G@G Mods: Why is there no edit option on myTakes and opinions?

Just curious.

Switch "Mod" with "Admin"

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• The complete lack of editing is absolutely my favorite thing about this site.

Srsly.

The fact that douchery and lies and assholery can't be erased? IT'S LIKE REAL LIFE YO.

really, this place would lose a lot of its shine if editing became a thing.

Now, there ARE two things that I very much WOULD like to see around here.

1)
    A list of people who've blocked us... PLEASE?
    Not just so I can go "harrumph" and feel superior... but, also, so that I don't have to waste 55 seconds of my life composing a response to someone, only to hit send and be like SIKE.

2)
    It should NOT be possible to block someone IN MID-THREAD.
    Like, even if someone blocks someone else, any OPEN thread (= with at least one post from both people) should remain open for commenting.
    Because, yeah, this whole shit with people "getting the last word" and then haha!-blocking people? It's not cool that that's possible.

@xhoneyxbeex ^^ (suggestion box) thanks in advance if either of these items is eventually considered as a thing

• We have been thinking of ways to improve the blocking feature so, this is great feedback. Thanks! :)

• I can understand about #2. It is so annoying but don't ignore it's drawbacks. Think about the bullies and trolls.

• Moderators only temporarily hide posts until an admin can review it and remove or approve the post. Mods don't have anything to do with site features and updates.

Anyway, we are aware that many users want the ability to edit their posts. It's something we have discussed and we are considering different options. Thanks for your feedback! :)

• No idea, dude, it's not our job :P I would assume that it's because people could then change and write whatever they want? Like someone could be an absolute twat and then change it to make them look like the nicest person ever and everyone who criticised them would look bad. But really, I don't know.

• I mean, at times, I would love an edit feature for when I make silly typos or if my phone autocorrects. -_- However, the main reason this feature isn't implemented is because of trolling. It would be much harder for admins and mods to keep track of all the updated posts (that could be from weeks or months back even).

• Admin!

• Mods don't control this. The object of your ire/inquiry should be the admins.

@GirlsAskGuys

• We don't have anything to do with that. You'll have to ask an admin. Would be nice tho.

• probably because people are too indecisive and would change their original post too often

What Guys Said 2

• not too sure, but an admin would be able to better answer I assume.

• I think you should ask this question to the admins.