GAG Posts Asking How Someone Else Looks?

Is anyone one else bothered by posts asking for comments on how someone other than the poster looks, it just seems really strange and kind of creepy to me that people are asking others how strangers look.

Are they stalking them, or are asking about their partners, friends or relatives without their permission, or are they finding random photos online for unspecified reasons?

I get why people ask about themselves, but why ask for comments on strangers photos; am I the only one getting skeeved out by this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that a lot, it may seem creepy but it's mostly of models and celebrities. Why do i do it? Because 1.) i want to test out if beauty is subjective or objective or how many people agree that the person is very attractive because i've been called average looking my many people but i've also been called beautiful pretty and gorgeous by people too so i wanted to see if i was the only one that got mixed answers. 2.) i'm jealous of that person and my self esteem goes up if people call her ugly or okay looking. I know that sounds very low but it really does help me when i'm feeling shitty about myself. Though, i don't think i'd ever post. Pic of someone that isn't a famous model because that's just weird tbh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it's pretty fucked up to post pictures of other people without asking for their permission. On top of that, it's creepy as hell.

Why do they do it? Probably to use them as a benchmark to measure where they stand in comparison to those people.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm with you. It's only okay if the person has given you permission to post their images.

• yeah.. and especially most recently there have been a few guys posting pics of girls and then writing something in the question about their sexual escapades with said girl in pic - WITHOUT her knowledge or permission.

• I totally agree. It's so weird and often I feel uncomfortable answering clearly.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah its kinda weird, maybe they have a reason, maybe they're bored, but its whatevers.

• They probably want to compare themselves with them.

• That's what stalkers do, when they need motivation for the day to climb up that tree with binoculars and stake out their victims house. They need to know it's worth it. :D