Do you bother answering or reading the questions with long details?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a set of personal guidelines for questions on this site:
    1) If it's an anonymous poster who wrote a massive wall of text in the description then I'm not even bothering.
    2) If it's an visible user who wrote a massive wall of text, then I'll decide whether to bother based on the subject matter or if the first three sentences are good enough to entice me to read further.
    3) If it's someone I know who wrote a wall of text, I'm reading it all.

But if the description is still long but structured nicely, then the likelihood of me reading it will be based on them, again, being anonymous, visible or known.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes.
    It's often that it's pretty much all on the title and the details are just them ranting or giving a story I already predicted when I saw the title.

I only come across a question that actually is genuinely being asked because they have no idea what to do at least once a month. Most are just "I already know, I just want to brag" sort of thing. But I've read/heard from somewhere that sometimes people can't see what is right in front of them.

I have written a few questions on here in draft... but often when I read what I have written before submitting, I usually figure it out and end up just deleting it.
    I found I often have to have it written out for me to see the picture of my situations more clearly :)

What Guys Said 24

• I do, if it is readable.
    When people post brick'o'text, especially if it looks littered with terrible grammar and misspellings, I just decide I'm not going to try to sludge through it. Not worth the effort.
    If people can not go to the effort to make long questions or answers readable, I can't go through the effort of reading them.

• As @Mesonfielde said, If it is literally just one absolutely massive wall of text, Then no. If they have structured it well and put a paragraph every few lines or so then absolutely.

It just hurts my eyes reading a 2500 block of letters. I cannot underestimate the importance of paragraphs on this site, I even went through a phase where on big text questions i would literally just straight up be a prick and say ''Paragraphs please'' xD. Kinda douche of me looking back to be honest.

But, if its a topic im very interested in, Then yeah absolutely, But, Ill be fucked if im reading a block of letters about how 13 year old becky is confused if dylan reading her snapchat means he wants to go to starbucks afterschool or not xD.

• Naturally it depends entirely on the question. Most questions I don't feel qualified to answer because I'm too far removed in age from most everyone. I tend to answer questions that others don't know how to answer.

• It really depends what they are about. If it is a dumb question, but I can answer most of what I read, then I'm OK with that. If it's a question based on a story or series of events I read the whole thing. If it's one of those how do I look questions that go on forever I don't read anything at all

• Only if it has paragraphs.

• Sometimes I make exceptions though, if the question seems THAT interesting or important. And doesn't include a lot of real world names.

When they talk all about what Jake did with Jack and Zoey and Jock, I just can't keep track and fall to the next question.

• yeah, see, i gotta name 'em in mah head

• @redeyemindtricks I don't do that at all xD

• I just read the header and toss an answer at em. The rest usually only amounts to a lot of mumbling.

• Well, sometimes, yes and sometimes I don't. However I do like to answer in detail.

• Only if it's about something that interests me.

• Not really. I've noticed the longer the post the more likely they are a lenthy lies. Long post are generally trolls writing long stories thinking it will make them seem believable, or girls trying to disguise what's really going on because they think the guy will find out when they are anonymous on GaG... You have to talk to them fo a long ass time just to get the actual question out of them and they are more likely than not an asshole, thus are not worth the effort.

• Typically, if the question is JUST the bold part and NO details? I hit the back button. But, if it is 19 pages long, I also hit the back button

• It depends on the subject and the grammar used by the asker.

• sometimes, it depends on what it is about

• I enjoy reading questions that are posted with some punctuation and paragraphing.

• only if the girl asking is hot.

• Sometimes.

• Of course not.

• I read walls of words.

• Definitely not

• I wish more people would use paragraphs! I don't mind long details, but make it readable.

• Not really.

• Yes, in most cases it's kinda irritating.

• I don't answer... especially relationship ones... I find 'em boring...

If it's about a topic like music I'd read or write a whole damn essay...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I'll scan great walls of text to make sure they're not saying anything awful but I don't usually reply. It's like you know that if you answer you'll be stuck telling the person the same thing over and over and then they'll get angry and block you eventually. It's just useless.

• If it's a wall of text with no paragraph breaks, I normally don't bother with it. It's too overwhelming on the eyes.

• Yes, I do. Sometimes I skim through it and still get the concept and can answer the question thoughtfully.

• Depends on how long. Sometimes I do.

• Yes, but only if the title intrigues me in some way.

• Sometimes but where the poster has 0 opinions then I feel obligated and I step up to the task.

• Yes. I read it as long as I can understand what's trying to be said.

• people love telling a sad story here

• sometimes, if the question catches my attention and i feel intrigued

• Absoluety not.

• Yes, but only if it possess paragraphs and good grammar

• sometimes

• Sometimes and it also depends on the subject.

• I'll skim through it then answer.

• It depends on what's it about
    But there are times that I end up skipping, I can be lazy :(