GAG Admin, can you please include this in your next release?

It would be really useful if in our profile we have one simple check box which blocks all GAGAers below 16 or 18. So the way it works should be kept simple. Either we keep them. open, or we don't and this option should only be available to people above 18... or 21 whichever makes more sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're going to do that, then make the cutoff 18 since that is the legal age of majority in most countries.

However, people already sign up to the site with fake ages, and something like this isn't going to stop it from continuing. I believe it will actually just encourage the younger crowd to sign up as 18+. I've said it many times already, but there is absolutely no way to enforce your suggestion without people having to share very personal, private documents like birth certificates or passports that show your official date of birth upon signing up for an account. Even if we had to share an image of those documents, the images themselves are easily doctored.

How do I know for sure that you're really 48? I don't. How do you know that I'm actually 25? You don't. It's up to us as users to be mindful of the age of the question asker, and if they are under 18 then you give an age appropriate answer. I understand the concerns people have about under 18 users being on the site, but it's the Internet and people lie.

Most Helpful Guy

• go PM an admin about it.

• I thought this would be the quickest as I would never get to do it otherwise. I am just sick of having to share my views with these kids. I hate mixing adult talk with kids. And inhate talking with them over topics I would not discuss with MY kids of same age.

• the GirlsaskGuys user is where you can give your site feedback, or you can mention it along to any other admin you see. There is a list but I don't know where to find it myself.

• Voila !!! I got noticed :)

What Girls Said 3

• I get your point BUT some people that are under 18 sometimes can need help from other older people.. and if they are already blocked then they won't really get any good help if u know what i mean.

• Point taken.

I think it we do this at all, it has to be done in a reasonable manner. A lot of thought has to go behind it to make it useful and also minimize nuisance.

• Yep, but now i know what's ur reason behind the question and its true.

• Good idea but people will just lie about their age so...

• That thought did cross my mind but I think they will have more reason to not lie than otherwise. But your point is valid.

• they already do lie about their age. I don't take any age (or gender) listed on here as absolute truth.

• Thanks for your feedback! We will take this into consideration as we continue to make improvements to the site. :)

• I have another unrelated suggestion..
      I think it would be cool if we could have muti question polls so that you could poll based on multiple variables.

Quick example... the first part of the poll could be age while the second part could have 4 different choices

Then the user could see what portion of of people who voted for choice B were age 18-24.

Not sure if I explained that properly tho :/

• @Bandit74 That is an EXCELLENT suggestion and something I have been meaning to explain. GAG can be used as an excellent source of community and market research. Having a simple one dimensional poll often does not serve the purpose. We need to have more types of such tools.

What Guys Said 7

• We use to have that option before.
    I think gag removed it as it was being used in the wrong way by some gagers

• I disagree with this. I can't believe a "mature" man is asking for something like this.

• Because you do not even know the reason. And your statement shows your immaturity. That's fine. We all have been through this age

• I think it's pretty obvious why you don't want underage people to comment on your posts...

• I agree very much

• No, that's not a good idea. Blocking by age will result in an age group left behind. This is terrible from a community perspective...

• There used to be an age-based filter for the feed... But it's not there anymore. Honestly, as it was a drop down list with age ranges instead of checkboxes, it was kinda dumb.

• Totally agree with your suggestion.

• Age doesn't equal good advice.