Anyone else notice, (and annoyed), by the lack of grammar and spelling on G@G?

I'm not perfect either, but sometimes questions make me cringe.

I did not mean to come off like a grammer nazi. There are posts sometimes that are just really bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, a little. Especially the ones that are so far off I'm not even sure if I understand them or not - but most of that is due to a language barrier, so I forgive it. The odd time it is just atrocious and clear that the person should know better but was just too lazy or stupid to fix it and that kinda rubs me the wrong way too - mind I opt for a less-than-correct spelling and grammar scheme which better matches my flow of speech.

Most Helpful Guy

• Autocorrect gets many of them. And the small screen on the phones. I know that I sometimes manage to get an extra letter in and spellcheck does not let me know. And when typing fast I sometimes reverse a couple of letters. The thing I have the biggest problem with is my 's'. The key sometimes does not register, so although I hit is just fine, it does not show up.

But yes, some of the things on here are beyond atrocious. When it is a non-native speaker, I understand. But at times it looks like a nine year old trying to talk big about sexual experience. Pretty bad.

What Girls Said 30

• A lot of people use their phones to browse the site but mobile version of the site screws up autocorrect and spellcheck.

At least that's what I usually chalk it up to.

• lol no. I'm a literature geek and even i dont care when it comes to this place or any social community online.
    i've got all my uni papers and career to write perfectly, here I'm on strike :P

• I have. I miss the time when there actually used to be a spellcheck feature on this site.

Unless my memory is failing me, but I think they used to have one.

• I agree entirely. I know some is just a language barrier issue but Some is so bad I literally get a headache trying to decipher the horrific grammar. People take some time to learn to spell!

• Unless they're like... Absolutely butchering it, I don't care very much.

• I probably don't notice it, since I probably make mistakes myself lel
    Many of use speak English as our 2nd or 3rd language (like me) , so yeah, chances are we will have some mistakes here and there ^^

• It usually doesn't bother me, as I know that many users here are not native English speakers. I give them the benefit of the doubt, especially when their profile shows they are not from an English speaking country. However, I'm annoyed by some English speaking members here (from US or Canada or UK, etc) who consistently mix up your/you're, their/they're/there, where/wear, waist/waste, or any other homophones like that. It's always the same people.

• I know how you feel, but we need to understand that autocorrect is out there and English isn't everyone's native language.

• It's... the Internet. If I mock someone for spelling, etc. I'm typically joking and not at all serious and trying to correct them.

• A lot of users are ESL so I cut them some slack.

• Nah, I'm usually not too bothered by it.

• Sometimes, but I just let it go.

• no. who cares.

• not really. its not like people r tAlkiN lYk DiS. nobody does that anymore and most people on here make sense. just not everyone follows the punctuation rules. i dont always either though because this isn't some English essay its just an advice site.

• i only care about grammatical errors at work
    when it comes to GaG... meh
    as long as i get their point, don't care
    writing all lowercase here is also a stylistic thing for me

• No, I never get annoyed with other's spelling. I do get annoyed at myself though if I spell wrong.

• yes it's annoying but not everyone is a perfectionist when it comes to spelling. someone told me I make grammar mistakes 🙄 oh jee, I didn't realize I'm being graded.

• Auto correct on the phones. Or just pure laziness.

• I'm not perfect, so no. The only time I feel annoyed is when people spell lose wrong.

• I am guilty of this :/

• I never notice that, actually.

• I don't care 😒😒

• Yes a lot of grammar is really bad on here

• Are you a Grammar Nazi then?

• I think that people are like that all over the Internet.

• Not in the slightest.

• I'm with you on this one. If I see people butcher the language by using "meh, bruh, rekt" and so on I cringe. It's lazy and lowers my opinion of their intelligence.

• No, because I'm a 'foreigner' and my grammar isn't good actually, sometime I forget about it.

• i Donnut now what u r taking about most persons grammer n spell on here are good 4 exampele i m a Good spelerr

• Then if you are not perfect you really can't criticize at all.

• I may have a few mistakes. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about questions that go like this "i Donnut now what u r taking about most persons grammer n spell on here are good 4 exampele i m a Good spelerr." This is an exaggeration of course, but still..

• Chuckles*

What Guys Said 13

• Well, beg your pardon, G@G on phone is bound to have spelling errors, mostly 'cause of autocorrect. Or those who use autocorrect on their computers. Sometimes, these things change vocabulary. Its annoying to be honest but whenever I am on the computer, I almost never make mistakes.

• There is an option to report something for poor grammar (I absolutely LOVE that!). There should be one for spelling and word usage though.

• Eh, I don't mind. I can usually figure out what the writer is trying to say. I have corrected some users but it's no big deal to me.

• Yes. Sometimes though there's a good explanation though. There's a really bad lag sometimes on this site from the constant refreshing the page does so it can cause the spelling mistakes. I know I've responded to things and I'll read them after and I know I didn't make the mistakes at the time, but that lag made me make them lol. If I didn't check them over again it's easy to miss them.

• Even a not native speaker sees it.

• It's so easy nowadays to just use the spell checker that's in most browsers. I don't get why people don't. I think it's a result of texting too much and using short form to communicate which is resulting in the decline in the orthographic abilities of individuals.

• Me gets soooo maaad when styoopid peeple make silly miss takes on something as easy as Ingles. Tu no habla ingles? Fuck u then.

• U racist fggt

• @ConsultantIsBack " I still stay in TOUCH with him"
      sounds kinky.
      Tell him to not post his pics. G@G needs his faggotry.

• lol, he has fan girl (kinda stalkerish) that posts stuff about him

• I can get around grammar and spelling, but wall of text without any line breaks is annoying.

• Nah I don't care, even in prone to writing opinions with missing words and stuff lmao

• 14. No.

• My ipad does not do well with this site... I used to worry about it but not so much any more.

• Hehehe... who's usin' da worst grammar here?

Me of course...

• Why does it matter why are some people such assholes to people with bad grammar.

• I am mostly annoyed with misuse of words, or major spelling errors. The incorrect use of wear and where for example.