Should G@G let users redeem points, so they can change their username?

Though before you could redeem points and change the name. You would have to send an email to the Admins to have it approved, then once they do approve it. They will change your username for you and take how ever amount of exp points it would take to redeem.

This is something I have to do with his online game I played. Had to buy an item to let me even change my name, write what name I want to change it too on what I had just bought, and then mail it to the GM's of the game to be approved.

• Yes
  • No
I'll assume the amount of points you would need to redeem this kind of thing. Would be from 7,000 or higher.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the issue came ever since the tagging system was introduced. It led to some confusion between members.

If they had a way to make previous tags and accidental tags to the original name still link/notify the new named member, I'd be down for it. That way some members wouldn't be stuck with regrettable names. I know that is pretty much why @I_am_repulsive left. He didn't like his name (understandable), but he wasn't allowed to change it.

I think that changing a name should cost quite a bit of xper, but I would be down for it if the technical aspects of it with the tagging system still worked.

• They seriously need to permanently delete accounts that have been deactivated. It's extremely stupid to keep them around when that person did that 2 years ago.

Not sure how easy it would be to have it set with the website to tell you, "you can not tag this user for they do not exist anymore." That or the tag doesn't light up at all because they don't exist anymore.

• Yeaaah, I think that's the fault of the search bar just being completely awful xD

• Who ever works on this website, just seems to suck at making it work well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try like 10k or higher. But as long as its not taking the place of another redeemable *cough* then its a good idea. Maybe make it so you can only do it once a year or something.

What Guys Said 13

• you were able to change you name before but they deactivated the system when they introduced tagging.
    if people would change their name it would make problems with the tags, but there are easy solutions to fix those...

but even then I think it would be a good idea to have to redeem points so people don't switch their name all the time. or have a different limitation, like 1 change every 3 months

• @Mentions would break retroactively unless every post ever mentioning the person is changed, and I doubt they want to code that.

• People who deactivate their accounts and make new ones, still have their old ones that can be tagged. Like when you try to tag the asker or annonymousasker.

• Yes, and that's actually quite a silly thing that that still works.

• Who ever codes this website is a lazy ass bum. :D

• good idea! on deviantart there's this little word bubble that sits above somene's name n their profile's homepage that says "formerly so-and-so." We should do that here.

• Yes! This is a great idea! I'm dying to get my name changed!!!

• I never used GAG for points. However now that you mentioned it, I could have done this as my last account had over 25,000 pts.

• I had just noticed about the gift card thing. I thought you would lose a level and overall points if you used any points. Then last night I found out that's not the case, now i have 25k just like you to spend. :D

• Hey.. I was kidding.. I hope you don't mind.

• It's cool. :)

• Alright but I am keeping my bomb af username

• Why would you want to?

• Some people regret the usernames they have picked.

• True, though that could cause some confusion... But I guess not for long enough to make the decision bad.

• I don't think name changes are allowed anymore.

• They aren't, which is why I'm asking if people wish they would do this.

• Yes, that would be a good thing, but don't you think there is a chance people will start using that continuously change their names and plus constant name changing can confuse other users as well, and those that they might be messaging with.

Don't you think?

• No..

• I chose B, not saying its a bad idea but I'm pretty sure a lot of people will probably abuse it if they allow it to do it more than once.

I remember I had mines change 4 years ago. I was under "casanorba187" and I thought it sounded like a typical type of s/n so I send the administrators a p/m and they accepted my request

• Not sure how much exp points gag would ever set for that, I assume it probably would be around 7,000 points or higher.

• Well if I had your username I'd sure wish this happened

• I'd rather cancel ma account and start a new one... AFTER redeemin' all ma points... done it already before as well...

It'd be a waste to spend like 10000 for a username change... better start again...

• nah idc

What Girls Said 11

• Sure, I'd be up for that. I really don't want to change my username, but I know of users that would like that feature. They thought they'd be on here for a short time, but liked the place and want to stay. However, they hate their usernames and would like to change them if possible. I know the issue with the mention/tagging feature, though, so they would have to figure out how to fix that before implementing such a system.

• I think you should be able to change your username but just have it cost a lot, like even more than gift vouchers so people only do it once if they really want to.

• That would be really nice if that feature was brought into action

• I would be down for that.

• Sounds like it could get confusing.

• depends on the price. you were able to change your nick before

• I would make it even more expensive than a gift card... so people only do it if they are really bothered by there name.

• That would be pretty cool. But just as a one time thing.

• That sounds like an awesome idea!

• Yes I do think they should have this

• It sounds really cool

• Sounds like a good idea.

• What benefit will that have?

• Some people regret the username that they picked. So they end up having to deactivate their account and create a whole new one. Which leaves a lot of deactivated accounts that can still be tagged.

• From older users, they have said in the past you could but now you can't.

• Ah, so they did change it I see. That sucks.