How to deal with getting blocked?

Does any one know how to contact moderators or such because I continue to run into people who will attack me giving me a long list of remarks directed at me and then block me before I have a chance to either correct them, defend myself or just generally respond back. Personally I think thats abusing the system in place, its one thing to simply block them and walk away but another to antagonize then block them. Its incredibly puerile. Does any one know how to deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• One of those things you just gotta let go lol.
    I posted a comment on a question a girl didn't like the answer to. She "told me off" in her view of it at least and immediately blocked me so I could not respond. For a moment, I was like "wtf" but that quickly changed to "seriously? Lol whatever I guess". It didn't matter, just as yours doesn't matter.

Really if you break down why it bothers you, it boils down to how it makes you look. You feel like in the public eye it may look like you backed down to their wit or they proved you wrong. When in reality, no one really gives a shit. It's just another comment and a scared little person couldn't handle your response to whatever they had to say. There's no value in that conversation anyways if they're the type of person to do that. You were spared time and energy invested in that person.

• I see your point. I don't think its entirely that but I can conceed that its probably a primary factor. Its just infuriating because its just so juvenile not to mention I am not a fan of censorship (plus I only find out after writing a long reply). But again, I see your point.

• Lol been there man. And there probably is more to it. But to me I think that's the main reason

What Girls Said 11

• There's no rhyme or reason to it, really. I hate when people block just to get in the last word - it happens to me too. If they want to be babies about it, it's not my problem. I don't think that's the way blocking is intended to be used here, but there's nothing preventing that from happening. But if they want to prevent you from contacting them or answering their posts, they are allowed to do so.

I've been blocked on here by some people simply because I'm a site moderator and they hate us, lol. It's stupid but there's nothing I can do about it.

You can contact the admins directly via the Contact Us link, and bring your concerns abput this to their attention.

• this is so relatable, i've had a girl reply rudely on an opinion then block me and post a question on whether people agreed my opinion was racist. i couldn't even defend myself!! good thing no one else saw it her way haha i just move on with my life. or whenever they post a question, i like all the opinions that are being mean to them haha #petty

• Well, if you truly believe that they are breaking site rules, you can see the list of moderators with the link below:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#184

Contact any of us through messages with a link to the question, opinion, or reply that is of concern. We'll try to help as best we can. Otherwise, you just need to accept the fact that you've been blocked and move on. Users block each other all the time for reasons big and small.

• Well as I stated its not the blocking its the fact that they make their comment (usually insulting or antagonistic) and THEN bock me that is begining to get frusturating. Why attack some one or their opinion and then block them so they cannot respond? its juvenile and not a very decent thing to do, it also happens fairly frequently.

• I do, I just don't know the criteria of which they view it as antagonistic.

• http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

Read up there on the reasons why posts are hid and examples of each.

• Maybe we need to start a support group!

• Yeah I don't have issues with getting blocked, I do have issue when they try and get the last word in (usually insulting) and then block you. Its so patheticly childish that its just really frustrating to deal with. Plus the whole blocking people purely because you disagree with them is just stupid and really self destructive (do people really want a world of yes men?)

• No. I love it when a man says no!. Very sexy!

• Don't know if I would say its sexy :D but I do think its very important that debate and discussion exists otherwise whats the point of having an opinion if nothing will ever alter it?

• That keeps happening to me. I don't post anything offensive, just something that disagrees with them and they block me. It annoys me if your debating with them and they block you so you can't counter. It's a pretty cheap way to win a debate. Also I would like to be informed of who has blocked me so I don't have to find out the hard way.

• I think I would only block someone if they harassed me via PM.

• Yeah thats usually why I am blocked I generally don't use offensive language or say anything bad (Though I tend to be a little less forgiving and genial when its the "I cheated and now my significant other is mad at me I don't understand why?" kinds of questiones.) It is almost always a debate where, like you said, they simply don't like what I said. I too would like to be informed of who blocked me because its annoying, I (as you may notice) tend to write long responses which end up frequently being for nothing because I discovered I was blocked.

• What kind of things are you saying. Where they do that to you?

