Dear GaG, Could we please consider adding an optional filter in settings to filter out anonymous questions from our feed?

While considering things like do we or don't we bring back the down vote... can we PLEASE add this option for consideration?

Not everyone would use it. Not everyone cares. But adding this as a filter option would be useful as it relates to the shit clogging of the live feed for some of us. Probably over 80% of the questions that get reported everyday by other users for posting violations are anonymous. Trolls are usually anonymous.

If you enjoy those things, fine. No problem. You would simply not check the "filter out anonymous questions" button in your settings. If you did check the box, and GaG began to get boring for you, you could click the box again and have your feed re-filled with anonymous questions.

What do you say @GirlsAskGuys?

• I would LOVE to have this option! (it's just an option)
  • Meh, I could take it or leave it. I might or might not use it.
  • That's a bad idea. And here's why...
  • Piss off CheerGirl (for my hater's club) :)
If you voted "bad idea" please be helpful and take a sec to explain WHY you think so. Otherwise it's a bogus vote to skew the poll like a troll. That or you don't read very well. 😉

Thanks GaG team for considering it as a possible future option. Last bump.

Peace Y'all (haters and trolls too) ✌

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally like this idea. I'll discuss it with the rest of the team. ;)

• Thanks. I mean we already have similar filter options. For instance "only people I follow" - but that still doesn't filter out anonymous questions, since some people that I follow choose to reply to them ☺.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks for your feedback! We will take this idea into consideration. :)

What Guys Said 16

• I personally am hesitant towards it... I think I would be a "no" but not a strong no.

----

Here's why:
    I can see it being a double edged sword. Many of the questions that are from trolls and such are indeed anonymous. However, the sensitive questions (the questions that really need help and good answers) are often anonymous too.

People tend to be ashamed of sensitive situations and ask them anon, especially if they aren't an xper 1 or 2 and plan on sticking around GAG for awhile. (Sensitive questions include stuff like situations involving personal rape, heavy romantic problems, intense depression, and so forth)

Sensitive questions already recieve less answers than something lighthearted and such, so getting rid of anon may actually stop some of the few answers that do trickle into them.

• Well thanks for giving your reasons for a no vote. I hear what you're saying BUT...

I don't see how filtering would negatively change much for those anonymous posters. People would only use said filter the same way that they already use existing filters. And the majority of users would likely still choose to see ALL questions MOST of the time.

• You'd probably be correct in that not much would actually change, since most I'm sure would choose to see all answers anyway. That's why I gave a small no vs a big no lol

I was more so going along the lines of there being a change at all and whether or not I would see it as a positive or negative one.

• I would defiantly use this feature should it be added. I agree that it's trouble makers and trolls that usually use the Annon options to hide behind thus can't be blocked. How ever some users may simply be too embarrassed to ask a question under their user name for fear of ridicule or further bashing.

• Unless there is some considerable cost involved (unlikely,) what's the downside of making the site more user friendly?

• APPLAUSE!!!
    WELL PUT and finally someone that speaks up on this subject for ALL the correct reasons, as I have had... only to be droned out by the blasé masses. I feel such an attitude comes mainly from those that DON'T put much time/thought/effort into comments, thus they don't react to their efforts being trashed/trolled/stiffarmed/thoughtlessly dismissed

• Thanks. I don't post a lot of questions, but that's the very reason I always click "don't allow anonymous answers" when I do. You can still get trolled, but it cuts the numbers down by a bunch.

• sounds fine with me

• I have been praying since ages for the admins to enlist this option. Prayers haven't been answered till now. Is it cause I am an atheist?

• I'd love that but I highly doubt they would do that. This would be used especially from the more active users on here and would have as consequence that many anon questions get less replies, which they definitely don't want

• I thought of that too. You could be right, I just think it would sort itself out over a few weeks. People usually manage to eventually figure these things out.

• ... the more traffic (even if by trolls) = more ad $$$$ for GAG... we are just their sheep to be sheared

• no, because that would make too much sense

• I'm all for as much filters and customization as possible.

• Sure, but IDC either way :)

• U know I'd like to add a possibility of putting a character limit option to avoid the essay questions I have to read!

• I got no problems with it. It would definitely filter out garbage. Plus anonymous is really for people with no confidence where you talk to others who you won't interact with in real life.

• Its true that most of the questions from anons are trolls BUT
    Usually when people aren't anon
    They ask questions like
    "Who's your favorite singer"
    "Who likes pizza"
    The questions are typical and get asked once a week.
    45% of the time anon people are the ones who truly need help and are embarrassed to show themselves. Reading anon questions troll or not makes this website even better because you never know what you'll find.. And if you see a troll question simply skip it.. It takes 3 seconds to look and see if they're anon or not

Is rather gag be full of anon questions and keep me entertained / occupied
    Then no anon questions and get the same boring questions all day
    "How old are you"
    "How are you doing today"
    "How do you feel about donald trump"
    I'll pass

And also I hate when people complain about anon answers
    If you ask a how do I look question and want the truth but disable anon 9/10 you won't get the truth.

But shims don't lie..
    That's the reason they go anon
    To tell you the truth

• I hear what you're saying also... but again I still don't see how a filter OPTION - just like the existing filter options that we have, would negatively effect users like yourself.

You're going to leave your filters unchecked anyway, as that is entertaining for you.

But thank you for taking the time to explain your position.

• Totally...

• Bad idea. Anonymous questions are already at a disadvantage because the feed favors the activity of followed people. Some even filter for ONLY followed people. This change would significantly increase the number of No Opinions anonymous questions.

• I hear ya but they pop up in my feed all day long because people that i follow do actually answer anonymous questions now.

I'd just like the option. ✌

• Bad idea

What Girls Said 14

• sounds good to me! In addition to adding a separate topic for 'My dick is 9"... is that enough?' or similar questions. The sexual behaviour/health topics seem clogged with those questions adding nothing more than a medium for mostly trolls seeking self-validation...

• I thought they used to actually have somehing like that last year? I don't know

Like heather said I probably wouldn't use it because it'd be irresponsible but I can see how regular users would like it.

• Options are good. I'd probably turn it on and off depending on my time available. I don't mind reading some anons and offering advice. Even though we're all anon to some degree, maybe some feel more comfortable sharing in that manner. You're right though, SOOO many anons are just trolling time wasters, and while I'm getting better at detecting them, I still get tangled in their bs sometimes.

• I could take it or leave it really. As a moderator, though, I'm not sure if I'd use it since that would be decreasing the amount of questions I could potentially hide if need be. I definitely see your point, though.

• True, but you would A) still be able to see "reported posts" and B) you could click it on or off depending on what you feel like putting up with at the time. :)

• Oh, yeah, I get where you're coming from and I wouldn't mind the feature. :)

• I'd be cool with it, though I don't think that I'd use it.

• I would like a filter where I don't have to see any feminist rants, why can't I get laid questions, "women suck but I want a girlfriend" rants, how do I look questions, and any sexual questions. I blocked a few topics that include those questions but some still fall threw the cracks.

• I wouldn't use it, but I wouldn't really like it. I ask some questions under the anonymous feature about guys because I am extremely inexperienced. I've never been in a relationship, and some of the questions I ask I feel like people my age should already know. Some questions I just don't want associated with my username, and if a lot of people use that feature, my question will get ignored.

• Okay sound normal!

• I don't think it's a bad idea.

• I think it would be a good addition. I don't see how it can hurt. lol

• I'd be fine with that but I don't think I'd use it.

• I don't see why not. It would be just like filtering the feed by gender.

• It appears the majority agree with you on some sort of filter for the anons

• Sounds like a good idea.