Should I care about my MHO %?

I would like to be in the 20's but it is so hard not to troll some people's questions. They make it so easy... Do people who use this site actually care what my MHO % is? Thoughts?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe so
  • Catch a tiger by the toe
I beg. Someone vote catch a tiger by the toe and fulfill my childish aspirations.
Thank you to the someone who voted

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, I don't. Having a high MHO% doesn't always necessarily mean you are the best advice giver. I mean, it means that you probably give good advice, but there are people with low MHO% that give great advice.

• Wish I could indicate somehow whether or not I was even trying to give advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually care about mho not because I want it to be super high to impress people but because this was a site designed with the purpose of guys and girls helping each other understand each other. So to me a high mho tells me I'm doing my job and using this site the way it was intended. I have the entire internet to do be rude and dick around on. If I want to troll and be a jerk for no reason there's a multitude of other places on the Internet to do it. I think there's nothing wrong with trolling. I think it's just really pointless and unnecessary for me to subject people who genuinely are seeking out advice to my trolling behavior when there are hundreds of sites where trolling is not only tolerated but encouraged and even expected.

• Damn.. way to make a dude self conscious/

• Sorry man. I say how I feel. My intentions weren't to make you feel self conscious. But I mean I'm not gonna lie about my opinions just to make you feel better either.

What Girls Said 7

• It can be I suppose, but I voted catch a tiger by the toe, just because it made me giggle lol

• I think MHO is useful in understanding how popular on average someone is on this site - I usually look at it like, the higher it is, the nicer they probably are.

• Usually when conversing with someone I know on here, I am light-hearted and joking. So I seldom get MHO with those I know. It is with people I do not know that I put a strong effort in to give the most serious and helpful answers. So I do not find that MHO is based on popularity, though I do see it sometimes.

• I really don't think it's about popularity. I'm just a dick, and I'm still at 400 out of 1300. I'm just very thorough and verbose in the answers I give, along with--I presume--having solid problem solving logic. Or just logic, in general. I have no personal relationships, whatsoever and am actively antagonistic. Really don't think it's about popularity. A lot of people don't choose an MHO, at all, though.

• Not everyone who has a high MHO % is helpful.
    You shouldn't care about it. 😄
    Just have fun trolling people. 💁

• I mean, MHO% can help you determine who is more helpful sometimes, but it's not everything. I wouldn't worry about it.

• My % doesn't seem like it ever even moves.

• I'm feeling you on the trolling!

• No, it doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes I do care, and in fact, I pondered if I should answer this question or not.
    The very first reason that I care, is because the blue badge looks cool :D
    It's as simple as that :P
    But right after that, since the opinions are automatically ordered by mho%, the answers with most mho will always be read first by anyone who scrolls it, so, it will be seen by more people when the question already has many answers and you don't bother to read them all.
    People also may (unknowingly) have a different image of you. For instance, I tolerate better a troll with a high mho, than a troll with a low one.

Sometimes I also see questions where I just wanna post a stupid meme, or just point out a pun, etc.. and I don't always do it.. or when the question already has many answers, and I know no one will read mine anyways (I was wrong about this one time, and actually got mho after 40 answers already)

But yeah, since I'm right now on the verge of losing the blue badge, I do refrain from answering some questions that will bring nothing new to the community, unless my point of view is different than the ones already stated, otherwise I just limit myself to reply to existing opinions, of simply put a like on them.

• Well, to be honest getting an MHO is not in your hands, at least not directly, that really depends upon how the asker sees your opinion and how good or helpful it was to them. Hence you shouldn't really worry about MHO % , just post your best opinion that's all.

I never worry about these things, I just post whatever I believe is logically right.

• Very few people care. And I have the same problem- some questions are just too stupid to pass on mocking them.

• Once upon a time, there was only one MHO and then you'd see all these chicks get them for grabs. Its more like a popularity contest, most of them don't even have anything useful to offer.

• Depends if you care about the impact you're making with your answers... but it's the most important thing on this site.

• it doesn't matter, just have fun. Just because you have 20% MHO doesn't mean that you are more helpful than one with 10% or less than one with 30%. people who post less automatically have it much easier than people who answer pretty much every question. it's not very meaningful so you shouldn't give a fuck about it

• That's up to you. My goal isn't really to have a high MHO %. I mean, if I have one, great. But, my goal on here is to give answers as well as receive them. We all have questions from time to time, and that's the purpose of this site - to get them answered.

• It's one of the least important things in your life. Don't worry about it.

• the more you socialize on here, the less "MHO" you'll have.

most of the MHO i get is when i'm the sole male who offered an opinion. =D

• "Its so hard to not troll.."

I get you bro.

• Nah, mine sucks. It's at %9

• I don't care about it.

• Dude... lemme tell ya something...

Once I had an 100% MHO percentage... and now I have only 9%...

Well ya know how it happened? I was playin' it Mr. Nice and I was answerin' only forgotten questions widout answers... now I'm spekain' ma mind mostly... dat's why it was decreased to 9%...

So in other words... if ya wanna increase yer percentage... then DON'T BE yerself... ya won't enjoy GAG much by then though... trust me...