation to keep up

And sensitive fuckers I don't wanna piss off

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never gone anon. My profile is private so I don't I don't need to go anon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I contradict myself a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never gone anonymous. I dont see the reason why anyone on Gag would need to

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont get that either.

i say whatever and dont go on anon

1|0
    0|0
  • I never go on Anon

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont understand.
    and why do lots of girls keep private profiles... if its a profile, GaG wants..

1|0
    0|0
  • Fun.

No.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally think it's because the option is available for said people to do so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't used it yet

1|0
    0|0
  • when it was a shity question maybe xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Just to mess with Ü

1|0
    0|0
  • ill go anonymous but then if im chosen as ba (most honest) ill come off anonymous

1|0
    0|0
  • Bringing unknown facts to world but one day I will show who I am and that day you will know the real fact.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because sometimes i need to be blue and sing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmF_2u-9nk

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I'm an insanely private person - both in the real world and online

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• I only go anonymous when I go into too much detail about a situation I ask about.

Like typically I try to word the question as a general one, but pertaining to something I'm going through. And sometimes I find myself delving into personal details about it on someones opinion. And sometimes it may have to do with a gag user I know, so, while they'll probably pick up on it if they do see the question, it still makes me feel better to remove my face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hardly go anonymous. I will sometimes retroactively when an opinion of mine blows up and gets crazy popular in a negative way. Sometimes I'll ask an off brand question anonymously.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go anon.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well besides personal things I sometimes go anonymous when I troll... You may or may not have just given me mh 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't gone anonymous since I first started using the site to be honest. When I did, it was because I was asking questions that were extremely personal, so I didn't want my username or photo attached to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I normally don't go annon.

If I do it's because I'm asking something to personal that I rather not have others know. Which again is extremely rare.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm a weak ass, wimpy ass bitch that's why lol. media.riffsy.com/.../raw

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't ever go anon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go anon ever. Like this is me and I own this comment. Let the haters hate!

2|0
    0|0
  • I haven't gone anon in forever. Before it was mostly for sexual questions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely go anon. If I do it's a subject of very personal or intimate details.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go anon when I want people to be brutally honest.
    I also do it to compare my anon answers with my non anon answers. 😀

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's anything embarrassing (the question cuzzz them creeeps are coming)
    But I hate it when people insult or say bitchy stuff to other people on here when they are anonymous

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't go on it lol. i'm not a =^.^=

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go anon. I probably went anon like 10 times on my CommieDearest account.

1|0
    0|0
  • What is your excuse for NOT going anonymous?
    Exactly...
    See, my point is that I don't feel like I have to give an excuse to anyone why I prefer using that particular feature.

The option is there, so I use it.
    As to why I prefer it... multiple reasons.
    I have already explained them in other questions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Keeps people from being biased. Makes them take my questions/opinions at face value...

1|0
    0|0
    • best answer right here. ill prob get more replies if i was anon. i destroy people here with truth.

just too much bs on gag i can't help it

• Yes, I do

1|0
    0|0
  • I've gained followers after asking a sexual question before and whatever other questions I asked they would send me messages about my questions and make them sexual in any way they could.

I go anon 90% of the time

3|0
    0|0
    • This this this pretty much sum up what I wanna say. Just because we ask sexual questions they assume we're open to sexting with any strangers.

• Show All
    • @desidoll Yeah I had a lot of newer accounts that sent me messages just like the ones I blocked, some of them even said that they were back. It's definitely scary

• Omg they don't even feel ashamed to admit that they're the same person? Seriously these creeps really need to get laid in real.