Why are the gender colors pink and blue alternated when a question is asked (read description)?

I just noticed something. I think like GaG changed the question colors, ya know blue and pink. I'm a girl but when I asked a question my username and my question title were both in blue. It's supposed to be pink right? But then I noticed that the little chat box beside the 3 dots in the top right corner is the correct color for my gender. I am also seeing this on other questions so it isn't just me. I bet this question is gonna be in blue font but I'm not a boy! Did GaG change the question coloring/format? If so, why and can someone explain this to me?

Ok well now I understand why. I feel stupid. Ok so it's only for April Fools. Cool. I just found the answer to my question.

Most Helpful Guy

• April fools.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its only temporary for April fools day.

What Guys Said 4

• Because we're too accustomed to our gender conforming ways of associating blue with males and pink with females.

It's time for you to embrace the other end of the spectrum.

• I'm a girl for a day. Nice

• Be a man! Stop being such a mommas boy!

• LOL You are so beta..

What Girls Said 1

• I'll give you a hint.. what day is it?