Why do the adults on here act like anyone under 18 is stupid?

I understand not all of the adults act like that, but the majority see anything under 18 and go "oh look, I can disrespect them and discredit them based on their age" and in some cases, they're only about 3-5 years older than the person they're talking to, so it's even more of "I have a few extra years, so I am so high and mighty, bow down to me, child. You don't know anything, and I must always be right."

Anyone have an explanation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its pretty ironic really in many ways, but yeah I seen this everywhere. Its bad how these grown ass men and woman decide its okay to bully teenagers pretty much, cause yeah they are simply "young". Call them names for no good reason an so on. Age dosent define wisdom, I met many whos just 16yrs old but wiser than many 30yr olds.

Think all those adults have a pretty fragile ego anyway, bully metality. You have to put people down and urself above all others or easy targets like someone who is younger than you cause you are "older, bigger, better". Only way some can feel good about themselves, much like a bully. Its pretty pathetic really.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm i'm not sure I think because majority of the younger ones asking questions are really obvious questions at the time, I understand not everyone has the same knowledge as people but could be that.

• It's not even the questions, it's when we respond to an opinionated question (such as how nice guys finish last and that women are crazy bitches) and they respond similarly to "oh you don't know any better, I know for a fact that they are crazy"

• Oh I don't know I think because when in high school love is perceived not real that young, however I think it can be pretty real, whats the difference between having a boyfriend last year of high school and 1st year uni, there really isn't one.

What Guys Said 19

• It's not that we or they think y'all are stupid it's just when it comes to some subjects like owning a house, bills, divorce or types of stress that people your age generally don't have to deal with yet etc. You guys don't have the experience to be giving advice relating to things you don't know anything or have experience in or about.

And I'll be the first to admit that some people around your age do give some remarkably good advice in some things but generally don't have the experience to be giving advice in some subjects.

Time equals experience and life, which equals to life experience which equals to wisdom and knowledge.

• I'm not talking about that, I totally understand that. I'm talking about questions like "are all women crazy bitches" "are gays real" "do bisexual people exist" stupid questions people ask like that or even simple ones that everyone can answer.

I once answered one on sexuality where I was straight up told "you don't know that you're bisexual, you're too young" because clearly at 15 I can't work out who I want to fuck...

• It's legal here if you're within two years of the person

• No it's not if you are underage it's illegal and regardless its both sick and morally wrong.

• I have found the 18 to 24 age group is the worst and most immature on GAG.

• guess you are too mature to be on gag...

• @gigihadid It is not about me... It is good to have fun etc but people that insult others and bully are not fine.

• Because many of the users of this website sound uneducated and plain dumb. Today I some adult said that women are stupid for not voting for Trump, in fact he said that not voting for Trump proves that they are stupid. I had one guy tell me that physics proved that the soul existed because energy cannot be destroyed (implying he knows about conservation of energy). He then asserted that energy can be created (this goes against conservation of energy). I bet that GaG's average IQ / intelligence is pretty low.

• its simply the internet lol.

• Not sure!!

• I would totally answer your question but I don't really respect you because you're so young ;P

• Cause they're high and mighty.

• It's ageism stemming from insecurity.

• Maybe some think they need their egos worshipped by the young? That doesn't mean they really do. Those that talk disrespectful were never taught how to be respectful. It's as simple as that.

• It is because looking back, I was an idiot until I turned 22.

• Adults are very arrogant and have huge egos to fill. They'll make up excuses like saying that when they were your age they had issues and they feel like if they had issues at that age than you do to. Or blame it on one spicifc thing. But in actuality they're the immature ones.

• ''Young people think old people are stupid.
    Older people know young people are stupid.''

I found that in one of those chinese cookies LOL

• guessing they think "older = smarter" yet most of them don't realize that someone sneezing doesn't mean they want to fuck you

• Time means more experiences in general. Not always though some people go through a lot when they are young.

• lol, those kind of people must be very immature.

• Haha lol not all are but have some

• ^^^^The story of my older brother 😄

• No one is stupid or smart because of their age, it's fundamental mistake to think even a toddler is stupid.

What young people face is the problem of a lack of experience and the deeper problem of not even having enough experience to be able to perceive where they lack experience. As Donald Rumsfeld put it, it's a matter of "unknown unknowns". This can make their assurance on some topics seem comically presumptuous. Good-natured older people are patient with them because they can recall themselves at that age but not everyone is good-natured.

• I really hate it when a 19-20 does dat... I'd be like OK if it was a person in his/her 40s... but 19-20? Shit... it's not been like a century since ya were in his/her age...

I've seen many so-called adults actin' immature as well by da way...

What Girls Said 7

• I feel it bruh, but I've found amazing users who always treat me like an adult and that's the best compliment/treatment I can receive.

@redarrow thanks for your kind words :)

• I just stumbled across this and see you addressed a remark to redarrow. There is somebody who took that name and could be confuse easily with me without the "_", but he has not been on here in a LONGGGGG time. And I do not know what of mine you might be referring to.

• @Red_Arrow telling me I'm mature and stuff 😂

• Okay. But it was just the truth.

• Its a pride thing!

• Sometimes a few years is a hell of a difference. But being condescending is never right. The under 18's have very different experiences that can offer great insight.

• Superiority complex. That's all.

• Its true, lol adults on here act like a minor has never seen sexual stuff or violent stuff before it's weird

• Remember this question when you're over 18

• Honestly the majority of people on here who make me face palm are actually adults.