In this modern technological era we are living in, why doesn't G@G have an edit feature?

I'm sure this has been brought up before but hopefully by asking again, it can gain some traction. There have been several changes since I've been here and rumors of other changes. Admin, where do we stand with an edit feature?

• I would love an edit feature! I'm tired of adding corrected words in a follow up with the allmighty (*)
  • I never type too fast or make spelling mistakes of any nature so edit is irravillant to me
  • I don't know what the word irravillant means.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand why editing would not allowed after someone has responded to a question, opinion or reply, which could be used to set up those who reply by altering what they reply to. But it would be very helpful after the first input.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love one, but they don't have it because trolls like to ruin good things for everyone. The only way I can see around it is if you only have a time limit to edit it, or if it's possible for moderators and Admins to see the original post before it was edited. I used to belong to a community where it was possible to see the original post.

It's the same with the dislike button. I liked having it, but certain people ruined it.

What Guys Said 9

• Oh come on. It is not like it costs them money or highly skilled developers. It's not here for our own good. Editing posts will increase trolling.

Example: I say "FK you" and wait for 5 minutes to let you read it and then edit it to "Thank you"
    TROLLED!

And even if we set up time limit, it won't help the users who post long in-depth answere as it'd take more time.

Or even if we store the editing history for further reports, trolls will still find a way like :-
    "I have some special to say to you Asker"
    *Asker clicks the button 'history'*
    "There's nothing, go back LOL"
    TROLLED!!!

It doesn't hurt adding an asterisk. We all use it. And we all can understand.

Fun fact: If you write the word "irravillant" on Google only this question pops up.

• Yes, I think edit feature should be there even after a user has asked the question. It should be there at least for some time, say 30-45 minutes minimum.

• editing should be allowed for 1 minute after you post

• Maybe this feature doesn't exist so that no one can edit things say that they didn't write what they really wrote later on.

• Them Nazis want everything on record lol.

• Now that is a stupendous idea! :)

• Lol the group mods don't answer any of our questions regarding this, its quite sad.

• I wouldn't want an edit feature personally... I like it the way it is.

• And being able to comment in other people's posts anonymously... I'd kill for such a feature man...

What Girls Said 7

• I always write my questions and takes in Google Docs so I dont' have to worry about typos. I have two big reasons I hope GaG doesn't add an edit feature though:

Editing would mess with moderation

Not being able to edit posts helps people stay mindful. GaG is like real life that way. Once you say something, it's said forever.

• The complete lack of edits is my absolute favorite feature of this site.

If people could start going back and retroactively changing conversations, 1984 Ministry-of-Truth-style, this board would lose A LOT of its appeal for me.

I mean... I really really like the fact that there's actually a bit of verisimilitude, here. How it's like a real converstaion, in the sense that you can't "un-say" things.
    I like that a lot.

Typos don't make yr message any harder to understand, so, that's a non-complaint.

• Because they want to annoy everyone

• I mean, I would love to be able to edit my posts. However, the main reason there isn't such a feature in place already is because of trolling as @YourFutureEx described well.

• yes lets have an edit option

• Exactly. Typos are a b*tch

• Yes there should be an edit feature so people can edit and fix their spelling and grammar mistakes like how you spelled irrelevant wrong. Twice...