Do you think the internet is a good to read people's inner thoughts?

People write horrible things on the internet but what i think is becoming more and more apparent is A LOT of people write horrible things on the internet. Good people write them bad people write them old people write them children write them.

Do you think the internet encourages negativity or do you think this really what people are thinking all along and that we have an anger/cruelty problem among the human race at least in people's thoughts if not their outward actions?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Actually the internet is the direct opposite; most people are more willing to disassociate themselves from their thoughts and emotions over the internet than anything.

Negativity is not the problem but the disassociation. I can hope you die in a fire (and I do) with the worst penalty being something getting deleted or this account being deactivated. In real life however, even if I disliked you, I would not feel as such towards you.

Because here you are nothing more than a block of words or random images. In real life you have dreams, hopes, aspirations, feelings, etc.

What Girls Said 3

• I think this highly depends on what websites you're on and their demographics.
    The people I follow on Twitter and Instagram for example rarely post negative stuff, like I really only see a depressing or angry post maybe once a week :p

• Yeaaaaah

• I think bad people go one the Internet to spread their hatred cos they are cowards.

What Guys Said 1

• People are a balancing act. They have to be capable of tender consideration and devotion under one set of circumstances and ferocity under another.

I think what you see is people 'exorcising their demons' the instincts for which they seldom get an outlet in real life but which evolution provides for emergencies. Kind of like checking the gauge on your fire extinguisher.

The problem is getting used to expressing negative or aggressive attitudes makes you more comfortable with them. We are largely creatures of habit.