Let's see if we can make GaG notice what its community wants?

I despise the fact that questions close automatically.
I despise the fact that if I choose to not pick a MHO, one is picked randomly after 30 days.
I despise that if I want to keep my question open, I can try bumping it with updates, but that such updates do NOT count as activity to keep a question from closing, they just make the question more visable again.
I also despise that you can only update a question twice in a week, despite a question closing after 2 days of no activity.

Let's see if maybe, just maybe, we can get GaG to get a clue on this.

• I love the fact that questions close automatically with no input from the asker
  • I hate the fact that questions close automatically without asking me if I want them closed!
Only 20 answers so far, but things are rather one sided.

Taking note, GaG?
... of course not.
1 guy, and 1 girl, have voted A.
So, guesses! Do we think they were trolls, or do we think they are GaG staffers, blindly defending the site?

Either way, 28 to 2 so far? Pretty definitive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Idc that they choose MHO randomly after 30 days. I do care that I have to close questions in order to ask new ones. And I do care that my questions are closing after 48 hours of inactivity. I'm not a fan at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• MHO being autopicked by the system after 30 days is fine, I don't have much complaints about that, because you will have to control the decision to choose your MHO for 1 whole month.

As far as questions being closed automatically are concerned, yes even I dislike that to some extent, but then don't you think there should be some automatic system in place and plus this update can get you some replies if not many. However yes the time window by which the question closes atuomatically is too small. Just 2 days!!. I think it should be at least a week.

That will give you enough time to update your question and also enough time for other users to reply as well

What Girls Said 6

• I'm pretty sure most, if not all, users are not a fan of this feature. I don't mind so much that they are closing. I dislike the time frame given before they close, though. 48 hours is too short of an answering period in my opinion. I wanted to answer a question from two days ago (not old at all) and couldn't because of that. I'd like the questions to be open at least a week or so. I think it'd be reasonable to shut them down afterwards.

• I hate that they are doing this. It pisses me off so much! Some questions require me a little time to think about and now, I can't do that because they close before I can thoughtfully answer the question.

• Everyone hates that the questions close automatically

• I agree 100

• I miss the dislike button

What Guys Said 7

• I agree with your first, third and fourth fact... it bothers me too... but random MHO after 30 days is ok.

• I think it's weird how No Opinions questions are closed like that.

I think they should have just made it so that questions that are 30 days old and get an opinion on them don't appear on the feed.

• I agree. They also didn't bring back the dislike button.

• Well one can hope right lol.

• We had it that way before the changes.

• Hahahaha, good luck with that.

A mod (or admin or whoever) posted a silly question, which would have been taken down if a common user would have posted it, and gave an MHO to another staff member - just to increase that dudes MHO percentage.

When a topic was posted about it they took it down, after about 24 hours of being up

• Ooh a complaints page?
    - I hate that I get notified for automatically selected MHOs
    -I hate that in the notifications it writes out the opinion that has a new comment or whatever instead of the question it's on like it used to
    But the things I hate most are technical bugs:
    - If someone writes an opinion or a comment on my question while I am replying to another opinion, then when I submit my comment I still get the notification but any new opinions/comments aren't shown as new, so I have to read everything again to see what's new (exremely annoying! especially when the question/take gets loads of responses)
    - Can only hover over the notifications tab once per refresh to see if I have any new notifications