• well this time it was about whether or not you should always believe the accuser in situations of alleged rape (she believed you should I stated that you should remain neutral until the evidence determines the truth of the matter). She disagreed with me and proceeded to continously make her claim (no issue their) until she started getting rude and condesending, then she did it again and blocked me giving me no recourse or defense. Previously one woman was asking for help but then stated she did not want comments from any one under twenty. I answered and then mentioned that just because they are younger doesn't mean they can't have valuable information so she should try hearing them out. I was told to, in her words "eat a dick" about fifteen times along with many many other profanities and insults and then blocked, again without any way for me to defend myself or have any sort of repraisel. As I said it happens frequently.

• I think 'eat a dick' counts as antagonistic so I would report rather than respond.

• @aliceinwonderland69 Well I usually try to deal with things without getting to that point however if they block me immediatley after a comment like that then yes I report it. I just find it sad that it comes to that.

• I'm not sure that us moderators would be able to deal with that :/

• Hmm, there's really no solution to that. I can see it from both sides. On one hand, if someone posts something really rude or antagonistic towards you, and then block you, that's pretty immature and annoying. But, if you're arguing with someone, and they keep posting when you're no longer interested in the discussion, I can understand blocking someone.
    Regardless, I'm not sure how you'd go about putting rules on who you can block. You just have to deal with it and move on.

• Report and block back. Report their account and post that they are bothering you on
    This issue has been said lots of times on gag and nothing can be done about it

• Well I can't block back, that goes against my principles. I don't believe in censorship nor the limiting of speech in any way. The idea of being surrounded by "yes men" is very unappealing. Plus censoring some one because of one disagreement seems stupid and would make me a hypocrit. But thanks anyway.

• Then ignore it and move on

• Sadly this is the nature of the Internet. Block and move on. Those people are usually miserable in life and they aren't worth replying to. 😉

• I just ignore it and move on to answer more questions

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, I do. Just ignore them. They are not doing themselves any favours.

My reasoning is that if they ask a question, you might be the only person in the world to have the right answer. They will never see it because they have blocked you. Rather shot themselves in both feet, I'd say. It's a sign of immaturity and childishness to block without having a darned good reason, like verbal abuse. Even then, it should only be a temporary measure until admin can deal with it properly.

• I just got blocked by @SexyStudent have no idea why. Guess some people can't take a joke. Kinda weird we were having an interesting conversation.
    I also recently found out that @BeeNee blocked me for some reason. It's a shame I wanted to respond to her myTake.

I doubt we'll ever know why people block us. Perhaps they're just weak.
    To quote @MaskedSanity
    "By blocking me you are admitting that you cannot handle being scrutinized for your poor actions and bestow victory upon me in our argument."

• Yeah I noticed that as well, I'll respond to something and find that the person blocked me, sometimes its people I haven't even spoken too (that I know of) its quite strange. It happens with considerable frequency. Like the quote pretty accurate apraisel as well.

• I honestly didn't want to block her but she messaged me and was stalking me everywhere so I had no choice.

• Yeah thats pretty bad.

• Well, you can try to contact an admin and discuss this issue but I don't think anything will be done about it, because using the block feature is a member's personal choice and so they can use it in any way they want and whenever they want. I believe that block feature should be used as a last option but for some people that is the only thing they know to do (they might have their reasons for that)

I think having the block button is indeed a good feature, because some people do deserve to get blocked ( I am not indicating anything towards you).

Hence you can only accept what has happened and just continue giving your opinions, comments. Thinking about why you got blocked will really not do anything. Not everyone will like you, so just learn to take that into your stride.

• Its not the block feature its the use of the block feature after posting your retort (usually a very offensive and antagonistic one) and then blocking. Thats different then simply blocking some one and being done with it. Its designed to insult the person and essentially get away with it with out any kind of repraisel. Its quite frustrating. Personally I think the block function is pointless in and of itself, people disagree in this world and one should be able to handle that, they could always get a moderator to ban the person if it gets out of hand, however again that is not really the issue its how its used not that its being used.

• Not much to be done about it unfortunately, I always thought blocking was kinda silly and should be kept to private messages only, but whatever.

• I just laugh to myself and chalk it up as a win, if they have to resort to such a dirty trick to make them think they won the argument than they really lost

• Celebrate. If they block you, they're not worth listening to anyway.

• lol they're cowards. i am super trigger happy with the block button but i don't retort first and if i do i make sure to simply explain the decision to block.

throwing stones and running away is a wuss move

• We must block the block feature!

• moderators and admins can't help you with that.

just ignore the idiots

• Eh there isn't much you can do

• Do not care

• Forget about it a move on perhaps? Who the fuck cares, it's just some anonymous on the internet.