Do you say thank you when you receive MHO?

I always try to say thank you. I just do it to be kind, but I dunno if it really does anything for me. What about you guys?

• Yes, always.
  • Only when I know the person.
  • No, not at all.
  • I never received MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always do and indeed you also do... good idea :D

Most Helpful Girl

• After asking a question last year about if anyone cared when someone says thank you for mho. A LOT of people said they would like it if people did that, so honestly that's the only reason why I do it. Other wise saying thank you feels awkward as hell for me to say.

Though I will not thank anyone if it shows the question was asked 30 days ago.

What Guys Said 21

• Yes. Only if the asker selects it, not the automatic system. I thank the asker for selecting my opinion as MHO because
    ●It's kind and the right etiquette
    ●It shows good manners
    ●There are so many users who give MHOs to users only because answerer is good looking, friend or just because they validated their mindset. In those scenarios, they valued my honest opinion.
    ●They took time to give me appreciation and it really does not hurt in bidding thanks to someone. Some people think it should be the asker who should be grateful. Is that your mentality? Does saying "thanks" make you a smaller person?
    You know what?
    "The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say 'thank you'. In between the two, the leader must become a servant and a debtor"
    Now, THAT'S the difference between people like me and other common users. We are leaders 8)

• I used to. I still do all the time when the question is less than 30 days old. When it is 30 days old I still did it, but then I actually received a message telling me that they did not pick me, it was the program. Like, I was being nice, why say that? Anyway, I still thank most of MHO picks.

• I try to, always. Sometimes it might be that GAG itself has awarded MHO, especially after 30 days have gone by, but it's still worth saying thank you. Only takes a few seconds.

• No, but I feel thankful.

• Of course, it's a polite thing to do.

• Yes every single time. You never give me MH

• Isn't it the asker receiving the helpful answer who should thank?

• It annoys me so much when someone just comments to say that you. I'd say " thank you for the damn useless notification "

• Just about. I admit I sometimes just don't bother, being in a bad mood or simply busy as I get it, but I like to when I can.
    Make this MHO, and I'll give you an example. 😉 lol

• I try to always say TY if I'm not lazy lelel... i don't if it's the automatic MHO.

• Always. It's only polite, anyway :)

• yes I always thank

• For the most part I do.

• Yes, I do - at least I try to.

• Every single time.

• I turned that notification off.

• Always. It's only polite, anyway

• No, I think it's quite annoying when you see a notification and click it and it's just saying thanks for mho

• No never ever.

• I never

• Always...

What Girls Said 21

• Yeah I always do... But you use to tell you when your opinion was randomly selected by he site. Now how do you know if the QA chose your opinion or if it's just the site?

• I try to do so unless it's just randomly selected, which I usually determine if I'm picked after 30 days or something.

• I do unless it's the computer chosen one. It doesn't matter to me if people thank me or not.

• Always, It just seems to be an automatic response for me to thank people for the MHO. I would feel rude if i didn't

• Yes, always! Unless the question is 30 days old because then it's most likely that GAG chose my opinion as MHO 🙃

• No. I don't see why I would have to thank someone who's thanking me for giving the advice they needed. "Thank you for thanking me"? Just sounds weird, kind of pointless.

• No. Most likely they didn't pick mine because it's helpful or anything, they probably just needed to pick something so they can get their point. Also I don't like when people do that with my MHO appointments so, do unto others.

• Yes, I usually do. I have missed a few times, but I try to remember to do it every time. I think it is just polite. I don't mind if other people do not do it, though.

• Yes, most times.

• When I get the MHO before the first 30 days yes, I usually say thank you. If it's after that time I probably won't, because it was the system.

• Yes I do. Unless it's an automated MHO

• Hasn't your mother ever taught you good manners? xD

• Most times I do unless it's over a month old then it's an auto select.

• Pretty much never xD I suck haha

• A lot of times I do but sometimes I forget :(

• I usually do but forget sometimes

• do we have to? I don't.

• Yep.

• I always try to but sometimes I'm too lazy 😐

• I used to but every time I do anymore I never get a you're welcome

• Wouldn't it make more sense for the question asker to say thank you?

• Yeah, I don't answer questions with the goal of getting MHO. I just enjoy sharing my personal thoughts. When I do get it, I just think "cool, I'm glad my response was appreciated."