Why does GaG close my questions after a few days?

I find it annoying because it prevents more people from seeing the question and so it reduces my chances to get a good answer :(
Is there a good reason why this happens?

Most Helpful Guy

• Questions are closed to force people to reply to new questions, essentially. It happens after 2 days of inactivity. Or picking MHO (optionally).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's due to one of the latest updates. Questions close after 48 hours of no new user activity. This is supposed to increase the number of questions answered overall since many were going unanswered.

• The question is: Does it work? Because if you close the ones who don't get answers... then they will never get answers... seems counter productive to me... sometimes those would show on the recomended...

Anyway, I also hate to receive MHO, when I was the only answer... it's not because I was helpfull, it's just because they are forced to choose mho to ask new questions... it's so stupid... because it's giving points to people without them deserving

• @mikemx55 No, I agree. That is one issue users have. I see the point behind it, but there are still questions going unanswered or getting one of two responses that aren't too helpful. Something needs to be done about that.

I'm with you on getting MHO in that case, too.

What Guys Said 6

• Just type bump into the little update box and send it that way a comment or activity has been put in and it won't close the question after 48 hours of inactivity.

• It's a part of the new update, if there is no reply for 2 days then the question gets closed.

• I absolutely hate this update as well, this was instilled about 2 weeks ago. I am usually objective and ok with most of the changes on GaG, but this automatic closing shit is fucking awful!

• I think it was a really bad change GAG made. I agree with you on this.

• My last question is still up and running and people post in it everyday even after I gave out MH

• they get closed after 48hrs of inactivity.

if you notice that there hasn't been any replies for a day or so, update the question so it gets pushed back in the feed... ideally during prime time. if someone sees it and replies the timer gets reset

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of questions don't recieve answers and the want to reduce the number of unanswered ones

• Inactivity.