Does anyone else think its WRONG to ask people to rate someone ELSES pic on GAG?

I feel its wrong especially if they weren't given explicit permission for them to do that.

I mean why do they do it anyways?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is. Like at one point there was a girl asking HDIL questions about some girls who were like 10. Not only should children that young not have their pictures on the internet, they shouldn't be being forced to deal with all the ideas and complications of feeling people may not like the way you look. That's just not right to do to children.

As far as adults who aren't public figures if they're not you just don't post their picture. We don't know that they've actually given you consent to post their pictures. All we know is that there's some creeper posting other people's pictures. That's not cool XD

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it's actually wrong if the person who is asking to rate their picture hasn't asked their consent before posting such questions.

• 50% of the time they're asking about themselves
    49% of the time they pulled some random picture off google
    1% of the time it is actually someone they know, they don't have consent.

• Yeah I'd agree of course you have to keep in mind that most of the time the supposed friend they want you to rate is actually them.

• Yes, I agree with this

• Yes i do believe its wrong, it is puzzling why people do this

• Most of the time they are asking for themselves...

• yeah it is wrong, but girls want attention lol and I dont mind rating them. I saw many girls in tights with cameltoes haha that wanted to be rated lmao.

• I really don't care tbh.

Go use mine and ask

• that is how facebook started...

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah it's pretty fucked up. They likely do it to get perspective on what is or isn't attractive or to make themselves feel better by getting off on the negative comments that they inevitably receive.

• yeah like what the fuck... that's not cool. even if they approve of it i find it weird.

i had a girl take my pic awhile back and ask gagers to rate it. i love the mods here who have my back though. got removed pretty quick.

• OP is usually asking about themselves anonymously. Doesn't fool anyone haha

• I do. And it's even worse when you see someone post another person's pic without their permission and add a story line about how they "smashed this girl last night" - or worse - a screen shot of a private text conversation.

Bad form. No class.

media.giphy.com/media/OmW3asHpVBxmw/giphy.gif

• If they've given consent, then no. If they haven't given consent, then yes.

• It's about they get unrealistic opinions. To me I can't say to someone he's ugly or average or 9/10. It's rare to find brave gager that give honest negative opinion

• Aha sorry I get it now, Yes it's wrong if I take someone picture for rates

• No, it's not wrong to me. People sometimes want opinions from strangers because they might not believe their friends or family.
    Yes, they might be struggling with their confidence, and this is to give them a push in the back

• I agree with it and I think it's dumb. Like why ask us to rate someone else's pic? Who cares?

• Maybe, but people have done worse things...

• Doesn't make it right

• Won't make it stop either.

• your apathy is appalling

• If someone uploaded a photo of zayn Malik with no permission it's fine lol